AC Road Race: Ferrari 458@China Coast, Thu 18th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1705096868013.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Another street car challenge, this time on request with the Ferrari 458.
The circuit is a 13km road track on the China coast with a nice variety of corners and beautiful scenery.

WARNING: THIS TRACK HAS SOME EXTRA CHALLENGES. YOU CAN FALL OF FROM THE TRACK IN SOME LOCATIONS AND THERE ARE CAR KILLING STONES SOMETIMES VERY NEAR THE TRACK. SO IT'S IMPORTANT TO STAY ON THE TRACK (AS IN REAL LIFE).

bgr_02-jpg.532506

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to
https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/d751e5b8-9438-48d9-a484-6b01ea5a9fcc?server=1 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 2 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

• Car:
    • Ferrari 458 (Kunos)
  • Track: Coast, https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/coast.47904/(
  • Pit stop: Mandatory, at least 1 liter of fuel
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 37 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
I noticed that you don't have this event loaded up on the server yet Han, but I went ahead and gave it a try offline with the 458 Italia. Wow! Not sure if that's the one we're using here, but what a car! My first time trying this particular version. The interior is incredibly detailed in VR. The red stitched leather, all the gauges, really amazing work they did here modelling this car. And it drives like a dream.

Nice choice. The track is really nice as well. A little bit long, but beautiful scenery. Just be careful with that treacherous sharp right just after the stone arches!

I'll do my best to make it for this one.

I noticed that you don't have this event loaded up on the server yet Han,
Hi Dominic,

Ah, made the mistake on starting it on server 1.
It should be ok now on server 2 with the looping practice. Can you check that, please?
My computer isn't working now.

WARNING: THIS TRACK HAS SOME EXTRA CHALLENGES. YOU CAN FALL OF FROM THE TRACK IN SOME LOCATIONS AND THERE ARE CAR KILLING STONES SOMETIMES VERY NEAR THE TRACK. SO IT'S IMPORTANT TO STAY ON THE TRACK (AS IN REAL LIFE).
This didn't happen to me while testing it for about half an hour but Reik noticed this.

This didn't happen to me while testing it for about half an hour but Reik noticed this.
Yes that’s what I meant about the treacherous sharp right after the arches. I got launched into the ocean 3 times there. You have to slow WAY down there.
Same for the boulders positioned right at the apex of a turn a little later down the road.

Last time I drove on this track was in VR. I nearly had a heart attack when I left the road at the right hand turn. It's a long way down from that cliff !!!
exactly the same thing happened to me--3 times! once sliding backwards all the way down to the rocky shore at the bottom of that cliff. seemed like a mile down there to the bottom of the cliff.

Do you find the track not suitable to race?
No, the track is fine. I should have learned to slow down there after the first time it happened! ;-0 I was just having so much fun blasting around there in that Ferrari that lost track of the speed I was moving at.:D
Folks just need to take care around that one particular corner.

Yes, and it's my first time on this track.

Last edited:
exactly the same thing happened to me--3 times! once sliding backwards all the way down to the rocky shore at the bottom of that cliff. seemed like a mile down there to the bottom of the cliff.
"Teleport to Pits" is your friend.;)

Do you find the track not suitable to race?

The track is probably very nice, but I´m (momentarily) not in the mood to invest the time and learn such a long track (and a new car) for singular use.:(

It´s different for the FatAlfie tracks as we use these more often.

So have fun guys:cool:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 221 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 85 33.9%