Fanatec DD1 & Simagic GT4 (USB) Issue

I was wondering if anyone has encountered an issue where RaceRoom refuses to detect a USB steering wheel. It detects the DD1, Fanatec Pedals and shifter no problem but will not detect the Simagic GT4 wheel mounted on a podium hub and connected via USB. If I use my Fanatec formula wheel or any other Fanatec wheel they are detected just fine. rFactor2, AC and ACC all work perfectly fine, just RaceRoom seems to have an issue. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

I have done that and everything works perfect outside of RaceRoom, and is fine in every other sim. It is detected in USB Game Controllers as “simagichub”. Nothing I do seems to allow it to work in RaceRoom. The really strange part is I have another generic USB encoder for my button box that does detect correctly in game just not the wheel so I can’t use the shifters and wheel mounted buttons. It is very disappointing as I really like the game but can’t use my 300mm wheel with it.

SRG just did a review of the wheel.

Hey George, had a long trouble-shooting session yesterday night with Alex and we found that in the Win device manager in the tab for 'Events' it shows 'not migrated'. Which is odd since it shows working under Win apparently in your case and in mine. So that's our best guess atm. Solution pending ;)
Can you confirm the 'not migrated' status?

Also: Are you running the latest Firmware for the wheel? And if so: do you remember if you tried the wheel for the first time in Raceroom before or after upgrading the FW?

Last edited:
Hey George, had a long trouble-shooting session yesterday night with Alex and we found that in the Win device manager in the tab for 'Events' it shows 'not migrated'. Which is odd since it shows working under Win apparently in your case and in mine. So that's our best guess atm. Solution pending ;)
Can you confirm the 'not migrated' status?

Also: Are you running the latest Firmware for the wheel? And if so: do you remember if you tried the wheel for the first time in Raceroom before or after upgrading the FW?

I just checked my system and all my "HID-compliant game controller" are showing as "Device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match", however all of them show under events "Device not migrated->Device configured (input,inf)->Device Started" and indicate the device is working properly.

I did update to the latest firmware from Simagic (which is a terrible tool btw), but I did that before trying in RaceRoom unfortunately.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Thank you greatly for the help.

Last edited:
I just checked my system and all my "HID-compliant game controller" are showing as "Device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match", however all of them show under events "Device not migrated->Device configured (input,inf)->Device Started" and indicate the device is working properly.

I did update to the latest firmware from Simagic (which is a terrible tool btw), but I did that before trying in RaceRoom unfortunately.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Thank you greatly for the help.

Well, the fact that you updated your wheel (yep terrible piece of sw) BEFORE you fired up R3E is actually a good thing in terms of evaluation. Even more now it seems to be the case that my (short) successful using of the GT4 in R3E was due to the fact, that it had an older fw. Here's what Alex said: "RR is very particular about driver and firmware signings, so if there are any errors in windows it won't be usable."
Also he claims that R3E is as well particular with drivers. Whereas other Sims don't even need a device-ID for example, R3E is very dependant on that.

Alex will contact SImagic and I connected the german reseller with Alex, he might get a wheel for testing. So all these efforts should hopefully lead to a happy ending I hope :)

Last edited:
Well, the fact that you updated your wheel (yep terrible piece of sw) BEFORE you fired up R3E is actually a good thing in terms of evaluation. Even more now it seems to be the case that my (short) successful using of the GT4 in R3E was due to the fact, that it had an older fw. Here's what Alex said: "RR is very particular about driver and firmware signings, so if there are any errors in windows it won't be usable."
Also he claims that R3E is as well particular with drivers. Whereas other Sims don't even need a device-ID for example, R3E is very dependant on that.

Alex will contact SImagic and I connected the german reseller with Alex, he might get a wheel for testing. So all these efforts should hopefully lead to a happy ending I hope :)

All of efforts are greatly appreciated for sure. Its very interesting for sure the way they choose to interface with devices. That being said all my HID-compliant game controller(s) are showing the same messages including the DD1 and generic button box, which indicates to me it may not be directly related. Hopefully they find the root cause as I very excited to drive this sim more.

All of efforts are greatly appreciated for sure. Its very interesting for sure the way they choose to interface with devices. That being said all my HID-compliant game controller(s) are showing the same messages including the DD1 and generic button box, which indicates to me it may not be directly related. Hopefully they find the root cause as I very excited to drive this sim more.
I had exactly the same thought: If other devices (here also a generic bb etc.) show the same entry which could indicate a problem but are all working correctly, why should the wheel not?
Alex seemed pretty sure tho that the migration thing is the cause. Keep in mind on my PC it worked at first then stopped being even existing for R3E after the update. So this could be a strong indication. I think
Anyways, I'm out of ideas atm and we will need a little patience now But surely this is annoying.

Last edited:
Glad to see i'm not the only one with this issue. Just to add some info I upgraded the firmware before launching r3e
Thanks, I'm still looking into this. As well as the german reseller and Alex Hodgkinson of Sector3.
Since it's the chinese new year all is on hold fir now :)

So you never tried to fire up R3E with the older fw on your wheel, is this right?

Just a thought, both mine and Hiro Abe's unit (GT4 wheel review) are the carbon OSW type with the 6 pin mini-din to usb connector and no problems with Raceroom.

I see from a earlier pic that protocolgeorge's unit is the mini-usb type. Miki Laggard and pucho_uy were yours the same?

Thanks for contributing to this topic.

Nope, I got the standalone version like you do. And I had two units here, since the german reseller was supportive and sent me a second one for verification. Same problem. Aslo both emitted a very high pitched beeping sound comin from the electronics board. So I went on to a different brand and am rocking a Cube Controls now.

I still like the Simagic more in terms of button-layout, button/encoder-feel and customization. But the rim of the CC GT Pro Zero is the best I ever layed hands on. Finding the perfect wheel can be quite the journey ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back