Fanatec DD1 & Simagic GT4 (USB) Issue

I was wondering if anyone has encountered an issue where RaceRoom refuses to detect a USB steering wheel. It detects the DD1, Fanatec Pedals and shifter no problem but will not detect the Simagic GT4 wheel mounted on a podium hub and connected via USB. If I use my Fanatec formula wheel or any other Fanatec wheel they are detected just fine. rFactor2, AC and ACC all work perfectly fine, just RaceRoom seems to have an issue. Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

The Simagic GT4 is not a wheel we have a profile for hence it won't be automatically recognised. In fact I hadn't even heard of it until now! RaceRoom is very reliant on windows usb game controllers so you need to ensure that it's detected and fully working inside that.

I have done that and everything works perfect outside of RaceRoom, and is fine in every other sim. It is detected in USB Game Controllers as “simagichub”. Nothing I do seems to allow it to work in RaceRoom. The really strange part is I have another generic USB encoder for my button box that does detect correctly in game just not the wheel so I can’t use the shifters and wheel mounted buttons. It is very disappointing as I really like the game but can’t use my 300mm wheel with it.

SRG just did a review of the wheel.

I second that problem. Exactly the same issue. Deleting the documents folder of R3E and complete reinstall did nothing.
Everywhere else: no problems! Also similar: Generic button box of another DIY-wheel is recognized perfectly by R3E.
I run a Simucube 1 Wheel base.

I might add that it did recognise the wheel on first try and showed it as simagichub as everywhere else. Next time I fired up R3E it showed 'simagichub' in red (as in missing device - hadn't changed a thing).
I then deleted the control set file in the documents folder, which helped with that issue in other cases/devices, and then simagichub never returned

Still no solution. I was really excited when new patch was released hoping this issue was corrected, but no luck unfortunately. This issue is really preventing on spending any money on RaceRoom until its resolved, very disappointing because it seems like a fantastic sim.

Still no solution. I was really excited when new patch was released hoping this issue was corrected, but no luck unfortunately. This issue is really preventing on spending any money on RaceRoom until its resolved, very disappointing because it seems like a fantastic sim.

Yeah, it's a bummer. R3E was my first PC Sim after coming from GT Sport. I've moved on to other titles now mainly but love to come back once in a while. Content is great, getting a decent ffb together a pain - especially on DD. But the Software itself is really so so. I've always been struggling with it for various reasons.
And not being able to use a specific wheel is hard to accept tbh. I don't mind a little workaround but I have fiddled now with so many parameters that patience is the only thing left.

EDIT: What really ennoys me, is that it worked for a short period and there seems to be no way to return to that point. Not even via reinstall (or hundred other attempts for that matter).

Last edited:
The steering and pedal inputs work perfectly, but since the wheel is connected via USB and not through wheel itself it is not detected at all so none on the buttons work. However if I connect a Fanatec wheel like the Formula V2 or BMW GT2 they work fine. It simply does not detect the Simagic GT4 USB wheel.

When you guys say it doesn't work, how exactly? You can assign steering inputs in the controller profile but assigning buttons doesn't work?

First: thanks for getting back to us Alex.

For clarification: we both use this wheel as a standalone USB-wheel, directly connected to the PC. So steering inputs come from ouir bases and work fine.

The wheel shows up as: 'simagichub' (everywhere else, that is)

Otherwise it's like protocolgeorge said: The wheel is nonexisting! Won't show up in RaceRoom. In my case with the difference, that at first try it showed up, buttons could be configured, all fine. I didn't drive the wheel tho, since I'm still waiting for the fitting QR, but everything in terms of functionality was A-ok!
Next time it showed red as in: missing device and nothing worked anymore and after that it was never seen again in R3E.
In Win10 game controller panel it shows up and all buttons and paddles work, in every other sim (and game) it works flawlessly. fw of the wheel is up to date.
My old custom USB wheel (also button-box directly to PC via USB) worked perfectly with R3E since day one. Should be a Leo Bodnar controller inside, but not sure.

Troubleshooting so far: cleaning up the USB controller list in Win with USBDeview (simagichub is existing there), having Raceroom deinstalled/reinstalled, checking files via Steam and deleting the ControlSet list in SimBin documents folder which worked fine on other occasions.

Hope these infos help. Would be big to fire up R3E again!

Last edited:
Right, thanks for the info. Which controller profiles are you trying to load with the wheel, is it one which you can test and confirm that it does definitely work with another wheel?

I think I tried several, but I'm sure of loading 'SimuCube 1', 'SimuCube 1 Alexs' (what even is this?! :) ) and Keyboard.

Mouse also shows up but didn't try it with that I'm pretty sure.

Now in the ControlSet folder in steam/common/raceroom etc. (not in documents...SimBin) I spotted a Simagic profile whis is obviously there for the wheelbase. I tried to force R3E to offer me this profile by taking out all the other profiles but it didn't show in Controller Profiles (and I put em all back :) )

For testing

If in the list of game devices:

1) an intruder appears
2) your steering wheel or pedals or one of your peripherals is not displayed

go to the device_statistics.xml file located in "My Documents \ My Games \ SimBin \ RaceRoom Racing Experience \ UserData"
and open it with notepad or a software reading xml

ex: the game showed me my xbox controller which I don't have to do

in the file I changed these lines to false while they were true

<custom>
<deviceId type = "uint32"> 42861662 </deviceId>
<deviceName type = "string"> <! [CDATA [XBOX 360 Controller]]> </deviceName>
<hasBeenConnected type = "bool"> false </hasBeenConnected>
<hasBeenEvaluated type = "bool"> false </hasBeenEvaluated>
</custom>

if you are missing a device, it should definitely be false. Try to change it to true

in the file I changed these lines to false while they were true

<custom>
<deviceId type = "uint32"> 42861662 </deviceId>
<deviceName type = "string"> <! [CDATA [XBOX 360 Controller]]> </deviceName>
<hasBeenConnected type = "bool"> false </hasBeenConnected>
<hasBeenEvaluated type = "bool"> false </hasBeenEvaluated>
</custom>

if you are missing a device, it should definitely be false. Try to change it to true

That looked promising, since I found a SIMAGIC entry there set to 'false'.
Unfortunately only thing that happened is that SIMAGIC profile showed up - in red. As missing device. Couldn't assign a button. Samesame.
But thank you, good thinking!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back