Fanatec DD mounting dimensions

Hi Guys

I'm wondering if someone with a Fanatec DD1/2 Podium wheel base could confirm the dimensions for the front mounting bolt holes are 78.40mm from centre to centre and M6 bolt size.

Fanatec.jpg

I thought that the only way to attach the Fanatec DD wheel bases was on the side with 2 x 8 mm bolts.

I don't think the front holes are designed to support more than a button box.

Upvote 0
Many thanks norbs..!!

Just an FYI, you can actually find the centre line of the holes by measuring the inside diameter of the hole and zeroing the calipers. You then measure between the outer walls of each hole and boom :)

holecentertocenter.jpg

I thought that the only way to attach the Fanatec DD wheel bases was on the side with 2 x 8 mm bolts.

I don't think the front holes are designed to support more than a button box.
Yeah you are right RC.. I'm designing a custom box that I want to be mountable on both the Mige motor and the Fanatec units.

Upvote 0
Many thanks norbs..!!

Just an FYI, you can actually find the centre line of the holes by measuring the inside diameter of the hole and zeroing the calipers. You then measure between the outer walls of each hole and boom :)

View attachment 348702

Yeah you are right RC.. I'm designing a custom box that I want to be mountable on both the Mige motor and the Fanatec units.

I did know that, I was struggling with a camera in one hand and the calipers in the other. It got the message across I hope :)

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

With Fanatec front mounting bolt holes is clear. But what about the side mounting holes? Could some Fanatec DD2 owner check the dimensions between side holes centres, please?
I am attaching the picture what I mean. I marked it in red.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Fanatec side mounting.png
    Fanatec side mounting.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,335
Upvote 0
Hi Guys

I'm wondering if someone with a Fanatec DD1/2 Podium wheel base could confirm the dimensions for the front mounting bolt holes are 78.40mm from centre to centre and M6 bolt size.

View attachment 348489
If anyone else needs this, I've got it at 55.87mm. I downloaded the PDF from Fanatec's website and opened it in Illustrator. It's drawn to scale and seems accurate from physically measuring it. Not sure why they've not used a round number for this though.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back