Fanatec DD mounting dimensions

Paul Mullins

100RPM
Sep 27, 2010
Hi Guys

I'm wondering if someone with a Fanatec DD1/2 Podium wheel base could confirm the dimensions for the front mounting bolt holes are 78.40mm from centre to centre and M6 bolt size.

Fanatec.jpg

RCHeliguy

2000RPM
Premium
Jan 19, 2019
I thought that the only way to attach the Fanatec DD wheel bases was on the side with 2 x 8 mm bolts.

I don't think the front holes are designed to support more than a button box.

Paul Mullins

100RPM
Sep 27, 2010
Many thanks norbs..!!

Just an FYI, you can actually find the centre line of the holes by measuring the inside diameter of the hole and zeroing the calipers. You then measure between the outer walls of each hole and boom :)

holecentertocenter.jpg

I thought that the only way to attach the Fanatec DD wheel bases was on the side with 2 x 8 mm bolts.

I don't think the front holes are designed to support more than a button box.
Yeah you are right RC.. I'm designing a custom box that I want to be mountable on both the Mige motor and the Fanatec units.

Reactions: RCHeliguy

norbs

That cams guy.
Premium
Mar 22, 2014
Many thanks norbs..!!

Just an FYI, you can actually find the centre line of the holes by measuring the inside diameter of the hole and zeroing the calipers. You then measure between the outer walls of each hole and boom :)

View attachment 348702

Yeah you are right RC.. I'm designing a custom box that I want to be mountable on both the Mige motor and the Fanatec units.

I did know that, I was struggling with a camera in one hand and the calipers in the other. It got the message across I hope :)

Reactions: Paul Mullins