Fanatec CSW 2.5 randomly switched to xbox mode

Hi guys, I emailed Fanatec support with this but because of the time of year I don't know how quick they'll respond. Just wondering if any of you have had a similar issue.

I was just in a race in iRacing using my Fanatec CSW 2.5 base, a Universal Hub (Xbox One version) and my Fanatec sequential shifter, and some odd things started happening. Firstly the car started shifting on its own sometimes, and then the steering completely stopped working and the base showed green lights instead of red, like it had changed into xbox mode. Pressing the buttons on the Hub to switch between modes put it back in PC mode, but it changed back randomly three times in the race (causing me to crash each time! :mad:).

I've checked the usual things (all the pins are fine, and my drivers and firmware are up to date). Has anyone else had something like this happen?

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the base, the hub, or just a random usb issue (I have a helluva lot of usb things plugged in...).

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Hi there
I too have had the same issue of my CSW 2.5 randomly jumping into xbox mode and causing me to crash. I'd be very interested to find out what Fanatec has to say about the issue!

Upvote 0
Fanatec got back to me pretty quickly:

This issue usually is related to a problem with the connection between wheelbase and steering wheel. If the pins are ok, you can try to slightly fasten the hex screws inside the wheel base hub and the quick release of the UHX. Please see the attached file for reference.
Don't use too much torque, as it could deform the plastic pieces underneath.

I've not had a chance to look at the screws yet, but hopefully it'll solve it.

Attachments

• QR Screws.pdf
    123.5 KB · Views: 838
Upvote 0
Fanatec got back to me pretty quickly:

This issue usually is related to a problem with the connection between wheelbase and steering wheel. If the pins are ok, you can try to slightly fasten the hex screws inside the wheel base hub and the quick release of the UHX. Please see the attached file for reference.
Don't use too much torque, as it could deform the plastic pieces underneath.

I've not had a chance to look at the screws yet, but hopefully it'll solve it.

So did this work for you? I got a new csw and am running into the same problem. I screwed the screws, worked for an hour maybe now its back to happy switching.

Upvote 0
Jumped in iracing for a few laps to give it a test. Turns out it only happens when I have one particular rim attached to the universal hub. That rim connects via usb for the buttons,etc. but another rim using the same usb cable seems to be okay... So I think it's something wrong with my wheel rather than anything Fanatec.

Maybe a ground issue or something. Unfortunately I made the rim myself so I need to do my own technical support :(

Sorry, this probably doesn't help you all that much. If you're just using Fanatec equipment, I'd get in touch with them directly. They tend to get bashed a bit on here, but I've never had a problem with their technical support.

Upvote 0
Well sorry to hear that, thats not good! Thx for testing anyway! Well i contacted them in the meantime, the reply was to make a video :)
So thats what im doing now! First time Fanatec buyer so cant say much about support, otoh am surprised they answered over the weekend, didnt expect that.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back