Fanatec CSR elite V1 broken?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by ZeroKey, Sep 10, 2018.

1. ZeroKey

ZeroKey

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys! I just ordered CSR elite V1 pedals from eBay and I'm not sure if they are working correctly. The brake pedal has the load cell which is why I bought it. But it feels like as if the brake booster on your car was broken. It's incredibly stiff. I've previously only used normal pedals and don't know how these should feel.

Thanks for your help.
    Have a good one!

Zero

2. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    I have around 1 inch of travel on the brake pedal in my CSR Elites.

3. ZeroKey

ZeroKey

Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, that is pretty much the same as mine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Remember & adjust the dial at the back of the brake to increase / decrease the loadcell sensitivity to suit your driving style.

Once you get used to it you should notice better lap times due to more consistent braking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mascot

Mascot
    Card-carrying mod whore Premium

Ratings:
    +380
    Calibrate them properly for each sim as well.
    Load cell brake pedals are supposed to feel stiff. They work by pressure, not range of motion like pot-based ones.

6. ZeroKey

ZeroKey

Ratings:
    +1
    I was expecting a stiffer pedal but I thought it would be closer to the feel of a real break pedal. As in it gets stiffer the further you push it but is sort of soft for the fist few centemeters.

I'm still trying out the settings but I think I'm close to the point I like it at.

Yea I'm already getting better. I had problems with cars without abs in assetto corsa. Because I simply couldn't tell how far I had to push it.

7. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
  8. ZeroKey

ZeroKey

Ratings:
    +1
  9. LoeVG

LoeVG

Ratings:
    +22
    @ZeroKey ,

Remember street cars have brake boosters which help ease the needed pressure to brake. Racing cars doesn't have brake boosters and hence they have a very hard brake pedal.

10. MoodyB

MoodyB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Just an update on these brake inserts from BBJ SimRacing.

The weaker of the 3 inserts is slightly softer than the one the pedals come with as standard.

The other 2 are noticeably firmer than stock, and I'd expect you'd need your pedals and seat fixed to do them justice.

11. ZeroKey

ZeroKey

Ratings:
    +1
    I've come to realize that as well. I need to get some sort of racing rig to get the feeling that I expected.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.