Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings

Well since no one seems interested in this wheel being supported in R3E I've tried to get things to a point where the wheel is working well in this game and you can actually feel whats going on with your car.

I have the ClubSport Wheel V2 Base with the BMW Rim on it. So pretty heavy.
Basically I fired up Assetto Corsa and did laps with the BMW GTR 2 Car.
The first thing that hits you is how easy it is to drive compared with R3E.
The reason I reckon is because you can feel when you are on the edge of grip.
So after doing many laps I sought to duplicate this feel in R3E.

Here's what I've come up. It isn't perfect but it's a lot better than what I had before and now I can feel the grip levels changing. It helped me go almost 2 seconds faster around Nurburgring. (I used this track because of it's demanding corners which are very hard on tyres)

The other thing to help is to fix up the sound. First make sure your tyre noise is much louder than default.
Second turn off reverb (why this is set to 100% is beyond me) Play with other settings with the mind to getting audio feedback on what is happening with the car.

Make sure your wheel is set to 540º Rotation (Control Panel 900º) and the rest standard.
The other thing that really helps me a lot is reducing the throttle sensitivity to 20%
It is just far too easy IMHO to wheel spin the car coming out of tight corners.
(and don't get me started on the curbs!)

I turn the shift effect off because it is far too brutal even at 1% and I use Fanaleds which does a much better job.

ForceFeedbackSettings.jpg

So there you have it. Hopefully this helps some of you out with this great wheel.
I'm still tweaking it but I feel this is a great launching pad.
Hopefully Sector 3 will come up with support for this wheel soon.

I just received my CSW V2 and anxious to try it out on r3e. Can anyone report back whether I should use these custom settings or the fanatec profile that was released recently?

I just received my CSW V2 and anxious to try it out on r3e. Can anyone report back whether I should use these custom settings or the fanatec profile that was released recently?
I'm using the default profile with a few tweaks.
I turn steering rack to 0% and turn off engine and brake vibrations, else it's default.
I'm sure you can tweak it even better according to your own preferences but those do very well for me.

I am using the default profile in game.
On the wheel I have everything at default except for DRI 3 and I am very happy with the feedback and feeling in game now.
The recent patches are great.

I am using the default profile in game.
On the wheel I have everything at default except for DRI 3 and I am very happy with the feedback and feeling in game now.
The recent patches are great.
I tend to adjust drift setting depending on what car I'm driving. If I want a firmer feel from cars like the new DTM or WTCCs I turn off drift mode, if I'm driving an older car that I expect to counter steer slides in I add drift mode 3-5

Sounds sensible.
But I don't like the assisted countersteer of DRI 4 and 5.
And usually don't like the Dampened DRI OFF, 1-2 either, so the neutral 3 setting (no dampening, no motor assist) usually feels best for me.

I'm having a hard time setting up this wheel and I'm getting super frustrated. I've tried both the custom settings from here and the default profile. The ffb feels great...but I am having one problem. Every time I brake into a corner I spin. All it takes is the slightest movement...and I am talking very slight under braking and I'm completely turned around on the track. I've tried everything from tuning the car with softer springs and softer sway bar to less steering lock...I'm running 900* btw...to messing with pretty much every setting under the steering force settings in the ffb tab and still the same result. I've tried less brake pressure as well thinking the brakes might be locking up and spinning the car, and changing brake bias...having it at 60% to the front but nothing works. Just trying to lay everything out there so everyone knows what I have tried. This doesn't happen to me in other sims so I don't know what the issue is. These are the settings I am running currently that feel the best but still aren't solving my issue

Wheel
Sen 900
Ff 100
Sho 100
Abs 90
Lin Off
Dea Off
Dri Off
For 70
Spr 100
Dpr 100

In game under force feedback
Ffb On
Inverted ffb on
Game pad rumbl off
Ffb intensity 65
Smoothing 0
Spring 0
Damper 0
Friction 0
Steering force intensity 100
Understeer 40
Vertical load 100
Lateral force 0
Steering rack 0

Like I said, I have tried pretty much every combo you can think of under the ffb tab and still getting the same problem. I hope someone has had this problem before and knows how to fix it. Thank you in advance

Check Advanced Settings in Controller Settings ingame, try the brake and watch the bar fill, it should fill progressively, it might be that your pedals are not calibrated correctly by the game so you get 100% brake pressure by a slight touch of the pedal.
Only thing I could think of right now.

Check Advanced Settings in Controller Settings ingame, try the brake and watch the bar fill, it should fill progressively, it might be that your pedals are not calibrated correctly by the game so you get 100% brake pressure by a slight touch of the pedal.
Only thing I could think of right now.
Have tried that as well. I am getting 100% and it does fill at the same speed throughout the bar. I don't think is a way to actually calibrate the pedals...just assigning the action to the pedal...then checking under advanced settings. Unless there is a calibration setting that I am just missing. I honestly have tried everything and I can't think of what else it could be

Perhaps with fiddling with the settings you have touched the sensitivity settings of the brake in the game?
This would give it either a curved behaviour or an amplified one.

If you check your game controller settings in Windows, does this show normal behaviour of the brake pedal?

If so, then its not a hardware issue. The solution should then be found in the game or your driving style (which is probably not the case either, if only R3E gives you problems).

I kind of recall someone complaining about the brakes being way too sensitive in R3E a while back, the guy ran something like 20% brake pressure ingame to be able to drive the cars (not sure about the actual numbers).
Can't say that I remember if he sorted it out at all but could be worth testing to lower the brake pressure if nothing else, see if that can work as a workaround if nothing else.

Perhaps with fiddling with the settings you have touched the sensitivity settings of the brake in the game?
This would give it either a curved behaviour or an amplified one.

If you check your game controller settings in Windows, does this show normal behaviour of the brake pedal?

If so, then its not a hardware issue. The solution should then be found in the game or your driving style (which is probably not the case either, if only R3E gives you problems).
I did change the sensitivity of the brakes in game. I've tried both settings...in the ffb advanced settings and the brake pressure in the car set up. I've tried lowering brake "sensitivity" to 15% while running 90% brake "pressure" in the car set up. I haven't tried turning the sensitivity up and lowering the pressure way down so I might give that a try. I use DI View to check the range on my pedals...and I'm getting full range out of them...and it's linear throughout so I don't think that's the issue. I'm running the Fanatec V2 pedals directly by USB. I know you lose resolution having them through the wheelbase. I won't be home for a few hours so I'll try those new settings later and see if that helps

I don't think DI View will reflect filters that the game puts on, but I might be wrong.

Best bet is to revert to default profile settings in-game. And if that doesn't revert the sensitivity settings make sure you manually put them back to 50%. That is linear in game.

I have set my upper deadzone to 70% (effectively making the pedal 100% pressure in game at 70% depression). Lower deadzone is 0%.

I don't think DI View will reflect filters that the game puts on, but I might be wrong.

Best bet is to revert to default profile settings in-game. And if that doesn't revert the sensitivity settings make sure you manually put them back to 50%. That is linear in game.

I have set my upper deadzone to 70% (effectively making the pedal 100% pressure in game at 70% depression). Lower deadzone is 0%.
I'll have to give that a try later. Is there a way to reset the profile back to default? I was looking for that option yesterday but I may have overlooked it

So I tried out the new brake pedal settings and still no luck. It doesn't have so much to do with the brakes...I can be going around a corner or a bend and the slightest movement from the wheel and the rear end swings out from under me. I'm using all the default settings in the controller profiler and the stock setup for the vehicle. No matter what car I drive I can't keep the rear end from flying out from under me. Im getting really frustrated with this as I really like this game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back