Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings

Well since no one seems interested in this wheel being supported in R3E I've tried to get things to a point where the wheel is working well in this game and you can actually feel whats going on with your car.

I have the ClubSport Wheel V2 Base with the BMW Rim on it. So pretty heavy.
Basically I fired up Assetto Corsa and did laps with the BMW GTR 2 Car.
The first thing that hits you is how easy it is to drive compared with R3E.
The reason I reckon is because you can feel when you are on the edge of grip.
So after doing many laps I sought to duplicate this feel in R3E.

Here's what I've come up. It isn't perfect but it's a lot better than what I had before and now I can feel the grip levels changing. It helped me go almost 2 seconds faster around Nurburgring. (I used this track because of it's demanding corners which are very hard on tyres)

The other thing to help is to fix up the sound. First make sure your tyre noise is much louder than default.
Second turn off reverb (why this is set to 100% is beyond me) Play with other settings with the mind to getting audio feedback on what is happening with the car.

Make sure your wheel is set to 540º Rotation (Control Panel 900º) and the rest standard.
The other thing that really helps me a lot is reducing the throttle sensitivity to 20%
It is just far too easy IMHO to wheel spin the car coming out of tight corners.
(and don't get me started on the curbs!)

I turn the shift effect off because it is far too brutal even at 1% and I use Fanaleds which does a much better job.

ForceFeedbackSettings.jpg

So there you have it. Hopefully this helps some of you out with this great wheel.
I'm still tweaking it but I feel this is a great launching pad.
Hopefully Sector 3 will come up with support for this wheel soon.

Is your steering sensitivity set to 50%?
That's the linear setting.

Other than that I have no idea. Best bet is to post as much info as you can and include screenshots.

It has to be software related cause I am using the same hardware and have no such issue

Is your steering sensitivity set to 50%?
That's the linear setting.

Other than that I have no idea. Best bet is to post as much info as you can and include screenshots.

It has to be software related cause I am using the same hardware and have no such issue
Yes. Steering sensitivity at 50, and steering rack at 30 for 900°

+1 on the CSWv2 settings now the FFB has been patched. I reset my FFB and the game does feel great in the corners. My issue seems more on the straights. The little bumps on the straight seem too exaggerated. For now I'll try to reduce the steering rack as I've heard that may do it.

Ok, so I had another go last night at getting the FFB better. The thing that was giving me the clatter around centre was the Minimum Force effect. Default sets it to 10%. Drop this down to 0 and the wheel feels too light at centre. But if you drop it down and up the Lateral force from 60 to 85 it feels much better. I think I left the Minimum at 2% and the Lateral at 85%. Everything else was default, I created a new custom setup from the default profile. Did a couple of laps round the VLN Nordschleife and it was great!

tested and worked very nicely and no more crazy FFB!
now last question is, rotation of wheel?
1) Fanatec driver setting in windows?
2) on wheel SEn setting? auto?
3) in game is there a rotation setting i nees to change?

i feel like steering a boat at the moment when going into turns/ hair pins in race cars. or do i have to adjust per car in game?

Ok, yes, good point. I brought the wheel down to 540 under SEn, and I set the global settings in game to 540. This is something I'm probably going to play with more when I have time.l but for now driving GT and touring cars it'll be fine I think.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%