Sounds F1 Sounds Megapack

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I use all the 20 cars in a race with there uniek engine sounds and I drive in a Red Bull I only hear the cars with the honda sounds not the Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault.

Is this normal?

Last edited:
When I use all the 20 cars in a race with there uniek engine sounds and I drive in a Red Bull I only hear the cars with the honda sounds not the Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault.

Is this normal?
this is a known hit and miss issue. it's hard to say why it happens but i've got a feeling its partly due to sample count being too high and partly due to the cars being clones of eachother. either way i've not found a way to get around it completely. i've cloned these cars multiple times and just stuck with the attempt that threw up no problems. im sorry about this. i will try to simplify the sounds in the next update to try to get the wav count down without reducing quality. that might help

this is a known hit and miss issue. it's hard to say why it happens but i've got a feeling its partly due to sample count being too high and partly due to the cars being clones of eachother. either way i've not found a way to get around it completely. i've cloned these cars multiple times and just stuck with the attempt that threw up no problems. im sorry about this. i will try to simplify the sounds in the next update to try to get the wav count down without reducing quality. that might help

Ok thanks for your reply... That good be possible, to much clones of the rss hybrid 2020. Ok will wait for the update, I will try some different cloning maybe it will work.

Mega job with the sounds man, adds to the immersion, i was wondering whether you can make the 2016 Porsche 919 hybrid sound mod?
I have made it, just never released it. It didn't turn out good with my skillset at the time. Maybe I'll revisit it.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for your reply... That good be possible, to much clones of the rss hybrid 2020. Ok will wait for the update, I will try some different cloning maybe it will work.
i think i've found the issue. the guids files arent actually the same like i thought. that's my lack of in depth knowledge showing. hopefully, if i've sussed it correctly, this will be fixed in the next update which isnt too far away now. if it doesnt work, assume i dont have the foggiest of how to fix it

Last edited:
ACFAN updated F1 Megapack with a new update entry:

V10s and V12s!

V0.9 Released!

V0.9 Changelog:
- Added
VRC Renault R25
Ferrari F2004
RSS Formula 2000
RSS Formula 1990
ASR Formula Ferrari 412T2
Virtua Simulazioni McLaren MP4/13

- Fully Reworked
RSS Formula Hybrid 20XX Renault

- Minor Improvements to:
RSS Formula Hybrid 20XX Honda
RSS Formula Hybrid 20XX Mercedes
RSS Formula Hybrid 20XX Ferrari

Read the rest of this update entry...

so this no longer offers the formula Hybrid prior to 2020?
Not out of the box no due to file size. Not that good Internet here. But you can by replacing sounds using content manager. See my installation tutorial on the overview page. I cover it in there if you've not done it before

Hey ACFAN, replying here as you requested.

I'm not sure about the custom physics you mention, are they in your zip with the sounds, or a separate download?
For reference, I first installed the car, then your sounds (theoretically only overwriting the original sounds). As I mentioned, the issue is that when I downshift, the car drops to 0rpm briefly as if auto-blip didn't work. I shouldn't be asking this here as this is clearly an issue with the car mod, but I was interested in these physics you speak of.

Thanks and again, kudos for the epic work!

Firstly thanks for posting here. Many people have certain issues for whatever reason and when I ask them to post here I get no response so first thanks for using the website properly. Secondly, I included a data.acd file in some car folders. This is the physics file for the car and I only changed very minor things like shift times and adding throttle blip.

So the solution to your issue is one of the following:

1. You can raise the issue with the car maker so they release updated physics for the car

2. You can easily edit it yourself (literally a few clicks and typing a couple of numbers if you have content manager) and I'll talk you through it

You choose :)

I forgot to ask, what car is it?

Last edited:
No probs!

Well, the car is the ASR Ferrari 412T2. I checked your folder structure and the data.acd file should've been extracted correctly, since I simply dragged and dropped the content folder which has all the sounds. However, just in case, I re-installed only the 412T2 sounds (extracted the folders "asr_1995_ferrari_412t2_27" and "asr_1995_ferrari_412t2_28" to assettocorsa/content/cars). Unfortunately the issue persisted.

The other thing is that I can't retest ASR's own data.acd because I was hasty and deleted the zip, and now ASR's website is down for maintenance, so I'll have to wait until it's back up.

I was able to extract data.acd using CM, but I do massively appreciate some pointers to where I have to edit values.

Cheers,

No probs!

Well, the car is the ASR Ferrari 412T2. I checked your folder structure and the data.acd file should've been extracted correctly, since I simply dragged and dropped the content folder which has all the sounds. However, just in case, I re-installed only the 412T2 sounds (extracted the folders "asr_1995_ferrari_412t2_27" and "asr_1995_ferrari_412t2_28" to assettocorsa/content/cars). Unfortunately the issue persisted.

The other thing is that I can't retest ASR's own data.acd because I was hasty and deleted the zip, and now ASR's website is down for maintenance, so I'll have to wait until it's back up.

I was able to extract data.acd using CM, but I do massively appreciate some pointers to where I have to edit values.

Cheers,
Ok so you've extracted data. Go to he data folder, find the text file called drive train

Find the section called AUTOBLIP

At the bottom there'll be an amount value. 1 is full throttle and 0 is none. change the amount to 0.3 or 0.4 whatever suits you. This will blip the throttle 30 or 40% on downshift. Don't forget to enable the AUTOBLIP first. It's the first option under the AUTOBLIP title I think.

Save the file, mad repack that data using cm. See if it works. I can't access my pc atm to give you proper terms so I recalled what I could from memory. Doing a pc upgrade so ind the middle of transferring files etc so do excuse me

If you're using m data file this has already been done. Maybe I forgot to add it to 1 of the asr 412t2 cars and you just happened to drive that one. Just copy the data folder of the alesi car to the berger car. I know the alesi car has it because I used that one for sound development

Last edited:
So I unpacked and found the file and line you mention. Your values were as follows:

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=1
POINT_0=10 ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=11 ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=20 ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=0.4 ; Gas level to be reached

Wasn't sure about what to put, so just as a test to see if it affects something, I copied the values of a Kunos car, in this case the F138. Looks like this:

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=1
POINT_0=1 ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=20 ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=25 ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=1.0 ; Gas level to be reached

I then selected "Pack Data" in CM, in the corresponding car's tab. CM seemingly created a new data.acd successfully. But ultimately, it made no changes to the issue. I could've messed up the repacking bit, though. I assumed it packed the data folder it automatically generated previously.

Here is a clip of what's happening. I'm driving with the Xbox controller as I was just testing, but I ensured auto-lift and auto-blip were enabled in-game: https://streamable.com/5t6nxf

Let me know any info you need from me.
And huge thanks for bearing with me!

So I unpacked and found the file and line you mention. Your values were as follows:

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=1
POINT_0=10 ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=11 ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=20 ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=0.4 ; Gas level to be reached

Wasn't sure about what to put, so just as a test to see if it affects something, I copied the values of a Kunos car, in this case the F138. Looks like this:

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=1
POINT_0=1 ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=20 ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=25 ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=1.0 ; Gas level to be reached

I then selected "Pack Data" in CM, in the corresponding car's tab. CM seemingly created a new data.acd successfully. But ultimately, it made no changes to the issue. I could've messed up the repacking bit, though. I assumed it packed the data folder it automatically generated previously.

Here is a clip of what's happening. I'm driving with the Xbox controller as I was just testing, but I ensured auto-lift and auto-blip were enabled in-game: https://streamable.com/5t6nxf

Let me know any info you need from me.
And huge thanks for bearing with me!
You've got auto clutch turned on. That's the issue. With this car you can disable it as well as auto blip and auto lift in the assists. These settings are for when automatic shifting is enabled in the assists.

As for the car not throttle blipping then there can be 2 reasons. 1. You're driving the wrong 412t2 (remember there are two). And 2. When you packed the data cm packed the wrong data. Let me explain. If you go to the car folder you may have a data folder. This is an unpacked data.acd.if you unpack again, the new unpacked data will be saved to a new folder called data-1 or data - 2 depending how many times you do it. But and here's the important part. If you click pack data it will only pack the folder named data. If you've made changes to a data-1 folder for example, you must delete or move the data folder, rename data-1 to data and then hit repack.

But please first do check you're running the right car. In the past I've made the sound and loaded up the wrong car wondering why my changes weren't there. Easy mistake to make. If you edited alesi, make sure you drive alesi lol. And also uncheck the above mentioned assists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back