F1 | Pretty In Pink - Racing Point Reveal The RP20

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Racing Point are the latest team to reveal their new Formula One car, showing off the pink liveried RP20 at team sponsor headquarters in Austria.

Presenting a mildly updated design to that the team have sported since 2017, the BWT Racing Point Mercedes team today displayed their new Formula One machine to the public, just two days in advance of pre-season testing begging at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain on Wednesday.

Racing Point 3.jpg

Alongside the new car reveal, Racing Point have also confirmed long time partner BWT have signed up for primary title sponsor this season - the last year before the squad become the official Aston Martin Formula One team, adding further funding and stability to a team rebuilding on their way back to the front of an incredibly tight midfield battle.

Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez will once again performing driving duties for the outfit in 2020.

Original Source: Racing Point F1

Get yourself over to the Formula One Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment if you want to learn more about the world of Grand Prix racing with our awesome motorsport community.

Racing Point 1.jpg
Racing Point 2.jpg

Here is last year's car for comparison. Besides the size and angle of the BWT logo, the big differences are the dark blue on the airbox, rear wing and front wing; and the grey and dark pink around the sidepod inlets and down the nose.

I think the new livery is more cohesize and a big improvement over the clashing colors of the 2019 livery
View attachment 350424

Pappa_G_27

AU Racing Club Staff
By far the best Force India/Racing Point pink livery of the lot. Love the diagonal BWT and how it incorporates in with the white and darker pink.

I can't say I like it, because I hate pink on everything, not just on race cars, but at least it's better than last year.

Of course, the problem with every single car this season, and the seasons before, is the wheelbase. Modern F1 cars are just too long. I know it's all in the name of safety, but it looks awful.

Look at this one, in comparison:

1581990854399.png

Not a big change, but still very decent I think. They get major bonus points from me from being so intentionally different with the pink. This is going to be a really attractive field of cars I think - looking forward to seeing them in action, should really "pop" on TV.

The new nose looks better than the old nostril design. And the way they followed trend and moved the sidepod intake back behind the side protection beam shows that they invested time and money towards this year's car instead of small refinements. I hope these changes pay off for them

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 82 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.8%
  • €3001-5000