rF2 F1 MMG @ Interlagos - Sunday 23 November 2008 (71 laps)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Start 1: Some muppet was too slow getting to the grid so my engine blew like many others. :p

Start 2: The guy in front decided not to use launch control so I had to duck around him then spun for putting on the power so i'm not happy about that even when everyone was reminded.

Then it went like normal, had a bit of pace and was 3rd but had to pit after touching the wall and spun a few more times then lost it again, on the grass and engine ****ing blows.

Thanks to Patrick for setting this up. I love this track!

Unfortunately, rFactor locked up about 50 or so laps into my race. Thought it had totally locked up my pc, but was finally able to do an End Task on rFactor. I wonder is there is something about the Interlagos track that is a problem. I've never had rFactor lock up before, but have had it 2x at this track....

Restart. I would have been ok, without a restart, but I could see that people's engines were blowing up. Mine was close, but managed to squeek through. I think people (including me) aren't quite used to the formation lap, so this was good training. You really can't dilly dally around on the grid or the engine is going to overheat and blow. I like the formation lap and full flags rules though. More real...

Race. I messed up and forgot that the starting fuel couldn't be changed in parce ferme. Was thinking that it was subsequent pit stops, so I ended upe with a 2 pit stop strategy when I was orginally going to do 1. I was running pretty good, until lap 50-60 anyway, when rFactor locked up on me and there wasn't anything I could do except End Task. I hate not finishing races. Grrr...

Thanks for the race guys, it was fun while it lasted. See you the next time!

• Andrew Evans

oh yeah - meant to mention the fact that formation lap and full flags is deffo the cool! :D

(also, my rf crashed on this track at the start of prac - never happened in rf before)

Start one was ok apart from all of the overheating engines and I was in first place at the end of the first lap, but a restart was the best thing to do under the circumstances, start two I hit the wall despite using launch control and lost my front wing so I was playing catch up from then on but I eventually caught up with Gary in 2nd place but we had a coming together and I finished in 3rd, was pleased that I finished the whole race alongside Ingemar and gary

First, congratulations Ingemar for winning the race.:victory:

Quite pleased with qualifying in sixth position but nearly blew my engine at the start of the race due to overheating. Got away okay and found myself in second place until a restart was called.

Got damage in the second start running over Martins detached front wing but it was only minor and I was able to drive ok till my first pit stop for repairs. The race settled down and I found myself in second place where I stayed till the end. Almost lost a place with five laps to go when I spun and in my eagerness to recover I had a collision with Martin (My fault m8). Fortunately we were able to cross the line in second and third place.

Thanks to Pat for a really good event.:clap:

start 2: guy in front doesn't even get away on formation and i haveta reverse.... then i'm playing catch up on the rest of the field... managed to spin it coming up the hill to my pitbox... ian comes flying round the corner, clips me and promptly re-enacts alonso 2003... so sorry dude...

No Probs mate, it was just to late for me to stop when i come round the corner and you was there!:)

Had a great time , for the first time i felt that the car did what i wanted and not the other way... :) . Never quali so high up in this mod. And then the race was really good and fun :)
Thx a lot for good sunday evening to you all!!!
:)
OOO AND A BIG CHUNK OF LUCK when Patrick and Daniel left ....:)

If someone who finished the race sends me a log file I can generate the stats and upload. I didn't finished the race so the stats are incomlete...

C:\Programme\rFactor\UserData\LOG\Results

should be some .xml files

:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back