F1 | Kubica Secures Reserve Role With Rebranded Alfa Romeo Squad

You can’t make a statement like that and not back it up with facts - it’s meaningless without details. If you’re not prepared to elaborate, you shouldn’t have said anything.
I consider who am I talking to, and see ignorant people who are fixed to their pre-fabricated belief, so what's the point to elaborate? You bunch either want to troll, provocate, or just believe stuff made up by press officers (oh so true).

Stoffel Vandoorne also was no slouch... In fact a very good driver, who's F1 career was destroyed by the team.
Another example is Pierre Gasly in RB, Mark Webber...... I really am fed up with the politics in F1.

If the field were given a test in the same car, you'd end up with your eyebrows raised.

If you're hating on Robert, you just can't call yourself a good human being, could ya?

I don't know why some people have problem with Robert and Orlen. Orlen doesn't spend their money just for fun, because it's business. Here in Poland, everyone knows Robert, no matter they are interrested in motorsport or not. And he's very valuable for them, they earn big money because of his sponsorship. Orlen also wants to be more recognisable in other countries, because they have subsidiaries in Canada and Germany for example. That's the point. They wanted stay in F1, with RK or without him.

Robert is unfortunately limited physically but he still has a place in the F1 sport. Even this new position is something. It is not a small role in a team. Any of us is able to be in his place? No. At his age, it's hard to stay in a f1 team, he does it with humility and passion. He's a real professional driver above all.

I don't know why some people have problem with Robert and Orlen. Orlen doesn't spend their money just for fun, because it's business. Here in Poland, everyone knows Robert, no matter they are interrested in motorsport or not. And he's very valuable for them, they earn big money because of his sponsorship. Orlen also wants to be more recognisable in other countries, because they have subsidiaries in Canada and Germany for example. That's the point. They wanted stay in F1, with RK or without him.

I think every F1 fan wanted Robert to come back to F1 & do well but his performance against Russell was poor.
Robert is clearly not the same driver that was talked about as an equal of Hamilton & Vettel before his accident.Now he is an ageing pay driver that is well off the pace.Imagine an NFL or English Premier League Football player having a personal sponsor that paid a team £1 million for him to train with the team if the player belonged in a league about 3 or4 below?

At times last year he may have not had the latest parts on the car but Williams could look at all the data & see that George Russell was faster so why would they waste resources for Robert to be 1 sec slower than Russell?

I dont know the details of Orlens deal with Kubica but would they not be better spending some of the money devloping young driver talent from Poland with Robert consulting similar to the Elf,Marlboro or Red Bull programmes?

Robert is unfortunately limited physically but he still has a place in the F1 sport. Even this new position is something. It is not a small role in a team. Any of us is able to be in his place? No. At his age, it's hard to stay in a f1 team, he does it with humility and passion. He's a real professional driver above all.

No he does it because of his sponsor. 'Alfa' would not of looked twice at him without Orlen..

Branding sponsorship just for a reserved driver seems too much however this is pure business, nothing to criticize. Amuway F1 itself is above all, a business. Competition comes second. Think about a ..... no I stop here. Pole fanboys are so powerful

No F1 team is dumb enough to spend the kind of money they do on entry fees, simply to 'gimp' a driver. The driver showing the most promise may get a few development parts, but maximum Constructor's points are always the driving force. That comes with getting both cars as high up the order as they can.

No F1 team is dumb enough to spend the kind of money they do on entry fees, simply to 'gimp' a driver. The driver showing the most promise may get a few development parts, but maximum Constructor's points are always the driving force. That comes with getting both cars as high up the order as they can.
You are wrong. Most teams select a number 1 driver and that driver gets more support.
The other driver is not 'gimped'. He is simply working for the 1 st driver.

You are wrong. Most teams select a number 1 driver and that driver gets more support.
The other driver is not 'gimped'. He is simply working for the 1 st driver.
Nobody ever disputed that one driver can sometimes play a number two role.
What some of you seem to be suggesting, is that Williams deliberately scuttled Robert's return.
That's just nonsense.
Do you have any idea how much money it cost teams every year, as an entry fee?
These people are here to make money.
That's the number one objective.

Especially a team that's hanging at the rear end of the pack, focuses its resources on one car.

Someone asked me to elaborate. So as a matter of fact, RK had to use a chassis that had multiple the mileage of the other one. For a good half of the season. How's that for a fair chance?
Throughout the whole season (not including two GP weekends), the car was making regress from FP1 to FP3.

Let that sink in. On a regular basis, the car was getting worse from practice 1 to practice 3, despite track rubbering in.

Even an amateur driver is able to improve times, purely because the track's surface progresses throughout the weekend. Surprisingly, this was not the case with RK car.

Say what you want, the facts defend themselves.

Last edited:
What some of you seem to be suggesting, is that Williams deliberately scuttled Robert's return.
That's just nonsense.

I agree in that Williams were paid by Orlen a huge amount for Robert, why would Williams then risk Orlen taking them to court by borking Robert?

What I found was distasteful Claire Williams saying how they gave Robert a chance despite his disability, no Claire all you cared about was Orlens money....

Williams will stick anyone in that Williams for cash. I mean even Russel is part of a deal with Merc.... hence why they kept letting him out in a Merc to prove its just the car that was crud...
Russel in Bottas's seat would of been in the top 5 easily in 2019....

I agree in that Williams were paid by Orlen a huge amount for Robert, why would Williams then risk Orlen taking them to court by borking Robert?
They kinda did that in 2018 with Sirotkin. SMP didn't pay the full money to Williams sponsorship, and they (SMP of course) weren't happy with team results. Boris Rotenberg of SMP said that he had enough with Williams.

Remember that Robert had to wait to get his own steering wheel for like half a season, and then... It wasn't exactly what he wanted. Recently in BMW he get a personalized steering wheel for simulator and the actual car, yet they still didn't sign a contract. Lately Williams is a joke in terms of such a legendary F1 team.

That's just nonsense.
That money has been saved by using parts by up to 3 times longer than they were designed to.
The whole year, they were saving more, than they were pushing.

From yesterday's Swiss' Blick Article:

"Ich blieb das ganze Jahr dem Team gegenüber loyal. Doch das Auto war eine Fehlkonstruktion. Da war auch im Simulator nichts zu machen. Und wer kein Vertrauen ins Auto hat der riskiert weniger. So einfach ist das."

Transl to English:

"The whole year, I've stayed loyal to the team. But the car was a faulty construction. There was nothing to do in the simulator. And one who has no trust in the car, doesn't risk as much. As simple as that."

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back