Alright when was that again.....?

Calm down guys, it is only first practice session. Every normal racing fan knows that most (not all) of it in F1 is from car. Nothing new to see from this. I hope Russell was on same settings as Bottas, then there is hope for future.

Last edited:
That was a good session for George, clearly Bottas was not happy with the set up so come FP2 it may change.

George does seems to be sitting very tall in the car.

Last edited:
George gave a good showing there, hoping he can keep it up.

Expected better from Force India, not surprised seeing McLaren down the order so far.

Last edited:
Calm down guys, it is only first practice session. Every normal racing fan knows that most (not all) of it in F1 is from car. Nothing new to see from this. I hope Russell was on same settings as Bottas, then there is hope for future.
Both cars on same settings according to Toto.
I like the track more than I thought I would, trickier than it looks.

Very thoughtful outlook. I'm not sure why we'd be surprised Merc is setting the pace on the mother of all power tracks. P1 doesn't tell us enough to get the whole picture, but Russell is obviously comfortable right now. Some circuits (like this one) are more "all about the car" than others, but F1 is the story of dominant machinery. I was eight years old when McLaren's Honda dominated and bored out of my flippin' mind. This is nothing new.

What a mess. F2 Quali.

Micks fault at the end, you could feel his frustration. I dont get why so many people, who werent on a fast lap, didnt let fast drivers through. Shwartzman was also impeded massively and I am sure many others have been, too.

On the other hand half the track was empty. Thats just a bad atrategy by many teams...

Good job done by George today.
This kid deserves a good car.
I suspect he will do very well come race day.
Guys who spend most of their time manhandling bad cars tend to do very well when placed in a properly sorted one.
It is almost as if they have extra 'free' time from not having to constantly 'saw' at the wheel.
They are then finally able to fully concentrate on driving the thing properly.

Last edited:
Lap traffic will play a huge role in the outcome. In fp1 there was about 2.5 seconds worst to first. With a race of 89 laps thats about 4 laps by the end

Last edited:
What it shows is that in 5 days Russell has become the fastest guy on track in a session....something he could only of dreamed about in the Williams....

So it clearly shows that the Merc can elevate you from the back to the sharp end.

Latifi based on this could be top 5 in the Merc....

Imagine where Max would be in the Merc, or Dani Ric, or Vettel or LeClerc....or Lando

Russell has been no where for 2 seasons, no where. Brave yes, out performing his car yes..but no podiums..

Lewis could not get a podium in the Williams...how can anyone seriously say that it isn't about the car?

Any point this season Russell could of been in that Merc and getting podiums....
How is he going to go back to the Williams after this?
Soul destroying....

Wow, it seems like a long time ago now when lance stroll was the best driver in f1 for going 4 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else in a slow car :confused:

Last edited:
Poor Aitken and Fittipaldi... they struggle with their poor cars... when George is on a cloud of bliss... Damn, give them all a top Merc and let see who's the best pilot! Will George pull a Trump at the end of his time with Mercedes? " no, I stay in the cockpit... I will never go back to Williams!!"

Last edited:
Very thoughtful outlook. I'm not sure why we'd be surprised Merc is setting the pace on the mother of all power tracks. P1 doesn't tell us enough to get the whole picture, but Russell is obviously comfortable right now. Some circuits (like this one) are more "all about the car" than others, but F1 is the story of dominant machinery. I was eight years old when McLaren's Honda dominated and bored out of my flippin' mind. This is nothing new.

George probably drove the track in Assetto Corsa before. ;)

Poor Aitken and Fitipaldi... they struggle with their poor cars... when George is on a cloud of bliss... Damn, give them all a top Merc and let see who's the best pilot!
George probably drove the track in Assetto Corsa before. ;)
or F12019... the last official esport races for the f1 pilots during last summer, he was driving like a maniac cutting nearly all corners to finish first... ;-)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back