F1 German Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
German Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment 2018 German Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

Rain, overtakes, comebacks, crashes and confusion - the 2018 German Grand Prix had it all, but who do you think handled the conditions best this Sunday afternoon?

German came back to Formula One with a bang this weekend, vote and comment now about your 'Driver of the Day' during this excellent Grand Prix...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

there is no way. I support Ferrari but Hamilton today shows to everyone the difference between a champion and a good driver that could win only with some newey supercars

Hamilton just followed the call to pit, not in anyway downplay the effort he did in this race. If the thread asks for the team of the day, merc might come up as well but that's where you insert the argument of his canceled pit stop.

People are going to say this race was good because it rained a bit but watching a car that's two seconds faster with DRS to overtake be let past by 10 cars then celebrating it as a great race is just people trying to like current year F1 when it's obviously not even a race anymore. No I don't count the midfield because it's meant to be the pinnacle of Motorsport not a race for 5th place. I'm pretty sure there was one real overtake in the top 4 the whole race.

Plus the team orders by both team's why don't they just rename them team Hamilton and team vettel at this point why even have two drivers in a team anymore.

People are going to say this race was good because it rained a bit but watching a car that's two seconds faster with DRS to overtake be let past by 10 cars then celebrating it as a great race is just people trying to like current year F1 when it's obviously not even a race anymore. No I don't count the midfield because it's meant to be the pinnacle of Motorsport not a race for 5th place. I'm pretty sure there was one real overtake in the top 4 the whole race.

Plus the team orders by both team's why don't they just rename them team Hamilton and team vettel at this point why even have two drivers in a team anymore.

They let Bottas and Lewis have one lap of racing before they chilled them out.

LH tyres were older, but VB did say that after one lap or so back to race speed (older tyre takes longer to get temperature) the difference between tyres would be a lot less, and therefore accepted the decision. Not a big deal.
VB is driving very well this year - much better than 2017.

That made it even more anti-climatic knowing he could have done the overtake. It's like watching 50M of the 100M then shooting the second place runner in the knees.

He is not the born killer / overtaker like vettel, MV, LH or DR. His opportunity was in the first few corners or not at all.

I'm also curious as to when the drivers decide to put the hammer down when the safety car is coming in. Both Lewis and Valteiri went at the same time, very much left Kimi behind. So I wonder if during the race weekend if it's discussed at the team level?

I'm also curious as to when the drivers decide to put the hammer down when the safety car is coming in. Both Lewis and Valteiri went at the same time, very much left Kimi behind. So I wonder if during the race weekend if it's discussed at the team level?

Maybe but even as a big kimi fan he obviously has a slower reaction time now or he just loses interest halfway through the race.

I guess there is the rule book.....
FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix L, Chapter 4, Article 4 d) states: "Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the pit entry and the track by a car entering the pit lane is prohibited."
......and then there is the Mercedes rule book. Unbelievable.

I'm going to say something I've mentioned before. Anyone of the top 4 or even 6 will never get my vote unless they come from 2 laps down with no pass around. The cars parted like the sea for Moses when the top guys came through especially the guys with the same engine. I know they are a second or 2 quicker but come on folks what is brilliant about being that much faster and 3 DRS zones?

Hamilton was gifted the win and violated the rule book in the process. And just for the record I'm not a Vettel fan either.

I guess there is the rule book.....
FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix L, Chapter 4, Article 4 d) states: "Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the pit entry and the track by a car entering the pit lane is prohibited."
......and then there is the Mercedes rule book. Unbelievable.
I'm going to say something I've mentioned before. Anyone of the top 4 or even 6 will never get my vote unless they come from 2 laps down with no pass around. The cars parted like the sea for Moses when the top guys came through especially the guys with the same engine. I know they are a second or 2 quicker but come on folks what is brilliant about being that much faster and 3 DRS zones?
Hamilton was gifted the win and violated the rule book in the process. And just for the record I'm not a Vettel fan either.
There's something in what you're saying. Voted for Ham, still. :D
I mean c'mon... penalty on or off that was one great drive.
Brendon Hartley is such a cutie pie.
images
:rolleyes:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%