F1 German Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

People are going to say this race was good because it rained a bit but watching a car that's two seconds faster with DRS to overtake be let past by 10 cars then celebrating it as a great race is just people trying to like current year F1 when it's obviously not even a race anymore. No I don't count the midfield because it's meant to be the pinnacle of Motorsport not a race for 5th place. I'm pretty sure there was one real overtake in the top 4 the whole race.

Plus the team orders by both team's why don't they just rename them team Hamilton and team vettel at this point why even have two drivers in a team anymore.

How much a lap faster were some of Schumacher's cars, what about Vettle in previous RedBulls, Mansell in the 92 Willaims or Prost in the 93 car. What about Senna & Prost in the 1998 Mclaren or Button in the Brawn.

Many years have had quite dominant cars.
If you don't find it interesting this year, even though clearly several teams are close in performance in having rivals up/down the grid then maybe best to do yourself a favor and maybe stop watching it.

I watched the race with family and it entertained us lot with everything that happened. I seen plenty of good racing by several drivers throughout the field.

Certainly has been a good season so far but of course, not everyone will agree.

Last edited:
How much a lap faster were some of Schumacher's cars, what about Vettle in previous RedBulls, Mansell in the 92 Willaims or Prost in the 93 car. What about Senna & Prost in the 1998 Mclaren or Button in the Brawn.

Many years have had quite dominant cars.
If you don't find it interesting this year, even though clearly several teams are close in performance in having rivals up/down the grid then maybe best to do yourself a favor and maybe stop watching it.

I watched the race with family and it entertained us lot with everything that happened. I seen plenty of good racing by several drivers throughout the field.

Certainly has been a good season so far but of course, not everyone will agree.

Settling for mediocrity is dumb I've heard this argument a million times "X season had a good car so somehow modern F1 isn't boring" At least all the seasons you listed correctly had more interesting cars. Also did you watch any of those seasons because even though they had a good car they where still wayy better than 2018. In2009 the brawn wasn't any good after halfway through the season so I have no clue what your on. Schumacher had close seasons in 2000 2001 & 2003 and even then the viewing figures dropped so they clanged the rules up so he would lose. Senna and prost in *1988* I assume was a very good season much like 2016 even tho nico wasn't as good as senna or prost.

These car's literally can't follow each other or overtake without a huge advantage how can that be exciting racing, if F1 is so great why are they changing the rules ? Why has the past 8 years been dominated by 2 teams winning consecutive championships ?

Yea tho how about I just stop watching and don't voice my opinions because you like the sport as it is right now, not as if I'll be able to watch when the sport leaves free to air. What a great point spoken like a true F1 fan.

I guess there is the rule book.....
FIA International Sporting Code, Appendix L, Chapter 4, Article 4 d) states: "Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the pit entry and the track by a car entering the pit lane is prohibited."
......and then there is the Mercedes rule book. Unbelievable.

I'm going to say something I've mentioned before. Anyone of the top 4 or even 6 will never get my vote unless they come from 2 laps down with no pass around. The cars parted like the sea for Moses when the top guys came through especially the guys with the same engine. I know they are a second or 2 quicker but come on folks what is brilliant about being that much faster and 3 DRS zones?

Hamilton was gifted the win and violated the rule book in the process. And just for the record I'm not a Vettel fan either.
What about Hamilton matching pace with Ferrari on much older tyres? What about seeing his call on not pitting as a masterstroke? What about the way he was so much faster than anyone else on slick tyres in wet conditions? Not being a fan of him changes absolutely nothing about the fact that he is the most talented on the grid, imo nobody else pulls off that win in the same conditions he has a killer instinct.

What about Hamilton matching pace with Ferrari on much older tyres? What about seeing his call on not pitting as a masterstroke? What about the way he was so much faster than anyone else on slick tyres in wet conditions? Not being a fan of him changes absolutely nothing about the fact that he is the most talented on the grid, imo nobody else pulls off that win in the same conditions he has a killer instinct.
1) Matching the pace says about Mercedes, as they are not that bad on Soft/Medium tyres. Also while going through the field, Hamilton didn't have to be aggressive on braking since his car was much faster, thus not wearing out tyres. You can see by his pace in first stint that he didn't use tyres at all. So they were in much better shape then watching just number of laps they were on. On the other side, Kimi was leading Ferrari in 2nd stint, with tyres that he pushed early to undercut Bottas. And pushing early we saw what it does to your tyres (Austria)
2) "Masterstroke" call came from pitwall, not from Lewis.
3) He is a great driver on wet + best tyres of all
I'm not his fan, but I'm not the hater either. O consider him one of the best that we can watch at the same time. But still, in these conditions with that car, there are other drivers on the grid that would also got the win
As for penalty, I don't like them, I wouldn't give it here, but I wouldn't give it to Kimi in 2016 neither. There, the problem is only with FIA.

Settling for mediocrity is dumb I've heard this argument a million times "X season had a good car so somehow modern F1 isn't boring" At least all the seasons you listed correctly had more interesting cars. Also did you watch any of those seasons because even though they had a good car they where still wayy better than 2018. In2009 the brawn wasn't any good after halfway through the season so I have no clue what your on. Schumacher had close seasons in 2000 2001 & 2003 and even then the viewing figures dropped so they clanged the rules up so he would lose. Senna and prost in *1988* I assume was a very good season much like 2016 even tho nico wasn't as good as senna or prost.

These car's literally can't follow each other or overtake without a huge advantage how can that be exciting racing, if F1 is so great why are they changing the rules ? Why has the past 8 years been dominated by 2 teams winning consecutive championships ?

Yea tho how about I just stop watching and don't voice my opinions because you like the sport as it is right now, not as if I'll be able to watch when the sport leaves free to air. What a great point spoken like a true F1 fan.

Hold on, did I say "I like the sport as it is right now"
Yet you state this as if I said such. I made references that are accurate in that many seasons had "teams" with predominate cars and of those "teams" referred to the key drivers. Many seasons would not of had more than 2-3 teams having much chance of winning the season.

This past race was not bad race (cant say this for all) from an entertainment perspective with the drama of what happened and the fact that Lewis drove remarkable well. Does this mean I enjoy fully the way the sport is, no but I cant do much about that just like I cant do much about Hamilitons dreadful hair. :)

If anything I enjoyed years like 1993 seeing Senna in a less capable car taking it to Prost and the rivalry they had. Yet I do find the team battles over the whole grid interesting, not just who wins the race.

Im sorry if I found it rather enjoyable to watch given how the sport currently is and (if) you only want to focus on things to moan about. I see this being an interesting season and Ferrari taking it more to Mercedes is quite fascinating just as is RedBull having won already 3 races this season.

Last edited:
Hamilton - without a doubt a masterclass performance in rainy conditions but one thing puzzles me a bit... what happened with Max masterful performances in rain (like that stunning show in Brazil a few years back) ? What a hell... did he forgot to drive in rain,:cautious: or was he more mature now - equals being more cautious ? :sneaky:

1) Matching the pace says about Mercedes, as they are not that bad on Soft/Medium tyres. Also while going through the field, Hamilton didn't have to be aggressive on braking since his car was much faster, thus not wearing out tyres. You can see by his pace in first stint that he didn't use tyres at all. So they were in much better shape then watching just number of laps they were on. On the other side, Kimi was leading Ferrari in 2nd stint, with tyres that he pushed early to undercut Bottas. And pushing early we saw what it does to your tyres (Austria)
2) "Masterstroke" call came from pitwall, not from Lewis.
3) He is a great driver on wet + best tyres of all
I'm not his fan, but I'm not the hater either. O consider him one of the best that we can watch at the same time. But still, in these conditions with that car, there are other drivers on the grid that would also got the win
As for penalty, I don't like them, I wouldn't give it here, but I wouldn't give it to Kimi in 2016 neither. There, the problem is only with FIA.
Hamilton proves time and time agIn he is never out of the race, i really think dismissing 14th to 1st as though it wasnt a special drive is plain rediculous and just completely shows your bias in a frankly embarrassing light. There is a reason he is a 4 time world champion and had it not been for reliability easly would have whooped Nico for a 5th. You are witnessing very probably the GOAT.

S
Are you referring to Max too ?
Btw, like your nick (Patton is true legend:inlove:) and :D avatar too.
Sorry, yea, Max i feel got screwed over by the wrong tyre choice. Im pretty sure he can still fly in the wet! And yea love Mike Patton, seriously your a sim racing fab and a patton fan i would enjoy a beer with u!

Hamilton proves time and time agIn he is never out of the race, i really think dismissing 14th to 1st as though it wasnt a special drive is plain rediculous and just completely shows your bias in a frankly embarrassing light. There is a reason he is a 4 time world champion and had it not been for reliability easly would have whooped Nico for a 5th. You are witnessing very probably the GOAT.
Have you read my comment? I didn't say he was gifted the win. But it was not "out of this world" performance either. And he himself had some much better races. Anyway, he deserved to win yesterday, but if it was Vettel, Bottas or Kimi, ti would be also deserved.
As for GOAT, I don't like comparing different era drivers. Top 10 list for now is enough but it will become crowded in future. In any case, he will be part of that list for sure. :thumbsup:

What about Hamilton matching pace with Ferrari on much older tyres?

Vettel was saving his tyres. Whenever Bottas started to catch him, he speeded up to recover the gap.

What about seeing his call on not pitting as a masterstroke?

As has already been stated, that was a call from the pitwall - Hamilton was just doing what he was told.

What about the way he was so much faster than anyone else on slick tyres in wet conditions?

He had new ultrasofts (fitted just as the rain was starting), that, and the fact he was in a Mercedes, was why he was faster than everyone else.

Hamilton's win was probably down to the strategy more than his driving. He didn't really have to fight for any overtakes - cars just moved out of his way. I like to see drivers win on merit and telling Bottas not to try to overtake him just takes the shine off his win for me.

He plays by a different set of rules. This has always been the case. No matter that his violation had a major impact on the outcome of the race. There will be no penalty.
It’s like cycling...Team Sky has a lot of money and Froome is not penalised... The ‘power’ of the big teams in sport.

Vettel was saving his tyres. Whenever Bottas started to catch him, he speeded up to recover the gap.

As has already been stated, that was a call from the pitwall - Hamilton was just doing what he was told.

He had new ultrasofts (fitted just as the rain was starting), that, and the fact he was in a Mercedes, was why he was faster than everyone else.

Hamilton's win was probably down to the strategy more than his driving. He didn't really have to fight for any overtakes - cars just moved out of his way. I like to see drivers win on merit and telling Bottas not to try to overtake him just takes the shine off his win for me.

1 according to you
2 your completely wrong
3 he's proven time and time again to be awesome in adverse conditions unlike Vettle...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back