F1: First Lap of Vietnamese Grand Prix Hanoi Circuit

Another irrelevant circuit in another irrelevant nation as far as Motor Racing is concerned.
Vietnam is a nation that should be spending money on their own people, not dropping it into an already overstuffed corporate slush fund.
The FIA and Effwun in general are out of control, this is another in a very long line of bad decisions made for the sake of profit.
:poop:

lets wait and see what the gp will be like and then we will be able to criticize it.. people said the same **** when baku appeared (oh look only 90 corners and a big straight, boring races incoming!!) and except 2016, i think it was great races, always something happening there

Some really long tight corners. Just like Shanghai.
Some really stupid-long straights. Just like Baku.
Some annoying endless esses that offer no overtaking chances. Just like COTA.

I don't really care about where the race is located. What I don't understand is why F1 has moved so far away from the style that the driver's call "classic" and "favorite" tracks. Suzuka. Spielberg. Silverstone. Just once I'd like to see them go back to something really great, and really simple, like Pedralbes, Nivelles, Anderstorp.

So, which devil has a contract with Tilke? I really can't believe someone so boring, butchering everything track he lay his fingers, can be that solicited by F1. Oh, well. Just another brick at emasculating what once was a extremely male sports category.

lets wait and see what the gp will be like and then we will be able to criticize it.. people said the same **** when baku appeared (oh look only 90 corners and a big straight, boring races incoming!!) and except 2016, i think it was great races, always something happening there
IMO, Baku is also terrible. People like it because it's absolute chaos, but the track only has two real passing zones (both 90 degree turns after straights) and is just as boring as this.

Am I the only who thinks that this is going to be a really boring race? Tilke’s designs are so predictable. Really long (too long) straights for DRS and a bunch of fast chicanes.

There are so many great tracks where F1 could put on a great show and instead, they go to places with no motorsports tradition whatsoever and build these pointless tracks. Remember the Korean GP? The Indian GP? Neither do I.

Remember the Korean GP? The Indian GP? Neither do I.
Not only those steaming piles of dukey I remember but I also remember these Long Beach, Phoenix, Detroit and the biggest POD of em, all Las Vegas.The F1 calendar may include 19, 20 or whatever it is now, races but I could count on one hand the ones I would even consider watching at this point.

Not only those steaming piles of dukey I remember but I also remember these Long Beach, Phoenix, Detroit and the biggest POD of em, all Las Vegas.The F1 calendar may include 19, 20 or whatever it is now, races but I could count on one hand the ones I would even consider watching at this point.

I agree with what you wrote, except for Long Beach, which was a great track (the 70's layout). But you're right about Phoenix, Detroit, Vegas and let's not forget Dallas, with the cement being ripped off the track by the tyres.

My dream is to see F1 go to Elkhart Lake. Now, that would be a great show!

Reactions: DND
All of the tracks Tilke design lack close racing and all have to consist of tight sections followed by a 300km straight, and this is another example. Also doesn't help that it is another street circuit that isn't even fully on the streets. Will probably turn out to be another Sochi or Valencia in my opinion, hope I am wrong ;).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.