F1: First Lap of Vietnamese Grand Prix Hanoi Circuit

Looks a bit dangerous, hope nobody gets hurt..
You read my mind.
I'm starting to see an alarming trend in all these new circuits which I dislike immensely...no run-off area.
The designer is becoming complacent because we haven't seen anybody 'clout' one of those walls head-on in a while.
The track flow itself is okay but you still have to take into consideration the fact that these cars are faster. Any wheel-to-wheel contact has the potential to launch them farther without the benefit of run-off to slow the car before possibly contacting the wall or worst...the catch fence.
Hard to believe all the lobbying by Jackie Stewart and others for safety in the past, is now being negated by this trend.

Last edited:
The track is okay and, in contrast to other street courses, very fast.
But one thing boggle my mind: Singapur, Valencia, Baku and now
Hanoi, all modern streetcourses designed by Mr. Tilke without run off
but with walls all over the place.
I mean i like it but how was that with "safety first, modern tracks
are needing HUGE parking lot-like run off areas and a "special" design
to fullfil the requirements for F1 nowadays"???
This is showing us that all this talking about why modern tracks have to
look like how they look, was not much more than a ridiculous bad joke
in my opinion.

I'm glad Perez and Ocon won't be sharing the same piece of tarmac round here. Those straights at those speeds they'd make a hell of a mess. Having said that, it is rather meh... except for one section.
I have bad news for you dude. The race at this track is next year. Ocon will almost certainly have a seat somewhere on the grid. And we know Perez ain’t going anywhere.

I apologize upfront. I should have ignored this thread and posted straight to RANT. Complete garbage.

Edit: f F1

Those watch towers at the sides of the first few turns

cdf90c9774d622869c0124e91c31d13b.jpg

It looks very interesting and nice circuit, I don't get why people don't like it. Lots of places for overtakes and many difficult parts. I am a bit concerned about safety like Niki Gauda said, but they most likely will add runoff areas. Baku has them in almost every corner now.

No real elevation changes, no new corner combinations but walls everywhere. Looks like a boring layout with high chances of being injured, just imagine a car take of there....

Tilke seems to be the last one to buy and use the F1 mods “made“ by ACFL...

It's not ACFL in the video though, it's the RSS Formula Hybrid 2018.

That being said, this is definitely not one of my favourite tracks, but I've also seen worse. It's nice to see a street circuit that's more than just 90-degree turns, and I do like the 3rd sector.

Last edited:
I haven't watched a lot of Formula E. Something about it just feels off to me - partly, I think it's the fact that the cars seem to be driving along a "tunnel" of barriers the whole time. This track has that same feel...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back