F1: First Lap of Vietnamese Grand Prix Hanoi Circuit

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The first official footage of the new for 2020 Hanoi Grand Prix Circuit has been revealed by track designers Tilke GmbH.

Published via Motorsport-Magazin recently, Tilke GmbH have apparently made the move to racing simulations in order to create a virtual version of their future track designs, a move towards helping the now rather famous track design company to better understand the effects of their designs on the racing spectacle prior to the track being built in the real world.

Now to be honest, Tilke are a little behind the sim racing community, as we've already had a virtual mod version of the track being released some five months ago (link here), and its certainly an interesting exercise to see how the two versions differ.

So now we finally have an "official" version of the track - what are your thoughts?

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

First corner will be disaster in the sims :D ...another "close" track, there is no "freedom" in this type of circuits imo. Maybe I am wrong, but missing high speed corners like Parabolica in Monza.

I'm glad Perez and Ocon won't be sharing the same piece of tarmac round here. Those straights at those speeds they'd make a hell of a mess. Having said that, it is rather meh... except for one section.

RasmusP

Premium
Why exactly do they release an official trailer and use the onboard camera with an AI driver that does weird steering movements all the time?

Honestly, couldn't watch the whole video. The circuit, for the most part, looks boring as hell, some very loooooooong straights which will only separate the faster cars from the slower ones, no exciting corners apart from that first roundabout... Do we really need this in F1?
IMHO this ain't making the sport more exciting for the fans, they doing the exact oposite. I, at least, prefer an old "real" circuit rather than these Tilkedromes.

Looks dreadful. If it's being constructed outside of the city, why do there need to be walls on both sides everywhere? Another track with no unique places, no memorable landmarks or sectors.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000