F1: First Grid Penalty of the Year Award - Daniel Ricciardo

Guys did you watch the this video?:

The New 2018 F1 Theme by Brian Tyler

f1 theme music , what do you think about it?
I personally don't like it. Its feels to me there is no weight to it. it sounds light and bouncy. But then again its probably musical preference. Its not for me.

These grid penalty rules are a joke imo, having a timed delta to return to the pits under a red flag is just so ridiculous. If they must give a penalty maybe a financial one would be more appropriate.

As a flag marshal for CAMS who are affiliated with the FIA we are trained to the following rules.

When there is debris on track and marshals are on track cleaning it up, 2 yellow flags are waved simultaneously prior to the sector that is being cleaned, this alerts the drivers to slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary. Due the debris being on the start finish straight Daniel would never of approached that flag zone.
Under a red flag the drivers must return to the pits as quickly and safely as possible as all activity on-track is suspended till further notice, the delta rule is a contradiction of this basic red flag rule, as it states as "quickly & safely" as possible. Maybe the CAMS ruling is different to F1.

• Deleted member 6919

VSC neutralizes the race..yeh right, abit of a false result, good to see Mclaren back up and running, and omg Haas must feel sick..

The HAAS penalty is another outstanding example of race control stupidity! So the criterion for this decision was based on members of the crew appearing to be agitated.
:poop:
Quote:"The Haas Formula 1 team has been fined €10,000 for the unsafe pit releases that led to Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean's Australian Grand Prix retirements.
Magnussen and Grosjean were running fourth and fifth in Melbourne prior to the first pitstops, having shared the third row of the grid, but both cars retired on their out-laps.
Though no official reason for the retirements has been given, the FIA stewards have ruled that both cars were "released in an unsafe condition", suggesting the wheels were not correctly fastened.
Television footage
of the pitstops showed mechanics expressing concern as each car was released.
The stewards imposed two €5000 fines, one for each incident, but noted "the team ordered the car stopped immediately, and the driver stopped as fast as he safely could".Unquote

Last edited:
if the crew members on each wheel put their hand above the tire to indicate a successful pitstop then it didn't work then i would say they were at fault. however since they were already signalling when the car dropped something was wrong. it was out of their hands. Sad situation. but i fear its more down the automatic pit release rather than having a lollipop man check "manually" that everything is okay.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back