F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Daniel Ricciardo

He drove very well, but keeps getting this season invalidated due Verstappen'd failures. Well, people weren't paying attention when Ricciardo had 5 DNFs, one less than Max, in the time when the car was at it's best. I don't know if he'll (or even Max) will win a title, but for now he seems a better driver than Max.

You need to look where Ricciardo DNF'd from compare to Verstappen

Australia - Was starting in P15 - probably could have got up to around P7
Russia - Was running in P7 behind Massa - with Massa's puncture would have been sixth behind Max
Hungary - Was in P4 when he was taken out by Max - could have finished third
USA - Likely to finish in P3
Mexico - Likely to finish in P3 - Max won the race

Compare that to Max

Bahrain - Was P4, set to undercut the Mercedes, P2 on the cards
Spain - P3 was likely considering his pace advantage over Ricciardo
Canada - Was set for P2
Baku - Would have won the race due to chaos - P1, retired from fourth
Austria - Qualified sixth before clutch failed
Spa - Was fifth ahead of Ricciardo - was on for P3
Singapore - Was second before the Ferrari's turned into him. A win was on the cards.

Looking at this Max had 2 wins robbed from him and 3 other podiums. Ricciardo just lost three third places.

Overall I rate Ricciardo's season an 8, was generally a bit behind Max, but still had some awesome races

As much as I love Ricciardo , I just get the feeling in the back of my mind of Hamiltion Vs Rosberg,
Vettel Vs Webber,
given the same car with the same performance and the same advantages to both guys ,
I see so much of Hamilton and Vettel in Max than I do in Ricciardo although hes a proven winner ,
this is the gut feelings I get ,
although in saying this both drivers are awesome and I wish them both the best in 2018!

In Lewis's Merc with Lewis's teammates we could be talking about Dan as at least a WDC right now...if not 3-4 times WDC...he is better than both Nico and certainly Bottas IMO...

Dan is good for F1, he's more like a MotoGP rider, has fun and ALWAYS looks like he is just so happy to be doing what he does....

Reactions: CC
I have the feeling he`s getting rated higher than other drivers only because hes a funny guy.
He deserves a 7, but not more. Max was most of the time better than him if he didnt had a failure.
what drugs are you on. Dan had on less retirement then max did. Max took Dan out at Hungary were Dan would of probably gotten the win with max second. Not to mention max got the engine upgrade THAT DAN NEVER RECEIVED AS RED BULL HAD ONLY ONE ENGINE WITH THE UPGRADES. Yes Dan got the engine upgrade in Canada but by the next race Max had the same engine.. Dan didn't as Renault had the one engine for red-bull

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back