F1 again not to race in Bahrain?

This whole Bahrain thing is getting silly. Just dump this whole track from the calendar and leave it out for the future also. Nobody loves to drive there anyway.

Happy warfare, lets race somewhere else!

This whole Bahrain thing is getting silly. Just dump this whole track from the calendar and leave it out for the future also. Nobody loves to drive there anyway.

Happy warfare, lets race somewhere else!

Although I disagree on the track itself, the rest is spot-on. Until the country gets itself together, do not offer them any chance to get back on the calendar.

Ecclestone could get Istanbul Park if he had not doubled the calendar entry cost this year, now serves him right this Bahrain business troubles him...

Well, the unrest in the country is just the beginning. With those kinds of situations and ideals held with the protesters, much of the time, these kinds of protests go as long as couple of years, at the very least.

Bernie already said its up to the teams whether they want to race at Bahrain are not. Its however the FIA that should decide if this GP should continue. Its their championship.

Even with the slightest risk present this GP should be cancelled. I don't worry about the teams and drivers really as I am sure they will have their protection secured. However Average Joe that puts down a lot of money to travel to Bahrain and stays in a hotel far from the track might be in danger and the FIA/FOTA/whatever has a moral responsibility to take care of those supporting them as well.

The GP draws a lot of attention to the situation in the oilstate and I am sure that those with bad intentions can "score easy" if they want :(

Until someone/persons related to F1 whether it be a Team member/s or spectator/s get Kidnap/hurt or even worse he would not understand the extent of the circumstance and that will be a sad day, wikipedia could then add that to there F1 encyclopedia

Would Mr Bernie like it for his Daughters to be there it that present danger?

I guess then you have the answer, why endanger people's life just because he has already live a full life.
He know the situation but just pretend its all good.

The nerve of some person's makes me sick to the core

_59579904_014475832-1.jpg

Has anyone asked the people of Bahrain how they feel about this?

No?

Well this picture shows you what they think.

Its better off imo. let them resolve and respect its peoples rights to not have it until they (not the government) feel its right to have a gp.
But i hope thetrack is included in f1 2012 the game...the short version not the xtra long one

And in what way does that prove that they agree with it?

It's pointless to make generalizing statements over the opinion of an entire people if you can't back it up with facts.

Sorry, next time I'll post the totally in-appropriate video's of Bahrain citizens being shot in the street. Will that let you know how they feel about the regime they live under? I think the whole world knows the people are rising up and being shot at in return, I didn't make a generalising statement, I used a statement backed up by facts, not just the picture, but news, accounts, video's. The people feel that by holding a GP, the world is continuing as normal and they are being ignored.

If you don't know how the Bahraini people feel about this, then you must try very hard to avoid the news, or you choose to ignore it, which is outrageous, especially if you feel fit to comment on it.

If you don't know how the Bahraini people feel about this, then you must try very hard to avoid the news, or you choose to ignore it, which is outrageous, especially if you feel fit to comment on it.
Are you familiar with Socrates' statement "I know that i know nothing"? Because I for one am actually knowledgeable enough to realize that we, as Western, non-Bahraini citizens, know very little about what's going on on the ground (which is partially due to the oppression of the media, especially foreign media, in the country). You on the other hand seem to see yourself qualified to judge the opinion of a people who live in a country you've probably never even been to, purely based on what little can be gathered through the media.

Sorry, next time I'll post the totally in-appropriate video's of Bahrain citizens being shot in the street. Will that let you know how they feel about the regime they live under? I think the whole world knows the people are rising up and being shot at in return, I didn't make a generalising statement, I used a statement backed up by facts, not just the picture, but news, accounts, video's. The people feel that by holding a GP, the world is continuing as normal and they are being ignored.
You literally said:

Well this picture shows you what they think.
That is a generalizing statement, period. You cannot infer the opinion of all Bahraini people from the opinion of one artist. And even if you take the statements of opposition leaders (whom you have definitely not mentioned in your post) and whatnot into account, it is pure arrogance to assume that they (or even worse, you), speak for the entire Bahraini people. I get the feeling that this issue is way more complicated than you seem to even grasp. Not all Bahraini people have taken part in the protests. Even this relatively well-known detail seems to be lost on you.The fact that Bahrain is in no way comparable to the much, much more violent uprisings in other countries, such as Libya, Yemen, or Syria also doesn't seem to be familiar to you. Unlike in those countries, people protesting on the streets aren't just getting picked off by government sniper while protesting on the streets. The amount of deaths that have occurred isn't even close to comparable.
I suggest that you actually take the time to read up on the topic (the report from the Bahrain Independent Commision of Inquiry is a good place to start) before you comment on it. You might realize that not everything is as black-and-white as you paint it.

Are you familiar with Socrates' statement "I know that i know nothing"? Because I for one am actually knowledgeable enough to realize that we, as Western, non-Bahraini citizens, know very little about what's going on on the ground (which is partially due to the oppression of the media, especially foreign media, in the country). You on the other hand seem to see yourself qualified to judge the opinion of a people who live in a country you've probably never even been to, purely based on what little can be gathered through the media.

You literally said:

That is a generalizing statement, period. You cannot infer the opinion of all Bahraini people from the opinion of one artist. And even if you take the statements of opposition leaders (whom you have definitely not mentioned in your post) and whatnot into account, it is pure arrogance to assume that they (or even worse, you), speak for the entire Bahraini people. I get the feeling that this issue is way more complicated than you seem to even grasp. Not all Bahraini people have taken part in the protests. Even this relatively well-known detail seems to be lost on you.The fact that Bahrain is in no way comparable to the much, much more violent uprisings in other countries, such as Libya, Yemen, or Syria also doesn't seem to be familiar to you. Unlike in those countries, people protesting on the streets aren't just getting picked off by government sniper while protesting on the streets. The amount of deaths that have occurred isn't even close to comparable.
I suggest that you actually take the time to read up on the topic (the report from the Bahrain Independent Commision of Inquiry is a good place to start) before you comment on it. You might realize that not everything is as black-and-white as you paint it.

It's a sectarian environment. I DO know what's going on, because I do my homework before passing comment.

EVERY Bahraini is involved. Some or getting shot, some are doing the shooting. It's Sunni v Shiite (just like Saddams Iraq)

I don't have to go to Bahrain to know whats going on. Have you ever been to Auschwitz? If not, I assume you do not support claims of a holocaust, because, as you say, you have no idea whats happening (or happened) if you've never been right?

I've also never been to the Superbowl, so the Giants must NOT have won it in February, 'cos I wasn't there.

Also, you can quote Socrates all day long, but in this case, you have used the quote out of context. Always a problem when quoting from Google and not the actual book it was taken from.

EVERY Bahraini is involved. Some or getting shot, some are doing the shooting. It's Sunni v Shiite (just like Saddams Iraq)
It's simply naive to assume that every Bahraini is involved. Even in Syria, where the government is waging war on its people, most of them just keep living their lives. And Bahrain doesn't even get close to that. The majority of the violence (which was fairly small to begin with) took place last year. Yes, every now and then a death still occurs at a protest that turns violent, but saying that "Some or getting shot, some are doing the shooting" conjures up an image where peaceful protesters are walking through the streets only to get mowed down by government snipers. Again, that's Syria, not Bahrain. In Bahrain, the deaths are sporadic occurrences which can also happen at protests in Western countries.
I don't have to go to Bahrain to know whats going on. Have you ever been to Auschwitz? If not, I assume you do not support claims of a holocaust, because, as you say, you have no idea whats happening (or happened) if you've never been right?

Not Auschwitz, but Dachau :) But even if I hadn't been there, I still wouldn't doubt the holocaust because there is an extremely large amount of credible documentation on the topic - both oral and through literature. And that simply can't be said for Bahrain. But my beef with you wasn't even that you relied on relatively unreliable media reports on the topic - but rather that you made an assumption over the opinion of an entire people based on a picture that shows only the opinion of one person. If you had quoted a survey conducted according to scientific standards - hey, I wouldn't mind at all.

Also, you can quote Socrates all day long, but in this case, you have used the quote out of context. Always a problem when quoting from Google and not the actual book it was taken from.
Trust me, I have read the translations of the originals from Plato and Aristotle. The quote means that, essentially, only someone with a vast amount of knowledge (such as Socrates) knows that his knowledge pales compared to what can be known. Someone who knows a little, might consider himself knowledgeable, but only because he doesn't know the world is full of things he has no clue about. I didn't use it the way Socrates intended it, but that doesn't make my use of it invalid.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back