F1 again not to race in Bahrain?

Reading this will make me cancel my trip to Bahrain this weekend, if I were to go. But that's just me:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/18/bahrain-formula-one-yates-safety?newsfeed=true

Basically they're saying that they will retaliate with live rounds vs protesters should something happen. Imagine that next to a track with cars going 300 km/h. They cannot guarantee the safety of the teams, officials or drivers.

This is making it all look terribly insane, I would vote for a last-minute pullout for anyone not there yet.

My friend got a tweet this morning to say that a Petrol bomb landed dangerously close to a Force India truck that was leaving the circuit last night! :confused:

Could he refer to this? It might be a different incident.. which would only make things worse. (Translated from a Dutch source; http://www.rtl.nl/(/sport/rtl_gp/fo...2012/04_april/120419_force_india_incident.xml)

''A Force India team member has left Bahrain after a molotov cocktail exploded next to a car which his colleagues were in. Four mechanics of the team were travelling in a rentalcar when they came across a dispute between police and protesters. They were forced to pull over. A while later a molotov cocktail exploded right next to the car. None of the passengers were harmed, though an other team member saw this as the last straw and left the country. The four mechanics are still staying this weekend and will attend the Grand Prix.''

Let's just hope nothing dreadful happens this weekend. We can't do much, can we? ;)
I'm going to enjoy the race as it is, though. The political situation is understandably very difficult, but I'm hoping for an exciting race nonetheless.

I have a really bad feeling about the race... Something horrible is going to happen. Hoping that the FIA will be clever enough to cancel it, but they won't.

What might actually be possible, though, is a Team boycott. They were assured of their safety by the FIA, which I believe may be under threat.

I agree, something terrible is going to happen. I might not watch the race, It's usually a borefest anyway.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%