Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

People complaining about the rain, do what I do. When it rains, while you're changing tyres in the pits, quickly stick some TC on, there's nothing to stop you doing that.

I will need the assists because I just cannot drive with ABS off.

Wow. Awesome contribution man. I did start a thread on August 14th a whole 8 weeks ago. Unfortunately most people couldn't see the wood from the trees then and now all of a sudden it's upon us and it's just too confusing man......:cool:

Just to clarify I have no objections to racing C but went D as the narrow minded and the co-op needy wanted a traditional start which is exactly what we've been doing for the last 4 years. Having only raced in the last 3 seasons which is approx 45 races I have yet to see more than a handful of full grids start a race and certainly never seen a full grid finish a race. Shameful...

If the objective of this season is to carry on as previous seasons then I worry. ALOT.
With F12015 only 6 months away and the natural promotion of it all through our season I find it hard to believe this new season would actually finish ! The reason to run C or D was to keep interest up when everybody is looking over there shoulder at the new game and with nobody under contract to run a full season who are we to moan if people depart. Not me for sure.

What I find more disappointing is you have 16 sign ups with only a handful who seem to give a fcuk.
Ah **** it I'm out :mad: I'm gonna race the AI this year and save the bitching to others
I hope you are just having a moment Colin and reconsider at least until the schedule has been fully settled. I need my long time rival on track to keep me honest ;)

In all honesty if you can't race without a driving line you are basically not racing but just throttling and braking when a Codemasters programmer tells you to. You play FIFA with a running line as well?
I can't drive without the racing line tho

Can't isn't in the book of a racer. Practice masters, so if you switch off all the aids the moment you unbox the game for the first time, you can also race without this immersion killing "feature".

Because some people are alien fast and no amount of practice can achieve that speed
Isn't that what a league is about: testing your skills against others on an equal battlefield. If people don't learn to loose, can't be bothered to practice to gain skills and speed they shouldn't be in a league but do some social fun racing club events instead.

League racing is about having fair fast races for points to see who is the best.

Isn't that what a league is about: testing your skills against others on an equal battlefield. If people don't learn to loose, can't be bothered to practice to gain skills and speed they shouldn't be in a league but do some social fun racing club events instead.

League racing is about having fair fast races for points to see who is the best.
Hmm yes I was just thinking about that and maybe line could be used but pit assist, traction control, abs, braking assist and all of that could be banned. Line doesnt do much as it is designed to be slower than people who find the ideal line. I use it at the start of the league season usually till I get used to the cars and tracks

Just 2 gp's is real schedule then untill mid march, because obviously real f1 is over, option D just has a non sense schedule (to me) with gp's i disllike such as Hungary and US in first places ... and to start with Sochi just does not click (now over btw) and if for any reason we run late and start after brasil (no please not first race of the season :coffee:) apart from Abu Dhabi we will be in synch after 11 races just for the remaining 7 which just does not make sense to me. Considering that i tend to miss a couple of races in the summer which overlap my holidays (those i dislike btw ;)) it will be just 5 for me.I really prefer to run the good ol' standard sequence. i'd prefer to start with the Aussie GP rather than to start a season with Sochi, Brasil or Abu Dhabi.
I understand that D sequence should keep the drivers interested syncing with real gp schedule, but i doubt it :rolleyes:. Those who decide to move to next gen will do no matter what and those that will get tired or will be more interested in spring, flowers and bees will just not attend.Those who have had a good average attendace will continue to do so no matter if ABCD or any combination, therefore i am up for B as my first choice, also because i practice less no matter what when spring/summer make their way :thumbsup:
We all have different views Alex but to just stick to the same ol’ thing for the 6th season rather than try something fresh is not really sensible IMO.

With the alternative schedule yes indeed we would only run 2 or 3 races in line with the real thing to start with but I would prefer to do that with the extra interest it brings and then run some of the classic GP’s in the off season rather than go with the traditional schedule that brings nothing new to the table. As a result of going the alternative route we would subsequently be running alongside 9 races at the start of the real F1 season. That would come at a time when historically interest has started to dwindle in the virtual season and numbers drop but with the extra interest in the new F1 season high and Melbourne ready to be run it may encourage and give incentive to more people to stick with it. I would be far happier to run 11/12 races alongside the real season than none at all.

I know that when I get my hands on the game (hopefully being put through my letterbox sometime today :thumbsup:) the first track I’ll be wanting to try out is Sochi, then I’ll test out some of my favourites (Silverstone, Singapore, Hungary, Suzuka, etc.) and maybe get some online session in with whoever is around. Then after the dust has settled after a week or so I will start looking at some practice for the races in the new season…. Whether that be Sochi or Brazil (why on earth would you not want to start the season at the track that gave us one of our best race of the season just finished!!) either would be fine seeing as we have just watched one this weekend so it’s still fresh in the memory and the other one is on the horizon plus with with the Abu Dhabi finale to follow.. what better way than that to start a season :thumbsup:.

What I won’t really want to be doing is getting down to practice for a race at Melbourne, nothing worng with Melbourne of course but we haven’t seen it for 7 months and don’t see it again for another 5 :unsure:. Conversely when we reach the halfway point of the season and March rolls around and the new season is about to kick-off why would I want to be racing at Silverstone or Germany rather than Melbourne which will then be an exciting prospect as I will be getting up at silly hours to watch it and will be desperately keen to get on track there myself, followed by Malaysia, China, Bahrain, etc, etc. That is a far more mouth-watering prospect to me :).

Just for the record Alex last season you started missing races at dates after our current F1 season would end so unless your holidays start significantly earlier this year it would not impact at all.

One of the things we asked of those signing up for this season was that they are committed to stick to the season for the duration, regardless of next gen upgrades at some point. Of course some may change their minds on that but I would hope the majority would honour what they have said and stick with us for the full season rather than disappear. Also, those signing up here so far have pretty much been those that are reliable and stick it out so again I would hope that would stand us in good stead over the entirety of the season.

I also used to race with all assists on. Even with my wheel. But then I just felt like it's time to turn them off. I started turning them off 1 by 1, and when I got to the racing line I couldn't get the braking points at all so I decided to keep it on.

I am driving a career mode on F1 challenge (99 cars have no grip at all :roflmao: ). There is no racing line in that game, but what there is are tyre skidmarks on track, which I use as a "racing line". On codemasters games, not only there are no tyre marks visible on the braking points, but the entire track becomes black on the racing line, as the track gets hotter and hotter..

Hehe - I installed F1 2013 last night (got it on PS+ at some point) and I failed day one of the Young Driver Test several times. That guy was SO picky. "You missed the apexes, try again." - okay, I make sure to hit them this time. "You were too slow, try again." - Hey - pick one or the other, mate! :O_o::D

I bring a whole new definition to the words 'slow driver' - moving road block describes me better. Don't you remember, I used to get lapped two or three times on the 30 lap GT3 races we had earlier this year? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes