Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Holmes To Return To F1?
Rumours are beginning to arouse that former Formula One driver Andrew Holmes is to return to the paddock in 2015. With the former GP2 runner up and former Formula One driver taking a sabatical mid-way through season five whilst driving at the Sauber F1 Team, he is rumoured to be returning to the paddock in 2015. We have not had chance to speak to Andrew directly, but we cannot wait to speak to the ex-Sauber driver. Will he return and if so, who with?

I don't see why we'd need assists, in particular TC, when we're racing against each other. It's difficult to keep up with legend AI in the wet (they seem to have an advantage) but when it's all human players it's an even playing field. This is a PC league so I don't think anyone is using controllers, so why do we need it?

I don't see why we'd need assists, in particular TC, when we're racing against each other. It's difficult to keep up with legend AI in the wet (they seem to have an advantage) but when it's all human players it's an even playing field. This is a PC league so I don't think anyone is using controllers, so why do we need it?
Controllers can still be used but if 100% of everyone doesnt use assists then I will ban them but some people dont feel confident with this.

2014/15 F1 calendar *

26-Oct- Sochi. Row 5
16-Nov- Brazil. Row 8
30-Nov-Abu Dhabi. Row 10
14-Dec- Hungary. Row 12

04-Jan- Texas. Row 15
11-Jan- Suzuka. Row 16

25-Jan- Singapore. Row 18
08-Feb- Germany. Row 20
22-Feb- Belgium. Row 22
08-Mar- Italy. Row 24

22-Mar- Australia. Row 26
12-Apr- Bahrain. Row 29
26-Apr- China. Row 31
03-May- Malaysia. Row 32

17-May- Spain. Row 34
31-May- Monaco. Row 36
14-Jun- Canada. Row 38
28-Jun- Austria. Row 40
12-July- Great Britain. Row 42

Bold underlined races can be moved around to fit preferences . All the rest usually follow a week after the live transmission and so are locked.

The idea of racing on the same day as an actuall race holds no appeal for me unfortunately. It's just to much time stuck infront of the TV. Also testing and perfecting a setup the week before a real life race holds no excitement either I'm afraid.

There is more interest imo straight after a race. Just like Tennis courts being empty the week before Wimbledon or driving ranges being empty the week before the Ryder cup, all these places are busy as hell the following week.

Just like I had no motivation to test Sochi leading up to the GP now it over I wouldn't mind testing the track this week & comparing the game to real life.

If the group decides to go back to the original configuration of Melbourne Malaysia Bahrain ect. I'm also out unfortunately. Iv raced 3 seasons now in this format and although Iv enjoyed the season I believe it would have been more interesting with a greater longevity with a different racing calendar that follows the real life season ( more or less )

As always the group is more important than a single driver & as there is already 16 sign ups I hope the 16 finish the campaign. My worry is in the other formats the number will continue to drop until a hardcore of 7 or 8 are left which would also be a non starter for me. The goal should be to keep the interest up for the entire season and not just the opening 5 or 6 races.

If I sign up, I sign up for the season. No half measures

I have no problem with that schedule other than the first race being too early I feel. I'll definitely be jumping into the cockpit and trying out Sochi as my first port of call just to see how well they have done with it so will likely be up to speed with it myself but several here will only get the game a few days before that first race so it may be a push to start there.

I would however, be happy to have a test race there (and Texas seeing as that is the next race on the real calendar) for those that have it.

I reckon a couple of weeks with some tests of various things will be needed so a start of the 16th November at Brazil would seem more realistic.

How about if the Malaysia race was shifted to the actual day of that race. It's one of the early morning ones so wouldn't impact too much on that day and it would save having it completely out of schedule?

Last edited:
I think we are getting closer to being able to sort the schedules to vote on. One thing is clear though, we are going to have to come to a compromise on some things.

Notable points to consider:
We have never tried to create a league schedule where we avoided real F1 race weekends.
We have never set a schedule that included back-to-back race weekend. (we may have had a few races like that due to schedule changes mid season though)
We have never tried to follow the real F1 race schedule before but many think it would keep interest levels higher through the season

Colin's schedule has some good things. It avoids all real F1 race weekend, follows the real F1 schedule 10\19 times (not including Russia), but it does start early and still has a couple back-to-back race weekend.

Schedule C avoids all but 2 real F1 race weekend, follows the real F1 schedule 12/19 times, but has 2 back-to-back race weekends (in which one of those races are on an actual F1 race weekend).

I'm not sure how many of our races this past season were on actual F1 race weekends. I don't have that spreadsheet at home but can look it up when i'm back at work tomorrow. If i had to guess i'd say at least 3 though.

I rarely get to practice on the actual weekend we race, Saturdays during the day are taken up with family stuff and the evenings I am committed to the Grid Autosport League . I mainly have to do my practice earlier on in the week, so it ties in nicely with the following week schedule.

Not saying I would not race them if they were on the actual race day but it would make it more difficult to do them all, especially as I am not always able to watch the races live and the positive impact of following the schedule would be less for me in that respect.

Last edited:
because some people just can't drive without assists (I can't drive without the racing line :roflmao: )

and seeing as equal cars is winning, rain is probably going to remain, and that's where assist users indeed will have an advantage :D

We have to start the season at Brazil...it's Brazil!!

I agree with Peter that Colin's start is a bit early, but without looking at things now is there a reason why the Hungary and Germany races are put where they are?
The ones on Colins schedule that are highlighted in black are moveable, they won't be run in tandem with the real world because our season finishes before it reaches that point of the real 2015 season so they can be shuffled around in the gap between the end of this season and the start of the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes