Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Dutch GP Results:
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 10
2. Ben Goldie - 10
3. Dawid Wiśniewski - 6
4. Jake Taylor - 3
5. Daniel Newcombe - 3
6. Alex Gerasimenko - 2
7. Michael Fleming - 2
8. Cian Geraghty - 1
9. Luke Cage - 1
10. Hasnain Aslam - 0

Connor takes his first win of the season on countback (+/-1 4th place) ahead of Ben who equals the winner's points for the 2nd week running. Dawid rounds out the top 3.
Here's how everyone predicted:
Predictions R4.png

Spanish GP Results:
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 15
2. Ben Goldie - 9
3. Dawid Wiśniewski - 8
4. Cian Geraghty - 8
5. Jake Taylor - 7
6. Michael Fleming - 6
7. Alex Gerasimenko - 6
8. Luke Cage - 6
9. Martijn Boontje - 6
10. Hasnain Aslam - 6

It's the same top 3 as in the last round, but this time it's a pretty comfortable win for Connor almost like the actual race itself.
Here's how everyone predicted:
1599503716841.png

*Dan was given as first DNF as he did not return to the lobby before Danny retired.

Standings after Round 5:
1. Connor Mcdonagh - 43
2. Ben Goldie - 38
3. Cian Geraghty - 36
4. Dawid Wiśniewski - 32
5. Jake Taylor - 30
6. Daniel Newcombe - 26
7. Alex Gerasimenko - 23
8. Martijn Boontje - 20
9. Michael Fleming - 19
10. Hasnain Aslam - 19
11. Luke Cage - 8

A 2nd win on the bounce means Connor takes a 5 point lead going into Round 6, with Ben in 2nd place 2 points ahead of Cian.

Total Wins
1. Daniel Newcombe, Connor Mcdonagh - 2
2. Cian Geraghty - 1

1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?

6/10, untill my technical issues everything was quite calm tbh as i expected to have bad race pace. Qualifying was at least very good

2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?

No Idea, barely played the game in the last few weeks as i was busy with tomb raider and now watch the tour de france so we'll see
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?

Always hated the first chicane after the end of S1, so a more flowing corner would be better

4. We are 5 races into the season now, who do you see as your main rival(s) this season?

The Usual suspects like Ben, Connor, Michael Dawid etc. Ollie and Josh i think have not shown their cards yet

5. What other sports other than racing do you follow?

Football (mainly Bundesliga and prem), Ski Jumping, Cycling and heavyweight Boxing

Yes, I rage quit.

No, I don't care.

Yet another race where I get punted because people insist on fighting, in piss poor conditions this time... and like turning into a corner regardless of whether or not there's a car there... and this time the idiot pit straightaway ANYWAY because he had a broken wing, so what was the point?

Can't even go for fastest lap either because VSC for no reason, and might have even given @BigC_015 a penalty or something during, not sure. If I did, I apologise.

That was way mroe fun than i expected.

Shocked by quali, absolutely gassed by P4, even tho the lap was pretty dire. Without missing the T6 apex and hitting the WoC I'd have been 2nd.

Got a **** start in the wet, got swamped at t1 but saved by the cluster at T3. Had okay pace in the wet but was pretty poor in the dry, so mistakes and pens meant I slipped back through the field. Still, running Top 6 for a large portion of the race and having a few people to hang around with and race was good fun.

With my reputation, my main aim was to finish, points were a bonus. In the end, I managed both. Happy with that, and now inclined to do a few more over the rest of the season.

What a crazy race!

disconnected in qualy but managed to get a last gasp lap when I returned to get p3!

had a poor start but was then took out by a McLaren at turn 3 which sent me to p20!

drove as hard as I could and recovered to somehow get p3.

Turn 3 of lap 1.
yes I had a poor start but Will left me no where to go at turn 3. There is no chance we are both going through that corner especially in those conditions. He came from behind so I couldn’t even pull out. This resulted in me dropping to last and a fair few other drivers getting damage.

Q: 7th?
Me and Ben spent a good 6/7 minutes faffing around with a compromised setup for the conditions and I invalidated both laps after a poor banker.

R: 15th
Was trying to be cautious at the start but Will and Josh's incident left myself and Jake nowhere to go and we both paid with damage. I didn't realise my teammate was also pitting so stacked behind him and watched helplessly as my pit crew put inters on. Pitted again on lap 2 for full wets and that was my race over.

Continued in the hope of a safety car that never came. Pace improved a lot throughout the wet period and despite me dropping it on my mediums outlap, I think my speed in the dry was really decent - more than good enough to fight for a podium if I hadn't been a complete mong. Spent most of the race a few seconds ahead of Will albeit a lap behind and came in at the end for a glory run on the softs.

A case of 'what might have been' but in truth it was calamitous from the moment I left the pits in qualy. A race to forget but a lot of positives to give me confidence going forward.

Lost a great opportunity and the worst part is it's all my fault. I came into the race with a goal of getting a podium, so P5 is very disappointing.

Qualifying was a bit of a let down. Couldn't nail a lap and was 0.7s slower than in TT 20 minutes earlier. P5 was still an okay position to start.

Got a fantastic start and jumped two places into the first corner. I was up in alex1994128's rear diffusor and couldn't see a bloody thing from the cockpit. Stacked up 6 seconds of penalties in the first two laps not seeing a hint of the apexes, after which I decided to back off.

On lap 1 or 2 there was a close call coming into the hairpin. I pulled off line to get some visibility, at which point I noticed a McLaren very close behind. Missed my braking slightly with the McLaren in my thoughts, locked up my fronts and slowly slid towards the side of alex. He saved my race by noticing my Alpha water-sledge and left some space. Thank you! Lifted off on the exit to make sure he kept his position. Then I noticed I was almost squeezing the McLaren off the track, so I made some room up the inside right before it was too late.

I felt like I had a bit more pace than alex, but whenever I closed in I started getting warnings and sliding around in dirty air. I bid my time for around 20 laps, just waiting for dry tires and DRS. We pitted at the same time for mediums, and on the exit from the pits I ruined my chance for a podium. Locked up the fronts, went to the grass and almost hit the wall - I lost around 5 seconds, which sucks looking at the results now.

Had a great time though, thanks for the race and congrats to the guys on the podium. Highlights later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 48 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 41 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 47 11.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 45 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 136 34.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 234 59.1%