Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?: 0/10 - Terrible performance, I have a lot of work to do to even get consistent points this season
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round? Just hoping to finish the race, every race I finish is more knowledge going forward
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how? - Extend turn 10 some more to allow cars to go side by side
4. Who would you have put in the Racing Point this weekend? - I was happy with Hulk, just on a personal level I would have liked to see Mick Schumacher.

I was the fastest but penalties and the qualifying blockage didn't go my way really. Credit to Alex and Ben for not getting penalties, very difficult to do so on 2020.
A podium is always the aim but I expect other people will be stronger here as it's just turning, braking and accelerating.
Decent as it is.
4. Who would you have put in the Racing Point this weekend?
Hulk was a good choice.

1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?
About 4/10. Qualifying wasn't that far off what I could do, but made a mistake by blocking someone which was poor. The start was good, committed to the grass on the outside early as I could see danger and it was a good decision. Made a bad error then by touching the car ahead on the SC restart. I was too focused on other things like the tyres as I was quite unfamiliar with how things work in this game as I haven't raced on the couple of previous games. Managed to mess up the pit entry then and disconnected, so a bit of a mess. However I think the race pace was ok.

2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
Just hoping for a cleaner race and hopefully get a points finish, though I'm not sure of how good/bad my pace is here yet.

3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
The T5/6/7/8 complex is the worst on the track in my opinion. The kerbs, including ones joining from other layouts of the track make it awkward, so I'd change that fast chicane if possible.

I think experience was most important in that decision so Hulkenberg was a good choice.

Solid, pace was nothing expectional but avoided any major mistakes and P6 was a lot better than I thought before the race
Dreadful, never had good pace at this track and it isn't any better on this game. Any points would be a bonus.
Bring back the 2010 layout, then everyone would hate the track and it would have been voted off the calendar.
Hulk was the right choice

Bad. I wasn't happy with my quali time, but that turned out to be the best part. I was in two incidents and spun off both times.

Like most Tilke tracks, I don't have pace. I struggle hard with the acute angle corners.

I think Johnny Herbert made the right track modifications in the Bahrain Virtual GP.

Esteban Gutierrez drove like a regular random lobby sprint racer in the Virtual GPs, so I would've loved to see him go full Maldonado in the Racing Point.

4/10 I had medium pace when I was on the softs lol, bottled the strat and got 3 pens

Better than the Haas frauds

Remove all braking, turning and acceleration points on this track and we'll see who's really good on it
Kubica, still in disbelief RP chose someone who's 45 years old and has 0 podiums

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282
Backup Host: TBC

S12 Pole: Francis McGinn (1:30.537)

S12 Podium:
1. Francis McGinn
2. Jamie Ducie
3. Michael Fleming

S12 Fastest Lap: Dawid Wisniewski (1:34.381)

Most Poles: Alex Gerasimenko, Connor Mcdonagh (1)
Most Wins: Alex Gerasimenko, Dawid Wisniewski (1)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug (2)

Pre Race Questions:
4. In what way do you think you could improve the most as a driver?
5. Favourite crisps flavour?

Notified Absences:
- Mitchell Haverlag (Red Bull) - Cian will reserve
- Ollie Davies (Racing Point) - Javier will reserve
- Berry Bregman (Racing Point) - Brandon will reserve

Reserves:
- Cian Geraghty
- Javier Nervo
- Brandon Blais

Last edited:
With the Bahrain GP being postponed this week, I'd like to give a few options as to if/when to do the round.

A. Not run it at all
B. Move the whole calendar 1 week back running the Bahrain GP next week (11th Aug)
C. Run the Bahrain GP in one of the break weeks (1st Sep/20th Oct)
D. Have 1 break week only on the 29th September with the races in the same order (i.e. Bahrain next week then China etc)
E. Have 1 break week only on the 29th September but have Bahrain as Rd.15 just before Abu Dhabi. China would be next week, then The Netherlands etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes