Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Hello and Welcome back for another season of racing here at Race Department. Car Selection is finally complete and the full roster can be found here.
New threads should be up a week before each race and I will be asking you to post your availability each week in the race thread regardless of whether you are available or not. I'm relatively laid back with dropouts regardless of reason as long as you tell me in advance before the race.
For those who are new, reserves are assigned on a Race by Race basis and are first come first serve each week. if you are available to reserve for a race just post your availability in the relevant race thread and if anyone drops out you will take their space for that particular race.
I expect everyone to join the lobbies on time but if you are late, please say beforehand and we'll wait upto 5 mins before we get going.
I believe I've sent everyone a Friend Request on PSN and I will be adding any remaining drivers to the PS Messages when I get on later. We also have an unofficial discord server as another form of communication which you are free to join but I'll primarily be using the PS Messages group at race time.
I will also be running the Predictor Game once again this season. This is completely optional and just a bit of fun on the side.
Other than that please be respectful on and off track and most importantly have some fun! It looks set to be a very competitive season.

If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or @Martijn Boontje.

Tagging all the drivers:
@DemoN F1 @Dawidos @MynamesJarod @clarky_110 @F1_Dan @Shly38 @Mitchell Haverlag @alex1994128 @SJM1337 @BigC_015 @F4H_Jake @danny blake
@boastman15 @Luke Cage @WillMurdoch93 @Ollie_D631 @Liam Stead @janbo @Nexus1011 @Sjorsvdbrug @Akiro @JIM-NervoAngrylo @SilverEaglePs @Logshotter20 @CianG-4 @Peter Bakker

Some people in for some practice tonight at Silverstone or any other circuit?
We're racing tonight at Melbourne

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282
Backup Host: TBC

S12 Pole: Alex Gerasimenko (1:27.448)

S12 Podium:
Connor Mcdonagh
2. Alex Gerasimenko
3. Francis McGinn

S12 Fastest Lap: Ben Goldie (1:28.796)

Most Poles: Alex Gerasimenko (1)
Most Wins: Alex Gerasimenko (1)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug (1)

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
4. Who would you have put in the Racing Point this weekend?

Notified Absences:
- Saif Mehmood (Ferrari) - Cian will reserve
- Luke Cage (Mercedes) - Steve will reserve
- Ollie Davies (Racing Point) - Brandon will reserve
- Michael Fleming (Haas)

Reserves:
- Cian Geraghty
- Steve Temperton
- Brandon Blais

Last edited:
Pre Race Questions:
1. What are your expectations for this coming season at Race Department?
expecting some closely fought racing and laughing at danny being awful
2. How are you finding F1 2020 so far?
very good. the game suits me more than previous games and im more competitive.
3. Who do you think will be the Drivers and Constrcutors Champions this season?
to be honest i have no clue
4. Which track(s) would you like to see added to IRL F1 calendar this season?
definitely france and monaco

Qualifying: 14th
Race: 17th

Can't for the life of me understand how I'm one of the slowest drivers, I know I haven't raced for 2 years but I don't get how my speed has regressed from being getting poles and podiums on F1 2016 to finishing last here.

I'm super confused... maybe I'm just too old and lost all my pace and should go back into retirement lol:(

Capture.PNG

Happy to end my winless drought (since S11 singapore) right at the start. Got quite lucky overall with the margins in quali, the traffic and my strategy, but keeping within the white lines was the most important part, even though the pace was awful at times.

Australia is tricky in regards to overtaking if you have similar pace, but this race showed that its very competetive up top and that occurences like last season where i finshed 45 seconds behind ben and get P3 will be in the past, looking forward to next week

Congrats to Alex, looked like a well deserved victory.

I got a fantastic start and jumped a couple of places. Luckily there's no bump on the right hand side of the start-finish straight in the game or I would've ended up like Ricciardo. I took the inside line into the first corner and hugged the kerb, but a McLaren swept in from the outside, hit me on the side and I spun off. Later on I made a mistake in the penultimate corner and went side-by-side into the last corner with a Williams. Again I had the inside line, but after a contact I lost control and hit the wall. After that it was mostly a lonely drive, but I'm happy I finished the race at least. Looking forward to the next one.

I'd set the recording to be an hour long but all I got was five seconds of loading screen. Therefore all I have is from the race highlights:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes