Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

1.What are your expectations for this coming season at Race Department?
Expecting a close battle at the front of the field. For myself I hope to pick up a podium at some point during the season.

2. How are you finding F1 2020 so far?
Im enjoying it tbf. A massive improvement on the last two games and might have some longevity, not too much tho.

3. Who do you think will be the Drivers and Constrcutors Champions this season?
Renault or Haas look like the clear two.
Shellay, Alex or Dawid in the Drivers.

4. Which track(s) would you like to see added to IRL F1 calendar this season?

Yeongham, Nurburgring, Imola, Portimao, Sepang.

1. Here to enjoy my racing experience alongside some good friends and rivals from over the years. Given I won the title last game - where I really struggled with the handling - doing the same again is the aim. I think last season I did benefit from doing PSGL alongside so without that, I should be a bit more rusty and maybe not as reliable results wise.

2. Game feels a lot better and enjoyable but need to work on braking and low speed still really.

3. Michael certainly has the pace, experience and reliability. Alex can if he sorts himself out a bit. Then Mitchell as well is always one to watch. Wouldn’t rule out of Ben, Dawid or Ollie but more dark horses.

Constructors my - Renault has the strongest team but Haas is very strong.

4. Turkey, Malaysia, India, Nurb

1. What are your expectations for this coming season at Race Department?
Consistent points will be a challenge with the depth in this league so that'll be the main target. Hopefully I can sneak a podium somewhere, but I've been absolutely robbed of my best opportunities thanks to the woeful calendar.
A big step forward compared to 2019, the game feels fun to drive again which is great.
Should be a very good fight with the pace being as close as it is. When its this close I will just pick the guy who I know can bullshit some race wins, so congrats Alex.
I can't be bothered to load another tab to find out all the teams, so will pick Haas. Ben loves a constructors to mask his dismal title efforts.
Korea and Turkey

Hey! How's your reserve driver situation looking at the moment?

I hopped in on one of the racedepartment F1 seasons halfway through or so in 2017 I believe, and had a great time in the Toro Rosso. I see some familiar names in the signup list, at least @alex1994128 and @SJM1337 . The aforementioned drove a Merc and I think SJM was a reserve that season. Anyways, I'd be happy to join in if you need a driver. I'm quick but not the fastest, use no assists and drive from the cockpit cam.

Hey! How's your reserve driver situation looking at the moment?

I hopped in on one of the racedepartment F1 seasons halfway through or so in 2017 I believe, and had a great time in the Toro Rosso. I see some familiar names in the signup list, at least @alex1994128 and @SJM1337 . The aforementioned drove a Merc and I think SJM was a reserve that season. Anyways, I'd be happy to join in if you need a driver. I'm quick but not the fastest, use no assists and drive from the cockpit cam.
Welcome back!
We have a few reserves at the moment but we could do with more, we assign them on a race by race basis.

We've got a pretty strong field throughout and I'm just a pleb so not expecting anything really. Any points finishes would be great.
Good fun so far. As a sucker for Career Modes I've mainly been playing through MyTeam which has been pretty decent.
I'd say Connor for Drivers and Haas for Constructors but it should be close on both fronts.
Sepang maybe even as a night race.

I'm happy to say I'll be joining the grid full time for the upcoming season!

I'm expecting to be having a great time. In terms of performance I'm looking for points finishes and to challenge for a few podiums on my favorite tracks. In general I expect the field to be competitive but fair.

It's the best official F1 title since.. 1997? The cars feel better, the ERS system is miles ahead and finally there's a virtual mirror. I got annoyed with my G29 in this game though and just recently ordered new gear. Lots of bugs still present, it must be said, most notably the screen-wide "communicating with online services" message.

I cannot really comment on this. I've only seen some of the grid race before and that was years ago. I believe whoever deserves the title wins it in the end.

KymiRing, which is a brand-new track in Finland and was supposed to host a MotoGP race this season. The layout looks interesting and it's in the middle of nowhere in a scarcely populated country within Europe - a perfect fit!

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation in the appropriate stewarding thread. The staff encourages the parties involved in the incident to discuss the incident before reporting to the stewards. The stewards will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers within 48 hours of the start of the event.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

An incident report must always contain (Follow the template at the bottom)
  • The name(s) of the driver(s) involved in the incident
  • The race name/number and lap number of the incident
  • A private YouTube video (or similar) is recommended showing the incident from various angles (Top view, chase view, cockpit view, other drivers view etc). (No music please). If the video also contains other action please give a timestamp
  • A short description of the incident, without rant

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. A report from an outsider will not be considered. You may ask another member to send their footage of the incident as well to support your report. The staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be considered.

Template for Reports
- Drivers Involved:
- Round and Lap Number:
- Description and video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks