Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
@andyandy989898 when later this year F1 2022 is out. You gonna make the same mod like this? I know we have this year new tyres. But could be nice to have your touch on it :)

Kind regards
Yeah will definately take a look. Worst case EA lock everything behind encrypton and no more modding.

I would love to see track temperature affect tyre temps through the tyrecompound erp. Think could really create a different experience every race/session

Hey mate.
Just curious, how do you calculate the different values for the tyre wear below? Would really like to understand this part. Appreciate your feedback.

1648371126234.png

Yeah will definately take a look. Worst case EA lock everything behind encrypton and no more modding.

I would love to see track temperature affect tyre temps through the tyrecompound erp. Think could really create a different experience every race/session
Thats ****.. Well i gonna buy that game straight away when it comes out. Maybe i can help you with the results of your work. You're free to message me before you released on RD.

See ya :)

• Deleted member 408599

¿Y cómo se determina el factor de desgaste general de cada neumático?
Para una carrera del 25 %, ¿sigue utilizando el factor de desgaste de neumáticos estándar 1 en el archivo de rendimiento del coche? ¿O es 1.5-2 más adecuado?

General tire wear, for each compound.

Attachments

• Inkedunknown_2022.03.27-17.55 (2)_LI.jpg
    Inkedunknown_2022.03.27-17.55 (2)_LI.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not planning on purchasing F1 22 any time soon as I cant really see any added benefit from F1 2021. There were so many things they could have added to the game and they went with Sims crap and super cars which I have no interest in, such a shame. Fingers crossed for F1 23

I am therefore considering updating this mod to reflect 2022 tyres, any feedback on what to add/change would be welcome, we have the cold tyres on pit exit already but this could be made to last a little longer?
We have tyres that drop off in temperature quickly if not running at 100%.
From looking at gameplay online of races it seems Codemasters have made wet transitions more like it is in this mod, very quickly after the rain falls you must pit, in the vannila F1 2021 you can stay out on slicks until the track is pretty much soaking and ready for full wets. I have not played F1 22 so cannot comfirm but it seems like that from the 6 or 7 wet races I have seen. Anyone who has played F1 22 can confirm?

I think the strategy might be the thing we could add but finding I am already getting similar number of pit stops per race compared to races this season.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Andy

Last edited:
f1 22 is 100 times better then f1 21,dont hear what people say try it yourself the car handle and driving is insanely great....f1 21 is a trash game compared to 22

Firstly Andy, I have to point out that you're an absolute legend and the fact we don't have these mods in F1 22 is stopping me buying the game; the underwhelming reviews and buggy gameplay being the other reason.

I've used various iterations of this mod over about 30 races, so hopefully I'm well placed to provide some feedback. Unfortunately I barely get 4 hours a week of game time so I can test, but I'm not the best for it.

Cold tyres after pit exit - I remember this adjustment and I really struggled with it. I always felt like the AI didn't have this problem and I was basically running on ice for a lap or at least the first 5 or 6 corners and losing lots of time. The latest version seems to have hit the sweet spot in you won't have full grip out of the pits, but it comes to you after a few corners.

Tyre strategy - never had an issue. Tend to find there is a split in strategy which makes the racing really interesting between 1,2 and 3 stoppers.

Tyre degradation - I tend to find the car starts to drop off very quickly after 40% deg on a tyre, and you need to get them off asap or lose over a second a lap due to understeer. It would be good if the user could counter this somehow for a little period of time i.e. 40% deg causes heat loss which causes understeer which means you need to fight harder to keep the temps up throughout the lap.

Race strategy - still infuriating how cars who are clearly safe from the drop zone in Q2 will still go out again on the soft compound and basically run their race strategy because of the way Codies have wired the gap - don't think you can do anything about this though.

All in all, I'm very happy with the mod as it stands

f1 22 is 100 times better then f1 21,dont hear what people say try it yourself the car handle and driving is insanely great....f1 21 is a trash game compared to 22
Ok thanks for feedback, I have heard so many mixed reviews. Perhaps I will try the free game time through ea play and see what I think. I just don't see any real gameplay improvements, just updating to new FIA rules, most of which could be modded in from what I can see

Firstly Andy, I have to point out that you're an absolute legend and the fact we don't have these mods in F1 22 is stopping me buying the game; the underwhelming reviews and buggy gameplay being the other reason.

I've used various iterations of this mod over about 30 races, so hopefully I'm well placed to provide some feedback. Unfortunately I barely get 4 hours a week of game time so I can test, but I'm not the best for it.

Cold tyres after pit exit - I remember this adjustment and I really struggled with it. I always felt like the AI didn't have this problem and I was basically running on ice for a lap or at least the first 5 or 6 corners and losing lots of time. The latest version seems to have hit the sweet spot in you won't have full grip out of the pits, but it comes to you after a few corners.

Tyre strategy - never had an issue. Tend to find there is a split in strategy which makes the racing really interesting between 1,2 and 3 stoppers.

Tyre degradation - I tend to find the car starts to drop off very quickly after 40% deg on a tyre, and you need to get them off asap or lose over a second a lap due to understeer. It would be good if the user could counter this somehow for a little period of time i.e. 40% deg causes heat loss which causes understeer which means you need to fight harder to keep the temps up throughout the lap.

Race strategy - still infuriating how cars who are clearly safe from the drop zone in Q2 will still go out again on the soft compound and basically run their race strategy because of the way Codies have wired the gap - don't think you can do anything about this though.

All in all, I'm very happy with the mod as it stands

Thanks for the feedback navb, glad you enjoy the mod.

With regards to drop off after 40%. Do you suffer from not being able to put the power down or is it just front end grip? We could keep the grip a little more in the front tyres to counter. If rears then lower differential. You should be able to put more power down at the cost of lower top speeds

Thanks for the feedback navb, glad you enjoy the mod.

With regards to drop off after 40%. Do you suffer from not being able to put the power down or is it just front end grip? We could keep the grip a little more in the front tyres to counter. If rears then lower differential. You should be able to put more power down at the cost of lower top speeds
Hi Andy

It's the front end grip that suffers, and I'm understeering through the corners. Getting the power down and rears are both fine, but I'll find through sweeping corners or even the slow technical sections that the car just pushes away from the corner unless you're more cautious. Either way, you're immediately losing half a second to a full 2 seconds a lap, so they need to come off asap.

Tyre life is realistic on all the compounds - sometimes I'll find a Hard is quicker than a Medium but I quite like the challenge of that, as it varies the weekend strategy up a bit.

ahh ok, are you a pad or wheel user?
if this is a problem everyone is suffering with we can push the grip in the fronts to last a bit longer. I tend to be able to use my tyres till 65-75% but I am a pad user and admit no where near the fastest racer out there

I'm a pad user (PS5 but operate on the PC) but I have just this weekend bought a Logitech G29 so I'll be transitioning over. I'm not very fast either, my AI level is somewhere between 79-87 depending on the track, so I'm not picking up any medals for my skills.

How do you manage to keep the tyres on until 65-75%? Do you accept a half a second drop off in lap times, or change the diff?

By the way F1 2021 is better than '22 in my opinion. What really put me off fron 2022 was front wing damage. I was racing in Bahrain and lost my front wing on the end stages of the race, and actually managed an overtake on the last corner. With no front wing. There was basically no effect at all for losing it. Also the game doesn't even have realistic tire compounds in races. 2021 does that better too as you can actually have more than 1 set of tires per race. In 2022 it's always 4 sets of softs and 1 med and 1 hard. 4 sets of SOFTS. Who the hell uses 4 sets of softs in a race? Ruins any strategy in the game. Uninstalled the game after few races and went back to 2021.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.