Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Enrique

Nice one with 2021, its a good game.

Yes will work fine without doing practice session. Using the quick practice options works well to still collect resource points.
Yep different strategies works as before. if you want a more of a push to them using the soft less and mediums and hards much more then try the beta version in another resource. The temperature aspect is the same but the wear is a little less. I am currently using the Beta for testing and seems to work fine with 50% races
Hi Andy, I didn't have much time to test so I am going to ask you a question based on the strategy graphics at the beginning of the race.

I am running 50% races. With this 2.5 mod i can see both S - M - M and M - H in Bahrain, with the 2 stops strategy forecast to be 5-6 seconds slower.

With your beta mod the soft compounds don't really last and lose a lot of performance, therefore it's likely that we will see more mediums and hards used. But in 2021 we are not able to choose the compounds for the weekend, therefore having only one hard I am worried that I will only see medium hard strategies. According to the cliff line, the hard compounds almost don't lose lap time with wear, is this correct? I am worried that this makes the 1 stop medium - hard strat OP compared to the AI as you don't lose a lot of performance.

So my question is: which version do you recommend me to use for my 50% races that still makes the softer compounds usable but not overused by the AI? Of course in the vanilla game I am tired of seeing the AI never using the hards, but I also don't want the softs to be forgotten, kind of a compromise between the 2 situations.

Is the tyre situation affecting the AI as well, meaning that if they cannot cool down or heat up the tyres properly can incurr in more mistakes? Or it affects more us as humans? Of course, I know that the files have an effect on the AI but I wanted to know more from you, whether you noticed some effects. I usually play with some more dirty air and slipstream with a little bit more sensitive damage therefore in 2020 your mod also helped to create some "situations".

Another thing: does the tyres ERP file allow you to create more tyre wear when you're following in dirty air? If yes, is this effect implemented in your mods?

Thank you for elaborating! Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Enrique

The beta is heavily towards softs being a qualifying tyre only, so I would say the standard version is better for you.

AI is effected by temps and wear. But they are very good at managing it. So instead of overheating you will find them going a little slower on long corners.

The tyres erp doesnt allow more wear in dirty air. it allows less/more grip for higher/lower temps or track wetness. Less grip means more sliding which does increase wear and temperatures.

In my other punctures mod instead of increasing dirty air (as I find this makes the ai very unstable and also stops them attempting overtaking) I have decreased the power of drs and overtake boost. This makes overtaking much harder. I may make changes to make both even less powerful but I dont want to stop the ai overtaking the player and each other. This could lead to really boring races

Last edited:
Any thoughts on overheating in v0.3? Better?

I have tested with default setups and pressures on spa with hards and softs. I find the tyres are actually a little cold and pressures need to be upped which I think is fine for a track with long straights like spa

Last edited:
Great mod at all. in dry conditions it's great driving, for whatever reason car is by far more controlable at the limits. But in wet conditions, especially when the race is 90% dry, but just a section is wet, I am really struggeling finding some grip. any advice how to get better performance in wet coditions?

Last edited:
Great mod at all. in dry conditions it's great driving, for whatever reason car is by far more controlable at the limits. But in wet conditions, especially when the race is 90% dry, but just a section is wet, I am really struggeling finding some grip. any advice how to get better performance in wet coditions?
Hi Mazore

Glad you are enjoying the mod.

Wet driving is much more real with the mod, so slow increase of throttle and back off if you feel the rear twitch. Change brake bias and differential to help. It will feel slow but you will find you are catching the ai.
You wont want to stay out long on slicks when it starts raining but how long depends on how heavy the rain is. Light rain I have remained on slicks for many laps. Anything heavier and its a case of getting back to pits asap.

The unmodded game is very easy when it rains to make it accessible for all. It really doesnt have much effect till the track is completely soaking wet. The mod adds that slippery greasy part when it has just started raining, its possible to drive on but it wants to throw you into the barrier if you push too hard

Last edited:
Is it me or wet condition races are much harder? I mean, I'm ok with the increased realism, but the AI doesn't seem to be affected by the changes of wet grip levels and I have to reduce more the difficulty in order to remain competitive.

By the way I just restarted playing F1 2021 with this mod and I was super happy when I saw a Spanish GP (50% race) with many different strategies along the grid: S-M, S-H, M-H, H-M and even a couple of S-M-M!

Last edited:
Is it me or wet condition races are much harder? I mean, I'm ok with the increased realism, but the AI doesn't seem to be affected by the changes of wet grip levels and I have to reduce more the difficulty in order to remain competitive.

By the way I just restarted playing F1 2021 with this mod and I was super happy when I saw a Spanish GP (50% race) with many different strategies along the grid: S-M, S-H, M-H, H-M and even a couple of S-M-M!
Wet weather is harder but with practice you will be able to lap consistently and catch ai, going slower than normal game is key. The standard game a wet track doesn't really matter as you can drive the same way as dry track

• Deleted member 408599

I have a question. Now there are three folders... Do you have to copy it to all three, or just "F1 2021"?

Attachments

• Inkedunknown_2022.03.21-16.31 (2)_LI.jpg
    Inkedunknown_2022.03.21-16.31 (2)_LI.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Deleted member 408599

I would love for the temperature of the F2 tires to drop faster... What line should be touched, so that the temperature drops faster?

<WorkEnergyRate value="" />
<RollEnergyRate value="" />
<HeatGradient value="" />
<SpecificHeatCapacity value="" />
<CoefHeatTransferConstant value="" />
<CoefHeatTransferLinear value="" />
<CoefHeatTransferQuadratic value="" />

You'll need to mess with these lines for each compound. Would suggest starting by dropping roll energy rate, this will slow how much heat you get from corners.

The other way is changing CoefHeatTransferConstant. This is the rate of heat the tyres will take in and let out. Lower the number and you will need to work the tyre harder to heat it, but once its hot it will loose heat more slowly so its a double edge sword.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 408599

<WorkEnergyRate value="" />
<RollEnergyRate value="" />
<HeatGradient value="" />
<SpecificHeatCapacity value="" />
<CoefHeatTransferConstant value="" />
<CoefHeatTransferLinear value="" />
<CoefHeatTransferQuadratic value="" />

You'll need to mess with these lines for each compound. Would suggest starting by dropping roll energy rate, this will slow how much heat you get from corners.

The other way is changing CoefHeatTransferConstant. This is the rate of heat the tyres will take in and let out. Lower the number and you will need to work the tyre harder to heat it, but once its hot it will loose heat more slowly so its a double edge sword.
Thank you very much. It’s already a must-have this mod for me. I love how fast the tires cool down when you slow down. A greeting!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%