Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Even George Russell started on Hards and pitted first at lap 21. Hard to soft. I think there is a problem
Ok I will have a look

The new tracks are always a problem, Codemasters ai calculation doesnt get updated very quickly so they can have strange pit stops. Have you seen it on any other of the more long term tracks like SilverStone?
I think the soft is the strongest tyre and its so tight between doing a 1 stop and 2 stop the ai are making strange decisions.

Just to check, did you see in the race director any of the pits stops such as Russell were for front wing damage?

Last edited:
Monza 50% race, track temperature 33°C. Everyone started on softs. I think a more realistic scenario would be with many Mediums instead. Maybe C4 degrade happens too slowly?

Ok I will have a look

The new tracks are always a problem, Codemasters ai calculation doesnt get updated very quickly so they can have strange pit stops. Have you seen it on any other of the more long term tracks like SilverStone?
I think the soft is the strongest tyre and its so tight between doing a 1 stop and 2 stop the ai are making strange decisions.

Just to check, did you see in the race director any of the pits stops such as Russell were for front wing damage?
No, none of the pit stops for front wing damage. Hards pitted first mediums pitted second and the softs pitted last.

Monza 50% race, track temperature 33°C. Everyone started on softs. I think a more realistic scenario would be with many Mediums instead. Maybe C4 degrade happens too slowly

Monza 50% race, track temperature 33°C. Everyone started on softs. I think a more realistic scenario would be with many Mediums instead. Maybe C4 degrade happens too slowly?
Good point. And also i think hard compounds should be used more in race instead of softs. Hards almost never used. Can some tweaks be done for this?

OK yes this can be done. The hard part is that everything is linked. So the hard at one track say C3 is also the soft at another, as you make C3 better so more cars use it, which then make it stronger so on another track everyone uses softs. Its a real balancing act where you make a change and have to follow through the knock on effects

Last edited:
A small feedback after Japanese and USA GP (50%, MyTeam)
The temperatures are gorgeous, I had to adapt my setup to avoid overheating C3 and C2 (soft - medium) tyres in Japan and also in USA C4 (soft) needed some tweaking. Superb experience!

What I am noticing in various GPs is the 1-stop strategy being still OP wrt the 2-stoppers. This is mainly due to the fact that having half of the laps available, you don't have enough time to regain the time lost for the extra pit stop (worn tyres are not that bad wrt fresh new). Moreover I see a big amount of the grid starting with softs even if in real life a medium/hard start is preferred. My personal feeling is that tyres overall degrade too slowly thus I can run softs from the beginning and still get away with my 1-stop and I also won't lose much time since my softs won't be that worn.

Last edited:
A small feedback after Japanese and USA GP (50%, MyTeam)
The temperatures are gorgeous, I had to adapt my setup to avoid overheating C3 and C2 (soft - medium) tyres in Japan and also in USA C4 (soft) needed some tweaking. Superb experience!

What I am noticing in various GPs is the 1-stop strategy being still OP wrt the 2-stoppers. This is mainly due to the fact that having half of the laps available, you don't have enough time to regain the time lost for the extra pit stop (worn tyres are not that bad wrt fresh new). Moreover I see a big amount of the grid starting with softs even if in real life a medium/hard start is preferred. My personal feeling is that tyres overall degrade too slowly thus I can run softs from the beginning and still get away with my 1-stop and I also won't lose much time since my softs won't be that worn.

Thanks for the feedback, I am working to try not make the softs the go to choice but it takes time to get it right. Your exactly right about pit stops taking the same amount of time regardless of race length. The issue is to fix for 50% it then makes 100% races 3-4 stops. 25% races will only ever be 1 stop for the same reason.

Glad to hear the temperatures are right and working well. You should also see that not driving 100% pace will see temperatures drop much faster than before (v2 and above)?

Dry to wet (and wet to dry) should also now be better. Not just a sudden drop of grip but enough to make inters best option as the rain falls and the track get wetter (based on Norris experience in last GP)

Last edited:
Glad to hear the temperatures are right and working well. You should also see that not driving 100% pace will see temperatures drop much faster than before (v2 and above)?
Yup! Tyre temp reduces a lot faster! I didn't test it but a nice addition that could be done is that harder compounds will take longer to heat up and will also cool down slower, while softer compounds are faster to heat up/cool down.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%