F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Did you replace the files in both `2021-custom-devonbutler_helmet.erp` and `2021-custom-devonbutler.erp`? What settings are you using for exporting the `.dds` file from Photoshop?

Cheers
No, but I decided to try it with the Aiden Jackson helmet and it worked perfectly. For some reason the game files I just re-verified do not contain the _helmet.erp file for Devon Butler. Very strange, as they have them for the other helmets like Jackson and Akkerman. Thanks for helping, just glad I got it working. Thought I'd use Devon Butler as some of the other mods I use tend to use the other driver helmets.

The helmet looks a bit dark in game and the shadows are really strong on it but I wonder if it is more to do with the _s file colour.

Last edited:
Hi i was wondering if it was possible to convert a livery already made in my case a custom akkerman livery to a paint file(the paint files on the original f1 cars which determine the colour of the car) or if not can someone send me a template to the paint files.

My goal is to have my custom myTeam livery on the alpine chassis if there is an other way of doing that please let me know

Thanks.

Hey guys, I need a bit of help here.

I'm trying to create a full team package for myself for My Team. Everything is working fine except for the crew related stuff.

I'm using Modular Mods and saved the files in the same format as the template suggested but then, literally nothing showed up ingame except for the dual monitor background. After that, I downloaded a My Team package from RD to check whether I can actually get it to work, and the answer was yes. I imported my stuff in that package and they show up now (despite not saving my files any differently!) but in a weird way. It's as if the game is trying to show both the generic team wear (which I set as neon green) and what I imported as well (which is black) so now the team shirts are dark green. Can anyone help what did I do wrong?
Bump?

Little bit of update since then, the only three things that refuse to work are the team shirts (or race crew shirts), the umbrellas and the rainjackets. The race crew shirt is what annoys me the most.

Hi i was wondering if it was possible to convert a livery already made in my case a custom akkerman livery to a paint file(the paint files on the original f1 cars which determine the colour of the car) or if not can someone send me a template to the paint files.

My goal is to have my custom myTeam livery on the alpine chassis if there is an other way of doing that please let me know

Thanks.
heum no, there is no convertion for that, simply the 3d model isnt the same. The only thing you can do is to use FOM car on the Alpine team and use your livery. Even redoing your livery on the Alpine isnt a good solution because all F1 car are limited on the liberty on the design

Bump?

Little bit of update since then, the only three things that refuse to work are the team shirts (or race crew shirts), the umbrellas and the rainjackets. The race crew shirt is what annoys me the most.
There is no F1 2021 3D model available, (not that I know of), for the crew shirts, rain jackets or umbrellas.
They changed the format slightly so using the 2020 3D model doesn't work, what you would have to do is, in Photoshop, use an F1 2021 file or a mod you find in here as a template, layer it over your design, reduce the opacity of the 2021 file, for placement purposes and use it as a guide. It can be a trial and error process but it can be done.

There is no F1 2021 3D model available, (not that I know of), for the crew shirts, rain jackets or umbrellas.
They changed the format slightly so using the 2020 3D model doesn't work, what you would have to do is, in Photoshop, use an F1 2021 file or a mod you find in here as a template, layer it over your design, reduce the opacity of the 2021 file, for placement purposes and use it as a guide. It can be a trial and error process but it can be done.
I think you misunderstood me, but thank you for the reply.

The problem isn't that I have no templates, I exported those from the original Modular Mods files.

The problem is that the rain jackets and umbrellas don't show up ingame at all, while the crew shirts look as if they have two textures on them. One that I've created and is supposed to be black with some logos on it, and the other being the generic team color which is neon green.

This is how they show up ingame. I guess the issue is that I'm saving the .dds files incorrectly but I've already tried saving them in different ways (DXT1, BC1, BC7 SRGB etc.) and the result has almost always been the same. They either look like in the picture below or with slightly "richer" colour.

fk.png

I think you misunderstood me, but thank you for the reply.

The problem isn't that I have no templates, I exported those from the original Modular Mods files.

The problem is that the rain jackets and umbrellas don't show up ingame at all, while the crew shirts look as if they have two textures on them. One that I've created and is supposed to be black with some logos on it, and the other being the generic team color which is neon green.

This is how they show up ingame. I guess the issue is that I'm saving the .dds files incorrectly but I've already tried saving them in different ways (DXT1, BC1, BC7 SRGB etc.) and the result has almost always been the same. They either look like in the picture below or with slightly "richer" colour.

View attachment 571508
All crew and pitwear should always be saved BC1 4bpp (SRGB 10+)
However, the .s file should be saved as BC1 4bpp (Linear)
The .m file sometimes can be a tricky one too.
I suggest you download any of my My Team full package mods and use the .m and .s files in there. You can also use any of my rainjacket and crew wear designs and then alter to your taste and see if that helps.

Thanks.
heum no, there is no convertion for that, simply the 3d model isnt the same. The only thing you can do is to use FOM car on the Alpine team and use your livery. Even redoing your livery on the Alpine isnt a good solution because all F1 car are limited on the liberty on the design
Thanks for your reply can you explain simply how i would use FOM car on the Alpine team

Thanks again.

Hello,

I'm looking to reduce the wear reduction of reliability upgrades.
In each ERP cars files, we have this kind of value at the end :

<WearMGUHRate value="0.80" op="*" />
<WearCERate value="0.80" op="*" />
<WearCEDVibrationRate value="0.80" op="*" />
<WearICERate value="0.80" op="*" />

I assume that if I increase the value, for example, from 0.8 to 0.95, I will reduce the gain of an upgrade from 20% to 5%. I'm right ?

Hey guys, I'm trying to swap Matsushita's head for Casper Akkerman's. I've got the face and helmet okay, but he now has the face of Akkerman and the head shape of Matsushita... anyone know how I can sort this?

I tried a tutorial from F1 2020 but it seems some of the process is different and it's not working the same

Hey guys, back with another question.

I can't seem to make the FOM swap work. I install the files correctly but they don't change anything ingame.

Installing it is quite straightforward so I don't know what am I doing wrong. Are there any requirements for that that I don't know of?

Hey guys, back with another question.

I can't seem to make the FOM swap work. I install the files correctly but they don't change anything ingame.

Installing it is quite straightforward so I don't know what am I doing wrong. Are there any requirements for that that I don't know of?
Ensure that you have the latest MM base file installed, you should be running: Modular Mods - Base Files_1.05, then download: Modular Mods - FOM-Swap F1 Teams Templates_1.02, pick the file you want to use ie. Mercedes, open with Ego Archiver and substitute the first file, in this case: "livery_fom_mercedes_d.tif" with whatever car file you want to use, save it, then drag and drop the package into your "Active" file. Other than that I don't know what could be going wrong, you could try reinstalling the MM base file.

Yeah, my Modular Mods files are up to date and I already tried reinstalling them but that didn't help either. Appearantly everything is correct so I'm truly lost. It must be something with the MM files though because the game doesn't even acknowledge the FOM swap itself, let alone the liveries.

Yeah, my Modular Mods files are up to date and I already tried reinstalling them but that didn't help either. Appearantly everything is correct so I'm truly lost. It must be something with the MM files though because the game doesn't even acknowledge the FOM swap itself, let alone the liveries.
If I were you I would try contacting the author directly, he might be able to help you then

Novice here with 2 novice questions.

1. I've installed some mods I don't like. If I uninstall, then re-install (Steam) will that erase all the mods?

2. If I re-install will that erase my career save game? I'm guessing, "No," but I just want to be sure.

Thank you.

Novice here with 2 novice questions.

1. I've installed some mods I don't like. If I uninstall, then re-install (Steam) will that erase all the mods?

2. If I re-install will that erase my career save game? I'm guessing, "No," but I just want to be sure.

Thank you.
If you have used Modular Mods then they will remain but you will have to copy the files from the Active folder to your desktop, reinstall MM and paste them back into the new Active folder. If not, you could always make a back up with all the folders that have mods in them, reinstall Steam and copy them back into the game as a Steam reinstall will return the game to its default settings.
A reinstall won't affect your save games

If you have used Modular Mods then they will remain but you will have to copy the files from the Active folder to your desktop, reinstall MM and paste them back into the new Active folder. If not, you could always make a back up with all the folders that have mods in them, reinstall Steam and copy them back into the game as a Steam reinstall will return the game to its default settings.
A reinstall won't affect your save games
Thank you very much for the help.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes