F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hey, thanks for a helpfull reply.

1. Yes i used a cracked version of Photoshop :)
2. I did, DDS. the screenshot i sent is what i selected,
3. Yes the suit, helmet and gloves.erp

So i guess i have to verify my files and do it again without the s, m and n_'s?

Thanks for the reply and i hope you help me soon again!
Regards TriceView attachment 564024

View attachment 564025
Your `TEXTURE TYPE` is incorrect. :( There is no need for Alpha with this race suit so you should only be using the `COLOR` selection in `TEXTURE TYPE`. Everything else is correct. Try with those settings and reimport into EEA.

Cheers

Your `TEXTURE TYPE` is incorrect. :( There is no need for Alpha with this race suit so you should only be using the `COLOR` selection in `TEXTURE TYPE`. Everything else is correct. Try with those settings and reimport into EEA.

Cheers
Okay, i'll try that. One last question, Only the suit or everything except the car? so the same with the pit crew helmet and suits and everything?

Okay, i'll try that. One last question, Only the suit or everything except the car? so the same with the pit crew helmet and suits and everything?
FYI, I only mod cars, helmets, and race suits, so I have no idea what settings are used with regards to pit crew etc. :O_o: AFAIK, the only use for `COLOR + ALPHA` is for `DECAL` files, which is the only time I use that option. Hope that helps. :)

You shouldn't be blanking the `_s` file, and you never want to blank the _n on a race suit either way. Further more If you're using the `deluxe` livery you shouldn't have to touch the `_m` file as, afaik, it's not a race suit with colours that can be changed.

Most likely the issue is your texture map, your conversion process, or how you are modifying the `.erps`

1. What program are you editing in? Photoshop?
2. What export settings are you using to create you `.dds` files?
3. Have you added your texture to all 3 Deluxe`.erp` files?

Cheers
But can i blank the s_ on the others like the visor and the wing of the helmet?

But can i blank the s_ on the others like the visor and the wing of the helmet?
Sure. The `_s` is the specular map and just determines the finish. AFAIK, if it doesn't find a spec map then it will just give you a default material finish. Usually a lot of modders just use a solid green or orange image file to get an overall matte or glossy look.

Last edited:
Sure. The `_s` is the specular map and just determines the finish. AFAIK, if it doesn't find a spec map then it will just give you a default material finish. Usually a lot of modders just use a solid green or orange image file to get an overall matte or glossy look.
Thanks mate, you really helped me I've fixed it!

If you mean to use a number tooken by an other driver for your own driver, simply open the ERP of the team, extract the desire number, like extract number 2, go to number 70 in ERP import the number 2 files. Like this when you choose number 70 in game, number 2 will be showen on the car
Great, so this would then work with the number 1 as well and hopefully will let me use number 1 in my first year.

Hey guys, I need a bit of help here.

I'm trying to create a full team package for myself for My Team. Everything is working fine except for the crew related stuff.

I'm using Modular Mods and saved the files in the same format as the template suggested but then, literally nothing showed up ingame except for the dual monitor background. After that, I downloaded a My Team package from RD to check whether I can actually get it to work, and the answer was yes. I imported my stuff in that package and they show up now (despite not saving my files any differently!) but in a weird way. It's as if the game is trying to show both the generic team wear (which I set as neon green) and what I imported as well (which is black) so now the team shirts are dark green. Can anyone help what did I do wrong?

Hi, I am currently working on a mod of the 2014 Lotus E22 and I would like change the tyre rims to the gold colour that was on the original car rather than just the plain default ones. It would set the whole mod off nicely but I am at a loss just how to do it. The attached photo is what I am looking for
Any help would be grateful

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 65
Hi, I am currently working on a mod of the 2014 Lotus E22 and I would like change the tyre rims to the gold colour that was on the original car rather than just the plain default ones. It would set the whole mod off nicely but I am at a loss just how to do it. The attached photo is what I am looking for
Any help would be grateful
It is the "lotus_wheel_d.tif" in "lotus_erp" that contains this texture so that is what you need to change.

Hi. I'm having trouble importing a DDS into the game for a helmet. I've done it numerous times on previous F1 games but on 2021 I can't seem to get it to work. Last night I had the helmet in the game but it was completely blurry. Today I've re-verified the files in Steam and tried again and now all I am getting is a plain white helmet. Something must be working as I have managed to make the helmet, visor strip and wing all plain white, but I just cannot get the game to recognise the design.

I am trying to replace the Devon Butler helmet, although when downloading mods people seem to replace the Aiden Jackson or Casper Ackermann helmet, is there a reason for this?

Using photoshop, the Intel plug in for DDS files, and importing the texture using EEA 8.0.1. I have made a plain green file for the _s.tif to make the helmet glossy.

Thanks

Hi. Is it possible to move drivers from team to team in career mode? The AI made some crazy moves (LH to Haas and MV to Alpha Tauri) that I'd like to fix.

Sorry if this has been asked a millions times. I searched but probably used the wrong terms.

Thanks!

Hi. I'm having trouble importing a DDS into the game for a helmet. I've done it numerous times on previous F1 games but on 2021 I can't seem to get it to work. Last night I had the helmet in the game but it was completely blurry. Today I've re-verified the files in Steam and tried again and now all I am getting is a plain white helmet. Something must be working as I have managed to make the helmet, visor strip and wing all plain white, but I just cannot get the game to recognise the design.

I am trying to replace the Devon Butler helmet, although when downloading mods people seem to replace the Aiden Jackson or Casper Ackermann helmet, is there a reason for this?

Using photoshop, the Intel plug in for DDS files, and importing the texture using EEA 8.0.1. I have made a plain green file for the _s.tif to make the helmet glossy.

Thanks
minimap... you forget it

I have done the minimaps, game directory is set and they were auto picked up and I was able to overwrite them as required.
Did you replace the files in both `2021-custom-devonbutler_helmet.erp` and `2021-custom-devonbutler.erp`? What settings are you using for exporting the `.dds` file from Photoshop?

Cheers

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Forum trophies