F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hello,

(edit)
I deleted my question. I finally succeed to change all the galactic liveries (car, gloves, helmet, boots, driver suit ...). The small trap is on _m textures, i used an empty texture.
So, now, i'm able to use 5 slots for differents set of cars/gloves/ helmet/boots/driver suit :laugh: .

Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
There is anyone have use the Intergalactic livery as base for their own livery. I tried to use it, the livery is visible is a import only the _D (diffusal), but as soon i put a blank _M (Mask) the car became all black.

So for the M i tried
No alpha in BC7
Alpha all black in BC7
Alpha all white in BC7

Still in game the car is all blakc.... so what i miss

There is anyone have use the Intergalactic livery as base for their own livery. I tried to use it, the livery is visible is a import only the _D (diffusal), but as soon i put a blank _M (Mask) the car became all black.

So for the M i tried
No alpha in BC7
Alpha all black in BC7
Alpha all white in BC7

Still in game the car is all blakc.... so what i miss
I put an empty 8x8 texture for the M.
Nothing more.

The only one difficulty is for the visor_attachements_m inside l01.
There is no ... _D to use. I think the D is purple and can't be modifiable. So i used the M with the "good" color to obtain a white/dark purple-gray for this part in game.

For all others parts (car livery, boots, suit, helmet ...) i used only the D, and an empty M texture (empty = 8x8 BC7).

Another funny tip for the galactic livery : you can change the decals on it in game ;) . For example you can change/add a personnal stickers :D .

Galacticstickers.PNG

t's not possible for the others legendary liveries.

Last edited:
After a race at Abu Dhabi, i watched the replay at the end and i discovered a blowing up of the front right tire for a AI car during the race :confused: . The bot came back a low speed (yellow flag) and did a pit stop, and he finished the race.

My damage settings were on simulation.

Anybody knows which parameters used to "play" on that ? The puncture due to wear don't work on bots. But perhaps i missed something.

Last edited:
[ Blistering ]
I was looking through the tyrecompund.xml file, and I noticed a section, for each compound, named <BlisterGrip> (with x axis from -1 to +1 and y all set to 1) as well as related lines <BlisterRate> (set to 0) <MinBlisteringTemperature> and <MaxBlisteringTemperature>.

So, blistering seems to be in the game, at least in conf files, despite being disabled. Anyone tried to fiddle with these lines? Any suggestion?

If the content is removed, no, it is not - it just serves as an empty template. But since RD pissed themselves again about this explanation (without even notifying me) already, because they never understand anything technical in terms of modding, you have to work it out on your own.
They rarely notify anyone they just yeet your technical explanation out of existence unfortunately.
Although you sometimes get a message on your notifications explaining it

Hey Guys I have a problem with F1 when I install mods (no matter if C&P or manual) the game only runs until the interview ends at the beginning. after that I get stuck in the loading screen. does anyone know what this is? if i use normal ingame liveries everything works fine

Hey Guys I have a problem with F1 when I install mods (no matter if C&P or manual) the game only runs until the interview ends at the beginning. after that I get stuck in the loading screen. does anyone know what this is? if i use normal ingame liveries everything works fine
Try to verify integrity of game files and install your mods again

Speaking of Tyre compounds, I see there are 7 of them in tyrecompounds.erp, namely:
SUP, SOF, MED, HAR, USO, HSO, SHA. I guess these are the tags from 2018 Pirelli compounds so Super Soft, Soft, Medium, Hard, Ultra Soft, Hyper Soft and Super Hard.
If I am correct, from 2019 on we use only HAR as C1, MED as C2, SOF as C3, USO as C4 and HSO as C5. Am I right?

Speaking of Tyre compounds, I see there are 7 of them in tyrecompounds.erp, namely:
SUP, SOF, MED, HAR, USO, HSO, SHA. I guess these are the tags from 2018 Pirelli compounds so Super Soft, Soft, Medium, Hard, Ultra Soft, Hyper Soft and Super Hard.
If I am correct, from 2019 on we use only HAR as C1, MED as C2, SOF as C3, USO as C4 and HSO as C5. Am I right?
I think it's ok.

Hi,
does anyone know what livery I could replace that would still allow me to change sponsors in game? I've added my livery as Butlers with no issue, I just want to be able to add sponsors in-game, thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.