F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
So far i've only tested it in my team, in China, the third race of the first season. In quali Russell is +2.8 behind polesitter Bottas. All mass values are the same except the one in the upgrade section, which is 31 for Williams, while its 18 for Mercedes.

Everything between the fueltank tags is the same for both cars. Both files are almost identical. I get the driver ratings part, but surely that doesn't make the gap between the teams almost 3 seconds?

Ok another scenario. What if I make the Williams weigh less until theyre like within one tenth of the Mercedes. Will this have any weird effects? Like them being super fast in Monaco and a lot slower in like China for example? If your car is heavier, are you generally slower on the straights, or slower in the corners? Or is it balanced?

So i've tested it another time. And I have found something very interesting. When I do the quali myself, I just set a one-shot lap time. I see Williams (Russell) will be around 1.8 - 2.1 seconds behind the Mercedes. When I simulate the session however, the Williams (Russell) is around 2.7 - 2.9 seconds behind the Mercedes. This is all in China, season 1 race 3 quali.

edit: Just tried normal Grand Prix mode at China. Williams still ~3s behind the Mercedes, both with simulation and if I drive a lap with another car myself.
Hey, how did u change this aero , drag and engine power ratings?

Short question. Was Ferrari's Pre Patch Aero better or worse than the current one? thanks

If I take over the drag and aero values from your mod for the Ferrari.

Have the updates for Drag and Aero been adapted to the new starting values?

From 1,092 drag to 1,060 drag. 2,067 downforce to 2,026.

The values are higher than the original ones. That would mean the updates should be smaller values.
Is that so ?

I hope you understand what i mean.
Question because I wanted to do it in the MyTeam career. And as the season progresses, the teams improve.

Last edited:
Short question. Was Ferrari's Pre Patch Aero better or worse than the current one? thanks

If I take over the drag and aero values from your mod for the Ferrari.

Have the updates for Drag and Aero been adapted to the new starting values?

From 1,092 drag to 1,060 drag. 2,067 downforce to 2,026.

The values are higher than the original ones. That would mean the updates should be smaller values.
Is that so ?

I hope you understand what i mean.
Question because I wanted to do it in the MyTeam career. And as the season progresses, the teams improve.
I will check the Ferrari aero pre patch and get back to you. No, I did not change the upgrades according to the better drag and aero in any case

What I noticed is. When I gave Williams the Alfa Romeo Aero. And Haas the Williams Aero.
Williams has a missing line in the VFL file. Why is that? Should it stay that way or does the missing line have to be inserted?
I copied out the lines and pasted them here:

Williams
<Upgrade name = "radUpgradeFrontDownforce">
<F1Tuning>
<AeroCoeffDragMaxLowerBound value = "0.8" />
<AeroCoeffDragMaxUpperBound value = "1.2" />

<Upgrade name = "radUpgradeRearDownforce">
</F1Aero>
<F1Tuning>

Haas
</F1Aero>
<F1Tuning>
<AeroCoeffDragMinLowerBound value = "0.8" />
<AeroCoeffDragMinUpperBound value = "1.2" />

</F1Aero>
<F1Tuning>

When I give RedBull and Alpha Tauri the lines of the Mercedes engine. Does the idle speed and fuel flow also have to be that of the Mercedes engine?

I mean these lines: (Mercedes)
<FuelTank>
<FuelBsfcMax value = "6.97E-05" />
<FuelBsfcMin value = "4.22E-05" />
<FuelLHV value = "42500.000000" />
<FuelOptimalRevs value = "995" />
<FuelOptimalTorque value = "561" />
<FuelRevsLinear value = "0.0003" />
<FuelTorqueLinear value = "0.003" />
<FuelCapacity value = "110" />

RedBull
<FuelTank>
<FuelBsfcMax value = "7.09E-05" />
<FuelBsfcMin value = "4.32E-05" />
<FuelLHV value = "42500.000000" />
<FuelOptimalRevs value = "995" />
<FuelOptimalTorque value = "547" />
<FuelRevsLinear value = "0.0003" />
<FuelTorqueLinear value = "0.003" />
<FuelCapacity value = "110" />
<COMY value = "0.14" />
<COMZ value = "0.165" />
<SizeX value = "0.7" />
<SizeY value = "0.3" />
<SizeZ value = "0.500000" />

When I switched engines I did change also the fuel tank.

I will check the aero in the vtf files from Williams and Alfa and will let you know shortly

About the upgrades, I am afraid I cannot answer, I did try to adapt some upgrades like engine and chassis as I could just copypaste the lines but i don't remember what I did with aero

I am not a pro or an expert about modding, I created this mod just for fun and decided to share it here, I did what I could do with my limited knowledge so aero upgrades and keeping it balanced also in career would require a ton of work and testing that I am not able to do, so I am sorry if sometimes I cannot provide accurate answers. I think i can be more accurate after examining the files again a bit :)

Last edited:
When I switched engines I did change also the fuel tank.

I will check the aero in the vtf files from Williams and Alfa and will let you know shortly

About the upgrades, I am afraid I cannot answer, I did try to adapt some upgrades like engine and chassis as I could just copypaste the lines but i don't remember what I did with aero

I am not a pro or an expert about modding, I created this mod just for fun and decided to share it here, I did what I could do with my limited knowledge so aero upgrades and keeping it balanced also in career would require a ton of work and testing that I am not able to do, so I am sorry if sometimes I cannot provide accurate answers. I think i can be more accurate after examining the files again a bit :)
All good. Just thought you are more familiar with the matter. Not bad. I only asked out of interest.

It just struck me that the Williams VFL file was missing lines. Lines that other teams have.

Basically, you would have to calculate the basic value with the updates. * = multiply / = divide
But exactly how it works, I have no idea.
Do you know that video :
Something is explained there how the updates are calculated.

It doesn't matter that you couldn't help. Thanks anyway.

Then I will give RedBull and AlphaTauri the FuelTanks lines from the Mercedes.

I did some calculations myself. For drag and downforce from Ferrari. PrePatch, Curent and Mod.

I am, but not sure whether I have calculated everything correctly or whether I have forgotten something.

Curent, the Ferrari has roughly the third worst drag.

I would try the PrePatch Downforce with the Curent Drag for myself.
It should be close to your mod. And you have upgrade values for it.

With your mod, however, the drag (with upgrades) is not so much worse than the Curent drag.

prePatch Base min: 1.0546999 * 0.91 = 0.959776909 drag
Base max: 1.0192 * 0.91 = 0.927472

Base Front: 2.08550024 * 1.1 = 2.294050264 downforce
Base Rear: 2.34000015 * 1.11 = 2.5974001665

curent
Base min: 1.10769987 * 0.885 = 0.98031438495 drag
Base max: 1.07639992 * 0.885 = 0.9526139292

Base Front: 2.07475 * 1.11 = 2.3029725 downforce
Base Rear: 2.231 * 1.12 = 2.49872

Performance Mod
Base Min: 1.07059991 * 0.91 = 0.9742459181 drag
Base Max: 1.0503999 * 0.91 = 0.955863909

Base Front: 2.08550024 * 1.1 = 2.294050264 downforce
Base Rear: 2.3 * 1.11 = 2.553

One more funny thing I found out.

The curent Racing Point has the downforce of the PrePatch Ferrari.

Last edited:
Russell just got into Q3. WOW. In Austria.

I have the Williams with curent Alfa Romeo Drag and Aero. Weighing 746kg. Do you think it's enough to make the Williams quick? To Russell in qualification on position 11 to 14.

Was thinking of lowering the weight to 742kg for the Williams.

I also thought of giving the Racing Point / Aston Martin a weight of 740kg. Instead of 742kg.
Do you think it would be too good then?

I have the AlphaTauri with a Mercesdes engine, AlphaTauri Drag and Renault Aero. Weight of 742kg. Do you think the Mclaren Aero is too good for the AlphaTauri?

hello everyone, I raced in spa at 50% in my team career with difficulty at 90. about halfway through the race it started raining, then in about 15 laps there were 3 safety cars. I noticed that in my races there are always at least 2 safety cars and at least 4 dnf, it often happens that some opponent tries to overtake me and in the attempt they break the car or go off the track, this often causes the safety car to enter, however in Belgium there was an accident that resulted in 2 dnf and a safety car at the start of the race in the dry, then it started raining and there were 3 other safety cars but without dnf, there was no no accident, why does this happen? I am writing here because I believe this is due to the damage changes. Also in 12 races I have never experienced a virtual safety car

Wow @Shoya_525, great information and crazy data!

Basically about drag and aero I have a word file with all the values written down based on the level so I can choose combinations and also build new ones not present in game.

Something like this:
Alphatauri mia 1.039
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.0282" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="1.0503999" />
Old Alfa Romeo Media 1.040
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.0653" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="1.01399994" />
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.07059991" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="1.0192" />
Red Bull e mia Aston Martin - Media 1.047
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.04409993" />

So I can easily swap drags, and so I do with aero. Thank you for poiting out the upgrades coefficient as it is something I did not give it the importance it deserved.

In my opinion to know if Williams could reach Q3 with Russell you should find a way to write down your performance chart based on the values, so the maths will speak and You will know if it is likely that Williams can outperform other cars, also condidering the overall value of the drivers.

@mikidp1996 About the safety car coming out for no reason I never experienced such thing, I would say the game is providing a bugfest, I played with my mod and with the realistic damage version with no such thing happening...

obviously it was a bug in the game not due to the mod, I raced in Monza and Singapore, in Monza it also rained but I didn't have safety cars for no reason, only when there was a real accident. The mod is beautiful even if in my team mode the development of the various teams tends not to reflect reality, however it is normal.

obviously it was a bug in the game not due to the mod, I raced in Monza and Singapore, in Monza it also rained but I didn't have safety cars for no reason, only when there was a real accident. The mod is beautiful even if in my team mode the development of the various teams tends not to reflect reality, however it is normal.
Yes, even without a mod sometimes I had McLaren 3rd worst and Renault 2nd best, maybe I did not focus enough on the upgrade values because the outcomes are always unpredictable

I saw punctures and failures mod and wanted to use it simultaneously with your mod. I saw in the forum that you are using it or in any case you have used it together with your mod. At the moment I am using your mod in modular version. If I want to use the punctures mod will I just replace the files leaving your .erp file in the active folder? Or do I have to edit the individual lines by hand?
Now I'm wondering how modular mod works because I currently use your mod and the lucas designs 2021 season mod which for some teams uses modular mod, so I wonder at the end what happens, if the vtf file of your mod is read or the vtf file of the 2021 season mod. Are they merged? I can not understand

Last edited:
What I noticed is. When I gave Williams the Alfa Romeo Aero. And Haas the Williams Aero.
Williams has a missing line in the VFL file. Why is that? Should it stay that way or does the missing line have to be inserted?
I copied out the lines and pasted them here:

Williams
<F1Tuning>

</F1Aero>
<F1Tuning>

Haas
</F1Aero>
<F1Tuning>

</F1Aero>
<F1Tuning>
Out of interest I gave Williams the missing VFL file lines.

The game is running and not crashing so far. I continue to test whether it works.
I have no idea why these lines are missing from Williams. Maybe they were forgotten?
AlphaTauri drives according to the code with a Renault engine instead of a Honda. :cautious::roflmao:

Wow @Shoya_525, great information and crazy data!

Basically about drag and aero I have a word file with all the values written down based on the level so I can choose combinations and also build new ones not present in game.

Something like this:
Alphatauri mia 1.039
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.0282" />
Old Alfa Romeo Media 1.040
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.0653" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="1.01399994" />
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.07059991" />
<m_aero_cd_max value="1.0192" />
Red Bull e mia Aston Martin - Media 1.047
<m_aero_cd_min value="1.04409993" />

So I can easily swap drags, and so I do with aero. Thank you for poiting out the upgrades coefficient as it is something I did not give it the importance it deserved.

In my opinion to know if Williams could reach Q3 with Russell you should find a way to write down your performance chart based on the values, so the maths will speak and You will know if it is likely that Williams can outperform other cars, also condidering the overall value of the drivers.

@mikidp1996 About the safety car coming out for no reason I never experienced such thing, I would say the game is providing a bugfest, I played with my mod and with the realistic damage version with no such thing happening...
It's good that you have other configurations for the teams.

I saw punctures and failures mod and wanted to use it simultaneously with your mod. I saw in the forum that you are using it or in any case you have used it together with your mod. At the moment I am using your mod in modular version. If I want to use the punctures mod will I just replace the files leaving your .erp file in the active folder? Or do I have to edit the individual lines by hand?
Now I'm wondering how modular mod works because I currently use your mod and the lucas designs 2021 season mod which for some teams uses modular mod, so I wonder at the end what happens, if the vtf file of your mod is read or the vtf file of the 2021 season mod. Are they merged? I can not understand
Sorry for my late reply! I am working a lot so I cannot always answer at once, but now I can haha.

Actually to use my mod combined with AndyAndy's failure and puncture mod you will have to edit the VTF files by hand and car by car. Basically ModularMods makes it easier to import the VTF file for each car so it can then spread such information to the game, but there is only one performance file for the 10 cars, so either you use the one of my mod or the one from AndyAndy's. I did use AndyAndy's mod only on its own or only with a couple of lines edited for realistic damage, but I didn't merge it with my performance mod as ir would have been too much work to do.

Sorry for my late reply! I am working a lot so I cannot always answer at once, but now I can haha.

Actually to use my mod combined with AndyAndy's failure and puncture mod you will have to edit the VTF files by hand and car by car. Basically ModularMods makes it easier to import the VTF file for each car so it can then spread such information to the game, but there is only one performance file for the 10 cars, so either you use the one of my mod or the one from AndyAndy's. I did use AndyAndy's mod only on its own or only with a couple of lines edited for realistic damage, but I didn't merge it with my performance mod as ir would have been too much work to do.
Thanks for your reply, I was hoping for a solution that required less work. If I understand correctly to merge your mod with punctures mod I would have to use the vtf files of your mod as a base and manually edit all the modified lines in the punctures mod, this for each team. Really a lot of work

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping for a solution that required less work. If I understand correctly to merge your mod with punctures mod I would have to use the vtf files of your mod as a base and manually edit all the modified lines in the punctures mod, this for each team. Really a lot of work
Exactly... I did merge some mods with the ones by AndyAndy's in winter but I had a lot of spare time as we were under a soft lockdown and I was working from home and on a reduced schedule. This is also the reason why I was able to come up with my mod in the first place, now that my working schedule is full-time again and with minimal Covid-19 restrictions to our everyday life I would be never able to pull it off now! Let's see if updates are required to my mod, but honestly I hope not :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.