F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, I'm checking out your mod. It looks good, just one advice.
From what I understand of the values, in the base game the mercedes engine is the strongest, but has weaker upgrades (if all teams get the same r&d points, the other engines will close the distance).
I think you mixed up the Ferrari engine in that regard (assuming you didn't plan to do it). If you check line 1239 of the Ferrari file: <Upgrade name="radUpgradeEngine"> .. it has the upgrades value of the Mercedes instead of the new Ferrari. So Ferrari has a weaker engine and in opposite to Renault also weaker upgrades if people play a career.

These are the original (new version) Ferrari values, line 1242 forward, for the upgrade-tag if you need them:
<SplineElement x="0" y="0" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="1265.623" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="3204.637" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="6034.629" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="10812.81" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="17594.81" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="26581.42" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="38844.67" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="51597.66" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="63512.88" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="75744.19" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="83775.94" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="87034.06" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="89484" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="89335.13" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="88478.94" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="81619.19" op="+" />
<SplineElement x="0" y="45000" op="+" />
Nice shot, Flochs! I will definitely fix it by assigning Ferrari the upgrades they had after the original performance patch. This was unintentional as the upgrade lines were not touched for Ferrari but they did refer to the values they had pore-patch when the engine was top tier like Mercedes. Thank you very much, this will for sure improve the balance and the player experience in a career mode!

Very glad this comes before my release of version 1.9, so I will implement this right away in the new version.

Last edited:
very nice! thanks! its fun to play with this mod.

could you provide us with the exact lines that you edited to manually add them to the .xml file and thus be able to put this mod together with the failure and puncture system + realistic damage?

thanks! awesome work

very nice! thanks! its fun to play with this mod.

could you provide us with the exact lines that you edited to manually add them to the .xml file and thus be able to put this mod together with the failure and puncture system + realistic damage?

thanks! awesome work
Yes I could do this although the lines would be many, as it is not about the single line but about copypasting entire Sectors sometimes. But in my opinion it would be better to do this the other way around, so using this performance mod as a base and editing the lines from the failure and punctures system, as they are already available and will be the same lines for every team. That's how I did it for merging that mod with other mods.

In 1.9 i will also review the upgrades based on the original game.

They are after the patch. I don't know which upgrade values Ferrari had originally before the patch, but I assume lower ones because generally all tier2 (weaker) engines seem to have in exchange higher upgrade values than the (tier1) mercedes engine in the game.
Many thanks for the answer. Here in the mod I think the Ferrari engine from before the patch was used.

No, Sorry, Ferrari engine is post patch
Many thanks for the answer. Here in the mod I think the Ferrari engine from before the patch was used.
, I used the Ferrari pre patch as a base and changed the engine and fuel lines to match the engine post patch (nerfed) but not the upgrades so they still refer to the old and more powerful engine, but I will fix it soon!

Last edited:
So, as i want to fix the engine upgrades for scuderia Ferrari, this will involve also Alfa Romeo as I used their pre patch performance as a base.

Considering the upgrades, I will also change AlphaTauri and Red Bull as now they still have the original Honda upgrades and as they have a top tier engine now, they are going to get too much advantage in developents.

I will also check the situation of the other cars, therefore the ETA will be delayed a little bit to release the one that I hope could be the final version!

Epic mod, loving it. Got a question though: is there a version of this mod with only the slipstream changes, but no performance and realistic damage? ERP Tool doesn't work properly on my machine and I would dearly appreciate the support.

Epic mod, loving it. Got a question though: is there a version of this mod with only the slipstream changes, but no performance and realistic damage? ERP Tool doesn't work properly on my machine and I would dearly appreciate the support.
With no performance do you mean the standard game but only with a modified slipstream?

If instead you mean my performance mod only with a change in slipstreaming and not damage, I could implement it on a new version. Version 1.9 will be delayed to next week as I did not have time to do it so far, sorry everyone!!

With no performance do you mean the standard game but only with a modified slipstream?

If instead you mean my performance mod only with a change in slipstreaming and not damage, I could implement it on a new version. Version 1.9 will be delayed to next week as I did not have time to do it so far, sorry everyone!!
Yeah, I'm interested in trying the slipstreaming change with the vanilla performance and damage, to spice up the game a little. So a version with only the slipstream change would make my day ^^

I am on Haas on mycareer, but me and Mick finished the both race and quali in front of Alfas and Williams. And how is happening the developement in career. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm interested in trying the slipstreaming change with the vanilla performance and damage, to spice up the game a little. So a version with only the slipstream change would make my day ^^
Hi Kashima,
If you want to try a different experience I suggest you to try the dirty air mod by Strongestfish, this gives you actually more downforce when following and it is fun.

I don't think I will release a vanilla version with only the value for slipstreaming changed as it is too much work to do just for a value and it is distant from the purpose of my performance mod, I am finding trouble to release version 1.9 because of tight work schedules so I cannot commit to other ideas or mods, I am very sorry!

Hi Kashima,
If you want to try a different experience I suggest you to try the dirty air mod by Strongestfish, this gives you actually more downforce when following and it is fun.

I don't think I will release a vanilla version with only the value for slipstreaming changed as it is too much work to do just for a value and it is distant from the purpose of my performance mod, I am finding trouble to release version 1.9 because of tight work schedules so I cannot commit to other ideas or mods, I am very sorry!
Well hope everything goes smooth irl. Waiting anixously for this mod.

Hi Kashima,

Sucks to be me, I guess :(

I've tried the dirty air mod by Strongestfish, but the main issue I've had with it is exactly the downforce gain when following other cars (which gets a bit absurd on some tracks), and I'd love to have only a slipstream increase so that the AI can overtake each-other more and then pull away in 50% races. I understand your time constraints though, just a bummer T_T

Sucks to be me, I guess :(

I've tried the dirty air mod by Strongestfish, but the main issue I've had with it is exactly the downforce gain when following other cars (which gets a bit absurd on some tracks), and I'd love to have only a slipstream increase so that the AI can overtake each-other more and then pull away in 50% races. I understand your time constraints though, just a bummer T_T
Do you have the Ego ERP? Do you know how to change VFL files?
Goes with a text program.
In the VFL you are looking for the <F1 Aero>. And there <m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value = "1.7" />
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value = "0.85" />

Hope could help.

Do you have the Ego ERP? Do you know how to change VFL files?
Goes with a text program.
In the VFL you are looking for the <F1 Aero>. And there <m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value = "1.7" />
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value = "0.85" />

Hope could help.
Unfortunately the ERP Tool does not work properly on my PC (.Net Core error, old PC), else I would've done it myself as you've just said, that's why I was looking for help in the first place. :(

For that reason, I would greatly appreciate support regarding increased slipstream only

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years