F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
EnriqueBanderas updated F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 with a new update entry:

1.9 FINAL VERSION RELEASED

Hello everyone,

Finally, I made it and released the final version of this performance mod. This should reflect the values seen until now, after the French GP. Many teams will now stop their developments to focus solely on 2022 so hopefully we won't witness any major changes from now on.

I hope You will have fun with this mod until F1 2021 comes out on July 16th, and even beyond if you are not planning to get it at day one. I will get it on Xbox myself so until 2022 I may not be able to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this work with ongoing career mode ?
and this mod effect to the updated R&D ?
It works meaning it will affect the performances of an ongoing career or myteam mode, but it's not guaranteed it will work as per my performance chart, it will be based on how much the teams have improved and where they are in your career. In any case the performance graphics in game will not change.

Hey, I believe this mod caused strict differences between teams, in my races verstappen always come out of top and ferrari is always in mid tier (9-11) also mclaren always in 5-6 exc. I think it resembles just real life but maybe you should upgrade ferrari and aston martin a bit. Because aston martin doing good job for now but in mod they are lower than alpha tauri and alphine. Also im curious that can we change this overall ratings? If there is a way to do it for regular players like us can u show or teach us to do it because in this way everyone can adjust ratings for their opinion so it would be better

Hey, I believe this mod caused strict differences between teams, in my races verstappen always come out of top and ferrari is always in mid tier (9-11) also mclaren always in 5-6 exc. I think it resembles just real life but maybe you should upgrade ferrari and aston martin a bit. Because aston martin doing good job for now but in mod they are lower than alpha tauri and alphine. Also im curious that can we change this overall ratings? If there is a way to do it for regular players like us can u show or teach us to do it because in this way everyone can adjust ratings for their opinion so it would be better
I think that Ferrari should not be higher, they are already 4th in my chart which is based on mathematic performance value. They are stronger in tecnhical circuits and weaker on straights. In my opinion right now Alphatauri is ahead of Aston Martin and I wanted to recreate this in the mod. But thank you for your opinion! Actually it is not easy for anybody to tweak values, it took me a lot of time and study to create this mod, even if I explained the procedure... Although in the overview section you can grasp its concept as I explained how I did it :)

Now I understand part of the message better. Actually I cannot change the overalls, the overalls in my charts are determined by a calculation of performance sectoes: engine, mass, aerodynamics and drag. I tried to study how to chamge the 4 parameters ro reflect real life values so if in your game McLaren is often 5-6 it is normal, because you have to consider that in absence of reirements there are already 4 stronger cars which are the 2 Red Bulls and Mercedes. Ferrari is better on technical circuits as I did gave them a very good aero package to the cost of additional drag (but still less compared to the original game) so it is understandable that they can suffer against other teams on higher top speed circuits.

All in all this year we are witnessing a very tight midfield and as per my charts Ferrari, Tauri and Alpine are very close to each other, I will keep your feedback about Aston Martin in consideration if they perform well enough in the future

I think that Ferrari should not be higher, they are already 4th in my chart which is based on mathematic performance value. They are stronger in tecnhical circuits and weaker on straights. In my opinion right now Alphatauri is ahead of Aston Martin and I wanted to recreate this in the mod. But thank you for your opinion! Actually it is not easy for anybody to tweak values, it took me a lot of time and study to create this mod, even if I explained the procedure... Although in the overview section you can grasp its concept as I explained how I did it :)

Now I understand part of the message better. Actually I cannot change the overalls, the overalls in my charts are determined by a calculation of performance sectoes: engine, mass, aerodynamics and drag. I tried to study how to chamge the 4 parameters ro reflect real life values so if in your game McLaren is often 5-6 it is normal, because you have to consider that in absence of reirements there are already 4 stronger cars which are the 2 Red Bulls and Mercedes. Ferrari is better on technical circuits as I did gave them a very good aero package to the cost of additional drag (but still less compared to the original game) so it is understandable that they can suffer against other teams on higher top speed circuits.

All in all this year we are witnessing a very tight midfield and as per my charts Ferrari, Tauri and Alpine are very close to each other, I will keep your feedback about Aston Martin in consideration if they perform well enough in the future
Thanks for the answer, All in all this is really good performance mod. There is no solution for you to fix some problems like Ricciardo is underperforming, if he does not underperform, he has to be 5-6 with Norris so there is no way to imitate it for you, sadly. And yes lets keep in eye for midfield cars just 1-3 races more where they should stop upgrading this seasons car and develop 2022 car. Then we can have clear idea for midfield cars standings so you can change it maybe next patch. In my opinion, midfield pack should be stand like this: Ferrari, AlphaTauri, AstonMartin, Alpine

Thanks for the answer, All in all this is really good performance mod. There is no solution for you to fix some problems like Ricciardo is underperforming, if he does not underperform, he has to be 5-6 with Norris so there is no way to imitate it for you, sadly. And yes lets keep in eye for midfield cars just 1-3 races more where they should stop upgrading this seasons car and develop 2022 car. Then we can have clear idea for midfield cars standings so you can change it maybe next patch. In my opinion, midfield pack should be stand like this: Ferrari, AlphaTauri, AstonMartin, Alpine
Thank you for your feedback. It is impossible to change the single AI driver values, therefore even if you play with 2021 mods and names changers the second Red Bull driver will have a rating of 78.

Yes, I will keep an eye on the midfield and see if it is necessary to deliver a final patch!

Hi, I tried to download 1.9, I wanted to know 2 things:
1 = in the graph in the game the performances remain the old ones, it is normal or they should change (I always find racing point second and the mclaren under the ferrari etc.)
2 = in the download you have put two folders (performance only and enhanced damage + drag, in the latter there is also performance only? Or if I wanted everything should I insert both? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Hi, I tried to download 1.9, I wanted to know 2 things:
1 = in the graph in the game the performances remain the old ones, it is normal or they should change (I always find racing point second and the mclaren under the ferrari etc.)
2 = in the download you have put two folders (performance only and enhanced damage + drag, in the latter there is also performance only? Or if I wanted everything should I insert both? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Hi ChocoBanana, no problem! Performance graphics don't change in game so it's normal to still see Racing Point high.

If you want to play both, just copy the second folder, this includes performance mod + damage + reduced drag

Man, how to adjust the difference between the drivers? For example GROSJEAN everytime comes first and Magnussen second. I Can Swap this? how configuration? its happen the same with Hamilton and bottas, the cars are the same but everytime Hamilton gonna be first

Man, how to adjust the difference between the drivers? For example GROSJEAN everytime comes first and Magnussen second. I Can Swap this? how configuration? its happen the same with Hamilton and bottas, the cars are the same but everytime Hamilton gonna be first
It is not possible to do it, the files in the database are not moddable. It would be awesome to adjust them but we can't do that

The only possible workaround could be swapping heads and names so that Grosjean gets Magnussen's performance and viceversa but I am not am expert about skin mods

Last edited:
It is not possible to do it, the files in the database are not moddable. It would be awesome to adjust them but we can't do that

The only possible workaround could be swapping heads and names so that Grosjean gets Magnussen's performance and viceversa but I am not am expert about skin mods
Enrique, Thats a great ideia... I believe that what i do wrong is that everytime i change the driver to the First driver(because naturally i believe thats the first is gonna be the faster) but theres no show in reality, right? In Ferrari for example, Vettel is the first, but the faster is Lecrerc.

Jo I have a question. It doesn't have anything to do with the mod, sorry for that, because I don't know who or where else to ask.

So lets say I want to make the Williams as fast / on par with Mercedes, so they're like within a tenth of a second between eachother, how do I do this? What I did is give them the same drag and aero as the Mercedes. So m_aero_cd_min and max being 1.06 and 1.04, and the front aero values around 2.1 and the rear aero values around 2.3/2.4. I also changed Williams' mass value to 740, just like Mercedes.

I didn't change anything else. The engine/fuel part is the same as the Mercedes right? Cos Williams has the Mercedes engine.

So these things closed the gap from Williams from about 3.5 seconds to Mercedes, to 2.7 seconds to Mercedes.

Now my question is, how is this possible? Also maybe another question: How can I bring them closer to Mercedes in the most balanced way possible? If I make the Williams like 700kg mass it will obviously be alot closer, but is that the best way to bring them closer?

Jo I have a question. It doesn't have anything to do with the mod, sorry for that, because I don't know who or where else to ask.

So lets say I want to make the Williams as fast / on par with Mercedes, so they're like within a tenth of a second between eachother, how do I do this? What I did is give them the same drag and aero as the Mercedes. So m_aero_cd_min and max being 1.06 and 1.04, and the front aero values around 2.1 and the rear aero values around 2.3/2.4. I also changed Williams' mass value to 740, just like Mercedes.

I didn't change anything else. The engine/fuel part is the same as the Mercedes right? Cos Williams has the Mercedes engine.

So these things closed the gap from Williams from about 3.5 seconds to Mercedes, to 2.7 seconds to Mercedes.

Now my question is, how is this possible? Also maybe another question: How can I bring them closer to Mercedes in the most balanced way possible? If I make the Williams like 700kg mass it will obviously be alot closer, but is that the best way to bring them closer?
Hi Brian, I think that you did everything good so far. As per what I remember, the 2 teams already share the same power unit, just take a look at the fuel tank mass just to see if on Williams it's heavier.

Which mode are you playing? Because if you are testing it in a My Team or Career mode already started, upgrades may have taken place both for Williams and Mercedes but likely more for Mercedes that usually got more resource points due to good performances and results.

Also worth to note, Bottas and Hamilton have both very high ratings compared to Russell and Latifi.

Enrique, Thats a great ideia... I believe that what i do wrong is that everytime i change the driver to the First driver(because naturally i believe thats the first is gonna be the faster) but theres no show in reality, right? In Ferrari for example, Vettel is the first, but the faster is Lecrerc.
You should check the ratings for the drivers in F1 2020, some sites published them. I think that Vettel is faster than Leclerc in F1 2020.

I know that Grosjean has a higher rating than Magnussen so as many mods feature Mazepin taking the spot of Grosjean because the French flag is similar to the Russian one and Schumacher taking the spot of Magnussen, often in Haas Mazepin finished ahead of Schumachee so a solution if you don't care about the flags could be to swap the 2 faces and appearances.

Hi Brian, I think that you did everything good so far. As per what I remember, the 2 teams already share the same power unit, just take a look at the fuel tank mass just to see if on Williams it's heavier.

Which mode are you playing? Because if you are testing it in a My Team or Career mode already started, upgrades may have taken place both for Williams and Mercedes but likely more for Mercedes that usually got more resource points due to good performances and results.

Also worth to note, Bottas and Hamilton have both very high ratings compared to Russell and Latifi.
So far i've only tested it in my team, in China, the third race of the first season. In quali Russell is +2.8 behind polesitter Bottas. All mass values are the same except the one in the upgrade section, which is 31 for Williams, while its 18 for Mercedes.

Everything between the fueltank tags is the same for both cars. Both files are almost identical. I get the driver ratings part, but surely that doesn't make the gap between the teams almost 3 seconds?

Ok another scenario. What if I make the Williams weigh less until theyre like within one tenth of the Mercedes. Will this have any weird effects? Like them being super fast in Monaco and a lot slower in like China for example? If your car is heavier, are you generally slower on the straights, or slower in the corners? Or is it balanced?

So i've tested it another time. And I have found something very interesting. When I do the quali myself, I just set a one-shot lap time. I see Williams (Russell) will be around 1.8 - 2.1 seconds behind the Mercedes. When I simulate the session however, the Williams (Russell) is around 2.7 - 2.9 seconds behind the Mercedes. This is all in China, season 1 race 3 quali.

edit: Just tried normal Grand Prix mode at China. Williams still ~3s behind the Mercedes, both with simulation and if I drive a lap with another car myself.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing