F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
So fare I am somewhat satisfied with the result. Of course if no one gets a dnf, it's hard to score points but there are 4 cars in front with strong drivers and performance + Alphatauri. I like that McLaren and Ferrari can score podiums given the right conditions and cars now are more close to each other. Aaah poor Latifi, still finishing last despite I'm trying everything against Haas ahahaha
IMG_20210422_174838.jpg

IMG_20210422_174857.jpg

Last edited:
Would you think the following tweaks may work?

- Slightly increase Red Bull in aero or lowering drag
- Put Alfa Romeo and Alpine closer
Waiting for your feedback, thanks!
About this, decided that Red Bull is ok the way it is. I am currently testing some minor tweaks in drag and mass in some teams to have a lowfield more. close to each other along with slightly stronger Alfa Romeo and AlphaTauri as the Faenza team is outperformed by the high Ferrari driver abilities in the game.

But I will release it only after Portimao provided the changes match what is happening in reality, I am curious to learn more from Alpine, Aston Martin and Alfa Romeo to be sure about their real performance values and see if their balancing in aero and drag and mass is fine. We'll see!

Can I install this in f1 2018 ? , or what line have u changed?
I edited several lines by swapping whole engine and aero sections from car to car, sometimes even the 2 lines of drag only to work more on the details.

If you check the spoiler with details in the overview section you can have an idea of what I did.

The easiest way to make a car slower or faster is by changing the value named "mass", not in the engine section but the next one. But I read in a topic by ParkYongLee and Strongestfish that this is the dirty way to do that, as more mass affects the player and the computer in different way and may cause problems in balance.

In the vtf files the engine section is a whole part from the very beginning and you can select it until the end of "fuel tank" and paste it to another car if you want to change engine performance. This is what I did for assigning the Mercedes engine to McLaren.

If you search "f1 aero" you have a shorter section that you can still copypaste from a car to the other and to know the aero performance you can check the r&d performance graphics in game to see who is stronger or weaker in that department.

The first 2 lines in f1aero refer on drag and if you calculate the average of the 2 lines you have the drag value for that car, you can also transfer the drag values from a car to the other. Or combine the min drag with a different max drag to create your own new average value.

About chassis in term of tyre consumption, this is something I did not edit as I don't know how this work.

Let me know about your progress!

the final turn of brazil and down the straight even with a good exit and drs and overtake I can't catch the alphas in my ferrari. and they come flying by me going the speed of light haha. i believe this was the most recent update with just the copy/paste performacne erps. i'm going to try the 1.3 on a restart and will give more info.

the final turn of brazil and down the straight even with a good exit and drs and overtake I can't catch the alphas in my ferrari. and they come flying by me going the speed of light haha. i believe this was the most recent update with just the copy/paste performacne erps. i'm going to try the 1.3 on a restart and will give more info.
Thank you for the precious feedback. Which mode are you playing? Did the Tauri have drs as well or not? Usually the a.i. use very low wings setup. Please let me know if this needs tweaks, although it may be possible. I think that drag tweaks may be enough to fix this

Last edited:
Thank you for the precious feedback. Which mode are you playing? Did the Tauri have drs as well or not? Usually the a.i. use very low wings setup. Please let me know if this needs tweaks, although it may be possible. I think that drag tweaks may be enough to fix this
this is driver career not myteam. i'm third on the performance chart. and no they did not have DRS. I was gaining but nowhere near as quick as they catch me

this is driver career not myteam. i'm third on the performance chart. and no they did not have DRS. I was gaining but nowhere near as quick as they catch me
Ok, understood. The performance chart that you see visually does not match the performance mod because changing the numeric values don't affect the visuals, unluckily. After driver career teams may have improved something, I did not change the multipliers, only the base values. In any way I kept the feedback in mind, I don't think that version 1.3 will help as Tauri had even less drag and I rebalanced it on 1.4.

When version 1.5 comes out I can tweak AlphaTauri's drag to balance its powerful engine, it will be coming soon alongside with other minor tweaks. I can even release it before Portimao!

Ok, understood. The performance chart that you see visually does not match the performance mod because changing the numeric values don't affect the visuals, unluckily. After driver career teams may have improved something, I did not change the multipliers, only the base values. In any way I kept the feedback in mind, I don't think that version 1.3 will help as Tauri had even less drag and I rebalanced it on 1.4.

When version 1.5 comes out I can tweak AlphaTauri's drag to balance its powerful engine, it will be coming soon alongside with other minor tweaks. I can even release it before Portimao!
but upgrades in driver career still enhance the car correct? alongside the underline values of the mod

Yes of course, upgrades still perform car enhancement based on the original intended multipliers. Are you in an advanced career where Tauri could have improved their engine more?
gasly is a tenth slower than bottas and a tenth faster than hamilton atm. i'm in the middle of the race haha. alt tab to give updates. so I can't check their engine upgrades til after. edit gasly had failure lol so couldnt gain any more pace but ended up about a second sloweer than the mercs and leclerc in the ferrari and the mclarens. i think everything is about right but maybe mclaren is too quick. they were posting fastest lap after fastest lap at the end

Last edited:
EnriqueBanderas updated F1 2020 Performance mod 2021 (BETA) with a new update entry:

Tweaks and rebalancing in the midfield

Hello everyone! This is version 1.7. It is so ahead that it just skipped versions 1.5 and 1.6, haha! Jokes aside, this is only to distinguish it from my versione 1.5 and 1.6 that I used for personal testing before releasing this one.

So what's going on with this version? Minor drag and aero tweaks in the midfield teams to rebalance drag and top speed. Alpine and Alfa Romeo should now be closer to each other as per the results in Bahrain and Imola. Haas decreased even more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can we use your Mod in My Team season ?
The rar file contain "performance_f1_team.erp file but not the performance_myteam.erp .
I suppose the included erp file is not seen by the program when playing My Team season.
Thanks you.
Hi! In the standard only Performance mod, there are no myteam files because they were not touched, as my team cars are not present in real life they didn't need rebalancing. But the modifications of cars will be active also in my team modes. As some low field cars were improved except Haas, your myteam car will maybe start lower down the grid.

If you use the other version instead you will find the files for myteam cars as I dis modify general damage and drag also for them.

Hi! In the standard only Performance mod, there are no myteam files because they were not touched, as my team cars are not present in real life they didn't need rebalancing. But the modifications of cars will be active also in my team modes. As some low field cars were improved except Haas, your myteam car will maybe start lower down the grid.

If you use the other version instead you will find the files for myteam cars as I dis modify general damage and drag also for them.
Hi,
Understood ! .. I was wondering how it was working with my Team season. Thanks for this clarification.
So, I have nothing to touch after I put performance_f1_teams.erp file into modular Active folder, to get it working also in My Team mode. I think I will see all differences after starting a new carrer in My Team.

Hi,
Understood ! .. I was wondering how it was working with my Team season. Thanks for this clarification.
So, I have nothing to touch after I put performance_f1_teams.erp file into modular Active folder, to get it working also in My Team mode. I think I will see all differences after starting a new carrer in My Team.
Exactly! But the graphics and performance charts in game unfortunately will not match the values of the modified files because they do not change automatically accordingly, so you will see the effects only in race... You will see Racing Point 3rd fastest but it's not matching the performance on track. This is a side effect

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.