F1 2020 F1 2020 | New Game Trailer And Launch Announcement

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed the next instalment of the long running F1 franchise will release this July - with quite a few new additions under the hood.

That's right, despite the real world Formula One season having yet to start, it looks highly likely that Codemasters will be the first out of the blocks to bring Grand Prix racing to the general public - with the launch of F1 2020 expected to land this coming July.

The latest F1 game will of course contain the new cars and drivers of Formula One 2020 style, plus the returning and revised Zandvoort Circuit alongside a new street course in Vietnam, adding up to the full 22 race calendar that should have been run in the real world series.

Check out the launch trailer below:

As you can see from the trailer, customisation is looking to play a large part in the 2020 edition of the game, with players now able to create their own team and race alongside the stars of 2020 thanks to the introduction of the 'My Team' feature.

In 'My Team', players can enjoy a new driver-manager experience and car customisation, something that Codemasters will preview more in depth as the studio build towards a full game release over the next couple of months.

Also new for F1 2020 is the inclusion of split screen mode for local multiplayer action, and F2 also makes a welcome return after debuting in F1 2019.

The press release can be read in full below:

In a series of firsts for the F1® franchise, F1® 2020 offers ‘My Team’. This major new game mode allows players to create their F1® team and take their place alongside the established 2020 line-up, with a new driver-manager experience offering a unique insight into the world of F1®.

My Team and the well-established and critically acclaimed Career mode will allow players more flexibility with the choice of three season lengths. Players can choose from the original full 22 race season, and shorter 10 and 16 race season options, which now includes Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort.

For social play with friends, two-player split-screen makes its welcome return, alongside a host of new options designed to help new players and adjust the F1® challenge to match their expertise. These modes are in addition to the core F1® and F2™ racing experiences which remain as challenging as ever for those who love the intensity of simulation racing.

Fans who purchase the F1® 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Edition will get to drive as the legendary German driver Michael Schumacher in four of his most iconic cars. Players will also receive exclusive content including themed car liveries and driver customisation items, including a unique podium celebration. The four cars included in the F1® 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Edition are:

• 1991: Jordan 191
  • 1994: Benetton B194
  • 1995: Benetton B195
  • 2000: Ferrari F1-2000

Additionally, to celebrate the Seventieth Anniversary of Formula 1® itself, fans who pre-order or purchase the Schumacher Deluxe Edition or the ‘F1® 2020: F1® Seventy Edition’ will receive an exclusive set of in-game items. A Limited Edition F1® 2020 Steelbook will also be available in local markets via selected retailers.

"F1® 2020 promises to be our biggest and most innovative title to date,” said Paul Jeal, F1® Franchise Director at Codemasters.
Our core players will welcome even greater gameplay depth with the introduction of our brand-new My Team feature, alongside three customisable season lengths which allows them to pick their favour tracks. In the year where Lewis Hamilton is going for his seventh World Championship, we celebrate the greatest F1® driver of all time with our Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition, which we know will prove popular with our community.”
“As huge fans of F1®, we continue to innovate and develop game modes that bring players even closer to the real-world sport,” said Lee Mather, F1® Game Director at Codemasters.​
We’ve also added new modes to enable more casual players to get up to speed more easily, and we’ve brought back split-screen for social play with friends. The additions reduce both the difficulty and time barrier to entry while retaining the car handling that our simulation players love.”
F1 2020 will be available on console and PC July 2020.

Keep an eye out for the upcoming F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and details about the upcoming new official Formula One racing videogame.

F1 2019 1.jpg
F1 2020 2.jpg
F1 2020 3.jpg
F1 2020 4.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like they'll do it for 2020, but i do hope they go Madness in the future titles, it's a much better sim engine.

Furthermore i hope they go madness and take a good long look at Reiza´s homework lol.

People that think they will turn it into a sim are living in dream world and arent using their brains. This game has to mass sell. Sims dont mass sell because you cant just pick them up and play and be good. Codemasters arent going to throw sales down the drain by going to full Sim.

Yes, it seems you totally agree with me :)
I also think it is not great.
The problem is the label "simcade" makes it immune to critics.
User1:"I think F1 2019 is not as great as some sims"
User2:"Well, that's because F1 2019 is not a sim. It is a simcade. It has to be easy to drive".
User1:"AMS is easy to drive. Can't Codemasters F1 be more like that?"
User2:"No. Because then it would be a sim".
:mad:

if they can't make the cars sound like the F1 Ferrari cars on Assetto Corsa do,they can keep it.I already have F1 2019 and gets on my nerves when i hear the sounds,after a session on Assetto Corsa.I mean...come on FFS !! You are the official F1 game !!!

I also think it is not great.
The problem is the label "simcade" makes it immune to critics.
User1:"I think F1 2019 is not as great as some sims"
User2:"Well, that's because F1 2019 is not a sim. It is a simcade. It has to be easy to drive".
User1:"AMS is easy to drive. Can't Codemasters F1 be more like that?"
User2:"No. Because then it would be a sim".
:mad:
I'm also on the camp make it as good as possible on wheels then throw some aids to help controllers side.

Of course the steering help/smoothing has to be cleverly disguised otherwise people will set the game to hardcore mode and then complain that it's too hard...

if they can't make the cars sound like the F1 Ferrari cars on Assetto Corsa do,they can keep it.I already have F1 2019 and gets on my nerves when i hear the sounds,after a session on Assetto Corsa.I mean...come on FFS !! You are the official F1 game !!!

And how long did AC take to develop exactly?! waaaay longer than any of these F1 games.

hmmm they want release a game in july sounds weird since official f1 didnt even started this year...and probably we wont see any f1 race till september..as last news indicate

To be, or not to be
VR, or no VR
To buy, or not to buy

#GetWithThe21stCenturyCodemastersFFS

Games are still enjoyable without VR ffs. Bores me seeing people whine about the fact they cant put on a headset to pretend they're actually doing it for real. Probably the same saddos that buy a pair of alpinestars racing gloves just to use the wheel in their bedroom.

Will they simulate 2020 season interrupted by covid with some F1 drivers using F1 2019 ? Will it have "Jimmer" as a playable character where you must optimize your view count on Youtube and battle with your new cool rich friends ?

People that think they will turn it into a sim are living in dream world and arent using their brains. This game has to mass sell. Sims dont mass sell because you cant just pick them up and play and be good. Codemasters arent going to throw sales down the drain by going to full Sim.

People don't buy the F1 games because it's an arcade game. They buy it because it's the official licensed Formula 1 game.

Changing the physics model wouldn't stop people buying it. If anything, more people would as sim racing is an ever growing market & those that tried it would soon get used to a more realistic experience which is where most racing games are moving towards as it's just more enjoyable & more rewarding.

Dirt Rally (Codemasters) is extremely popular & well selling considering rally as a sport is much smaller then F1. It's also regarded quite highly by rally drivers.

There's no reason why F1 can't take the same approach.

Well we were all hoping for this next F1 game to include VR, and according to the comments here it doesn't look like it. Too bad. F1 2019 will be my last purchase of these F1 games. I only do offline quick single mode races anyway, I dont do career.

If it does incorporate VR in future announcements, I will get this F1 game.

I also have some of the previous F1 versions also. Even though I use VORPX works well for these PC F1 games, it is still not quite the same as having true 360 degree VR viewing as in other racing games that have VR.. Goodbye to codemasters F1 games.

Games are still enjoyable without VR ffs. Bores me seeing people whine about the fact they cant put on a headset to pretend they're actually doing it for real. Probably the same saddos that buy a pair of alpinestars racing gloves just to use the wheel in their bedroom.

Racing Sims are not enjoyable for me on flatscreen, bores me that non-vr people are so against a tech that's revolutionised cockpit based games, probably the same saddos who were against FFB wheels.

F1 2010 was my first introduction into "sim racing". I remember not being to figure out how in the hell you are supposed to get a car around a track with a keyboard. A coworker told me to buy a steering wheel which I thought was absolutely nuts. Enter Logitech G27. Ok, I thought this actually might work. I did races at a few tracks, but mostly hot lapped. I bought F1 2013, 2016, 2017 and 2018. I got F1 2019 for free. In this time period I did a few races but mostly hot lapped. Work obligations didn't allow me to spend the time I felt I need to really get good at race craft so the F1 titles were good enough.

As work obligations diminished, I decide to take a serious look at the "sim racing" genre. I bought AC, ACC, RF2, PC2 and most recently AMS2. I also went all in on kit with Fanatec DD2, v3 wheels, upgraded PC, 2k monitor and am currently awaiting a HP Reverb Pro VR headset.

What I have found in my experimentation in sim racing is the F1 titles seem to be a constant rehash. I love F1 the sport, but as I have "grown up" in regards to sim racing, the F1 just don't seem to care about getting better. To me, there is no reason not to support a mouse. There is no reason the driving is so mushy game after game. There is no reason to not be able to save replays in game. There is no reason to not seriously look at VR. There is no reason that each season can't be a DLC, while development continues to improve the overall game. There is no reason you ignore your customer base over and over again asking for things that other games provide.

I feel the F1 game is living on a relationship with the pinnacle of the sport and not as hungry as the other titles. Complacency will get you killed. Look at ACC. Came out everyone hated it. Continued development even thought it is a sponsored series like F1. Now everyone raves about it. F1 has everything to make other titles bow down, drivers, locations, exposure. They are missing vision and dedication.

All that rambling to say, I will pass on their products until they survey the land of sim racing and decide they want to be for real.

Racing Sims are not enjoyable for me on flatscreen, bores me that non-vr people are so against a tech that's revolutionised cockpit based games, probably the same saddos who were against FFB wheels.

Not really. Got a wheel but when other things in life take priority then spending hundreds on vr isnt something that interests me one bit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back