F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

How do you change the livery color from all black to all white for example in a Paint/DDS file? I wanted to make an all white version of the black Mission Winnow Livery by Peter Roach. Any help would be much appreciated.

I’m using photshop and have the paint file open just cant figure out how to edit it to white.

Last edited:
Need some help here.
I just finished a custom livery and tried to install it via ERP. All seens fine when I save the document but in game the livery does not chance and the original racenet livery appears all blurry. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Hi
I dont know where to ask about it so sorry for maybe stupid question.
Is it possible to trasfer drivers between teams by mods in f1 2020? Because i really want to see Sainz in ferrari and Ricciardo in mclaren, but there are no mods, and i dont know how to do it by myself

I have a couple of questions about modding. I have never made a mod before for any game. What kind of software would I need to create a mod? Second, how difficult would it be to make a mod that replaces the grid rundown/intro scenes to make the realistic?

Need some help here.
I just finished a custom livery and tried to install it via ERP. All seens fine when I save the document but in game the livery does not chance and the original racenet livery appears all blurry. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
You need to be sure and replace the same livery file in the following ERP's:
  • 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp
  • 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_ferrari\wep\myteam_ferrari.erp
  • 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_honda\wep\myteam_honda.erp
  • 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_mercedes\wep\myteam_mercedes.erp
  • 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_renault\wep\myteam_renault.erp
You also need to be sure and save the mipmaps in the correct location:
  • f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\textures\liveries

I personally do all this in its own folder, somewhere else that's NOT the Steam F1 2020 directory to make it easier to correct mistakes and copy+paste when I'm ready, but it's not necessary. Just remember you can't play online with custom mods - it will kick you from the race. Simply restore the stock game files and you're fine.

Hi guys! Been playing around with modding F1 2020 and having a blast.

I’ve got a decent understand of what to edit etc. and have managed to customise nearly everything in myteam (screen, livery, pitcrew suits etc) ive ran into a problem though.

when uploading a custom race crew outfit, the default myteam outfit is still visible below. Anyone know how to fix this?

much appreciated!

Is that possible to create a mod to correct the team colours on the HUD and menu? Like Alpha Tauri in TV graphic is white and Williams are light blue. In the game Alpha is a wierd blue and Williams is white.

Is there a way to edit a downloaded custom livery in Photoshop in the file format the skins are in (for copy/paste or ERP), or is the only way to edit them is to get the PSDs?

You can open the .DDS in Photoshop and edit it assuming you have the plugin, but it'll be a flat image and won't have layers.

Hi, can I change official teams livery (ferrari, mercedes, mclaren etc...) to customs MyTeams livery's? Example: Can I change racing point livery to Aston Martin Livery by Flitz17?

hi guys I wanted to ask you if it is possible to have on the halo of the racing point the word JCB and the word telcel like this:

and also the word bwt on the steering wheel

Attachments

• TnI0AqfF449R-bexhgp0W9EHHYFaXpAaA0NUzWZM5ik.jpg
    TnI0AqfF449R-bexhgp0W9EHHYFaXpAaA0NUzWZM5ik.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 103
Hey guys,

does anyone remember the generic helmet designs from F1 2016 which we could edit in paint.net and then reimport as a helmet for any driver we wanted? Shame these designs aren't there anymore. Can anyone sort of implement them into F1 2020? I tried to but failed

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.