F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

when you put a blue-based badge, what are the color combinations to achieve the blue look? red & green turn the badge purple

EDIT

lol should've used 70th anniv badge instead

Last edited:
When I work with 3d carmodel, after some minutes I get an error which displays that my RAM is full (Volume full). I tried many things but nothing helped. Do you have any specific methods if working on that 3d fom car model?

PS: I have 16gb ram, should be enough I thought

Hello, everybody!

I need your help I'm having a pretty annoying problem, a few days ago I published my first livery (link) and since then I haven't stopped receiving messages from users reporting that the copy and paste installation looks blurry, I'm trying to fix it but I really don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Does anyone know the correct protocol for this not to happen?

Thank you very much in advance!

1596208554088.png

New to the modding community, anyone know which part of the texture map I need to fill to cover up the front axle holes?

When I work with 3d carmodel, after some minutes I get an error which displays that my RAM is full (Volume full). I tried many things but nothing helped. Do you have any specific methods if working on that 3d fom car model?

PS: I have 16gb ram, should be enough I thought
reduce your resolution of 3D model to your comfort size. that because the 3d canvas is 8K which is resource demanding. i reduce myself to 2K or sometimes 4k, and set my PS RAM consume to 80%.

either PS has reached the maximum memory allowed by the software or your disk space is low.

@Henky SA
Oh, thank you so much! I was struggling so hard for a solution, but finally
but the downside when you scaled down 3d canvas size for performance saving is when you put a texture down straight onto the model itself you'll get a low-pixelated layer on your 2d texture. this can be solved by redraw & make the layer you have sticked onto 2d tidy again then remove the merged to avoid quality issue. take 3D as your preview or your starting point base to draw.

Last edited:
Not sure
but the downside when you scaled down 3d canvas size for performance saving is when you put a texture down straight onto the model itself you'll get a low-pixelated layer on your 2d texture. this can be solved by redraw & make the layer you have sticked onto 2d tidy again then remove the merged to avoid quality issue. take 3D as your preview or your starting point base to draw.

Not sure if I understood this right. When I add a texture/logo straight into the 2d psb layer it won't lose quality if I export it again?

Not sure

Not sure if I understood this right. When I add a texture/logo straight into the 2d psb layer it won't lose quality if I export it again?
no it wont, when you get straight into 2d the quality is what will you get expected of. or same as it is to be exact. i was speaking about when you do a layer merge down on 3D

So I have few questions for some specific texture locations if someone can please list them I would be so grateful, I managed to find some on this thread but just to be sure if someone more experienced could list it:

1) What textures in which location should I change in order to create custom gloves? I tried some but got everything blurry and then it creates that loop of me trying to find where else do I need to import the textures etc...

2) What textures in which location should I change in order to creat custom pitcrew and those team mechanics shirts etc? I saw the jburon72s listing: facilities_common.erp, career_hub.erp, garagecrew.erp, pitstop.erp and naming their locations but are those the only ones that should be messed with?

3) Are there any accessible textures that are simple to change like the racenet and anniversary ones, I wanted to import one more livery so I can easily switch between 3 of them, but Im not sure is there another one as simple as they are?

Sorry for the long questions, and sorry if they have already been answered, thanks in advance for whoever helps me :D

Where do you import/change the numbers for the myteam car?

1. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\wep\fom_car.erp
and also
2. 2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\myteam_(engine)\wep\myteam_engine.erp (i suggest import your number to all engine to avoid blurry textures

highlight the number you want to import in fom_driver_number (fom_driver_98 for example) then import. dont forget to save mipmaps.

1596271160004.png

Hello everybody. I don't know if I'm right here with my request. I would like to play two different MyTeam careers, with the old teams Jordan and Jaguar. For both teams I could already download the right skin mods here, but in the game I only have one skin that I can select. My question would now be whether it is possible to use ingame multiple skins and if so how can I do this via the Copy pase installation? Because over the copy pase it seems as if a skin packet is always overwritten so that I can only play with one skin.

Thanks for Help and sorry for my bad English

hello guys I wanted to ask you if you can make a mod with the face of nico hulkenberg and his helmet used in silverston and then also the number 27 with HUL script on the halo of the racing point thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.