F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles

Misc F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles Update 14

Login or Register an account to download this content
How does this mod affects a My Team Carreer? In my carreer I'm on 5th season and My Team is using Ferrari engine which is on top of every engines, also my team has developed all the improvements.
It's going to affect my performance somehow?

Also, does it override the liveries I have for My Team?
Mod not affect to performance and works good for already started careers.
Copy-paste installation incompatible with skin mods, but to combine it use manual installation instruction under spoiler located in the mod description.

Thanks for the response @StrongestFish

Last question:
Why there's no Mercedes folder on the Copy-Paster installation?

1599184767347.png

I learned 1.09 released because I saw an update from you, MY MAN! so quick to update your mods. thank you thank you
(also, i see people still cant read the description.. "CaN yOu AdD dAmAgE tOoOoO?!" reeeeeee lol)

Last edited:
I used to play with your mod some monthes ago and all worked fine. I came back with new patch to start a new myteam career, but smth is not good. I copied files from realistic damage folder, changed damage type in game settings to simulation - seems to work like intended I guess. But I also copied files to make my car indestructible - and nothing happened. It is not indestructible. I have no skin modes.

Last edited:
I used to play with your mod some monthes ago and all worked fine. I came back with new patch to start a new myteam career, but smth is not good. I copied files from realistic damage folder, changed damage type in game settings to simulation - seems to work like intended I guess. But I also copied files to make my car indestructible - and nothing happened. It is not indestructible. I have no skin modes.
Oh, sorry, it was my mistake. Thanks for feedback. Improved now. But i'm glad that somebody really uses this option :)

I've done some testing and found out that:
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value="0.85" /> is actually the amount of downforce you have under slipstream.

<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="0.9" /> is the amount of drag you have under slipstream.

When the car is not in a slipstream both values would be 1, that means what the original value is is that when you're inside a slipstream the aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value is decreased to 0.85 and you only have 85% of your original grip.

While the aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value was 0.9 because that means you have 90% of your car's original drag, so a little bit more top speed.

In this mod the ScaleLift value is set to 1.7, that means a whopping 175% of downforce when slipstreaming, which is the reason why everyone felt that dramatic increase of grip when they're behind other cars.

My recommendation is change the ScaleLift value to about 0.95 (95% downforce) and ScaleDrag value to about 0.7 (70% drag) for a more realistic experience.

Last edited:
I've done some testing and found out that:
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value="0.85" /> is actually the amount of downforce you have under slipstream.

<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="0.9" /> is the amount of drag you have under slipstream.

When the car is not in a slipstream both values would be 1, that means what the original value is is that when you're inside a slipstream the aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value is decreased to 0.85 and you only have 85% of your original grip.

While the aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value was 0.9 because that means you have 90% of your car's original drag, so a little bit more top speed.

In this mod the ScaleLift value is set to 1.7, that means a whopping 175% of downforce when slipstreaming, which is the reason why everyone felt that dramatic increase of grip when they're behind other cars.

My recommendation is change the ScaleLift value to about 0.95 (95% downforce) and ScaleDrag value to about 0.7 (70% drag) for a more realistic experience.
You can make it by yourself and upload to this site as separate mod. Just do it ;)
My mod is not for realism, but for fun.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea