• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

F1 2020 | First Look At The New Hanoi Circuit

Jacka96

1RPM
Premium
Aug 18, 2018
Honestly never saw this track till just now and can already tell what a bore fest it's gonna be, another track to cut along with paul-Richard, monaco. Bring back Nurburgring.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
people who complain about tilke circuits always forget or ignore how limited the playground is he gets to design new f1 circuits on. other designers would have the same struggle.

f1 wanted a plain "street" circuit in hanoi and tilke delivered what they ordered.
Not blaming Tilke the person, but I find most of his work uninspiring.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Turkey was ok wasnt it?
Turkey was pretty good. Of all the tracks Tilke designed, my favorite is COTA. It benefits from the location, with nice elevation changes, and there are some very interesting and challenging corners. But too many of his designs are the same. And his street circuits are just crap. Valencia was awful, so is Baku and this new Hanoi circuit is not exciting. I'll try it out when F1 2020 is released, of course, but so far, I'm not impressed.

kevintaddo10

100RPM
Oct 15, 2018
Gonna repeat what someone already telled. But bring back tracks like Istanbul (even if I done my first sim racing race ever and I have great memories, it's a GREAT TRACK!) or, unpopular opinion, Valencia. In 2012 the race was amazing, in the top and in the middle of the field

Ben Lee

500RPM
Jan 17, 2011
Its funny how when a street circuit is added to the calendar, the FIA's strict rule book on track safety requirements is conveniently thrown out the window, whilst classic tracks are forced to make egregious changes to their layout in order to remain "safe".

Reactions: Durge Driven