F1 2020 F1 2020 | First Look At The New Hanoi Circuit

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released another new on board lap in F1 2020 - this time taking a look at the brand new Vietnamese Grand Prix location that was set to debut this weekend.

The Hanoi Circuit is 5.613km long, features 23 turns and takes inspiration from iconic F1 circuits such as Suzuka, Monaco and Nürburgring. Although a street circuit in nature, the track has been specifically designed to allow ease of overtaking for the Formula One drivers, and features two incredibly long straights followed by significant braking zones to promote passing between the cars. Expected to be one of thefastest circuits in the F1 calendar, Hanoi looks set to offer something a bit different to the traditional new Grand Prix venue.

The Hanoi circuit is the second new venue to form part of the 2020 Formula One season, with the returning and remodelled Zandvoort Grand Prix Circuit also scheduled to make its debut this year - although that return will have to wait until 2021, as the event organisers recently confirmed the Dutch Grand Prix has been postponed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

F1 2020 Hanoi 1.jpg

Even if the real deal isn't taking place for another 12 months, both circuits will be available to use within F1 2020 next month, something the studio are delighted to bring to players as part of the latest in a long line of officially franchised racing games.

“We’re always excited to create new experiences for our players. Hanoi Circuit delivers both thrills and challenges, set against the backdrop of the stunning city skyline,” said Lee Mather, F1® Franchise Game Director at Codemasters. “Hanoi Circuit is an adrenaline rush with high speeds, long straights and heavy braking zones, but it will punish anyone who doesn’t respect the walled sections.”

“Hanoi Circuit offers a unique city circuit layout with several overtaking possibilities and high-speed corner combinations,” said Dr, Carsten Tilke, Managing Director and Partner at Tilke GmbH & Co. KG. “Codemasters has done a great job recreating Hanoi Circuit, and the track will provide a new challenge for all players.”

F1 2020 is set to release on Friday 10th July 2020 for PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia. Players who purchase the Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition will receive exclusive content and three days early access.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Hanoi 3.jpg
F1 2020 Hanoi 2.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey was ok wasnt it?

Turkey was pretty good. Of all the tracks Tilke designed, my favorite is COTA. It benefits from the location, with nice elevation changes, and there are some very interesting and challenging corners. But too many of his designs are the same. And his street circuits are just crap. Valencia was awful, so is Baku and this new Hanoi circuit is not exciting. I'll try it out when F1 2020 is released, of course, but so far, I'm not impressed.

Gonna repeat what someone already telled. But bring back tracks like Istanbul (even if I done my first sim racing race ever and I have great memories, it's a GREAT TRACK!) or, unpopular opinion, Valencia. In 2012 the race was amazing, in the top and in the middle of the field

Its funny how when a street circuit is added to the calendar, the FIA's strict rule book on track safety requirements is conveniently thrown out the window, whilst classic tracks are forced to make egregious changes to their layout in order to remain "safe".

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%