F1 2019 F1 2019: F2 Officially Confirmed

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 F2 Confirmed.jpg

Ok, so we already know about this - but now it is official! F2 is coming as part of the new Formula One 2019 game from Codemasters.

For the first time in the long running franchise of officially licenced Formula One games from the Codemasters stable, the main category supporting Formula Two championship is set to appear within the game.

According to Codemasters, upon initial shipping of the F1 2019 game the title will come with the 2018 FIA F2 season cars, teams and drivers. This content will be playable in both single player and multiplayer environments, and furthermore the 2019 version of the series will be added as a free update later in the year.

No details about how these cars will be integrated into the career mode of the title have been revealed as yet, but more news is expected to follow in the coming days and weeks..

"(we are) extremely excited to be bringing the FIA Formula 2 Championship to the franchise. It’s consistently been one of the most requested features from our community and it comes at a perfect time with the top three drivers from 2018 in George Russell, Lando Norris and Alexander Albon progressing to F1® for this season. We can’t wait to unveil more details on how this is integrated into the career mode in the coming weeks.” said Codemasters during the initial announcement press release a few days ago.

So, pretty exciting to finally get a more joined up career mode within the new game isn't it? Looking forward to hearing more of Codemasters plans for the new content in the near future...

F1 2019 F2 Confirmed 2.jpg

F1 2019 is set to release on PC and console this July.

For the latest and greatest from the world of the next official Formula One game, head over to the (upcoming) F1 2019 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Yeah imagine similar to what pcars 1 & 2 did with career progression but with all of the tech development and interviews and stuff.
Yeah I think I will buy this 2019 game this year, I am missing 16/17/18 but have owned every codies title since the start so missing the odd ones ok, 2016 I refunded the Graphics was shocking on the 1st release,
but been watching online and youtube I love F2 action though I imagine the online racing be lovely,
just hope the physics are nice. :)

Brownninja97

Premium
Yeah I think I will buy this 2019 game this year, I am missing 16/17/18 but have owned every codies title since the start so missing the odd ones ok, 2016 I refunded the Graphics was shocking on the 1st release,
but been watching online and youtube I love F2 action though I imagine the online racing be lovely,
just hope the physics are nice. :)
I got last years one but it was hard to play because the sounds of your mods made the f1 games sound pretty underwhelming.

RCHeliguy

Premium
what about VR ???

I guess it's too much to ask. I saw Fanatec's deal with their 2019 F1 rim and copy of this game and all I could think, is too bad I could never play it since I'm not set up to use screens. Life goes on. One day they will come around and until then there are other companies embracing VR.

Fanatec is losing out on selling me an F1 rim and Codemasters is losing out on selling me their game.

Edit: To be fair, I'll be picking up Dirt Rally 2.0 when they add VR support this summer, so it's not like I'm blacklisting Codemasters. Like everyone else I vote with my wallet. When they make something I want, I buy it.

Last edited:
They'll probably add F3 as a DLC
And that DLC will be called F1 2020 :sneaky:

Sorry, forgot to add that if these cars are well made and the FFB is improved over the previous titles then I may be interested. Until that day, F2 in rF2 is extremely enjoyable anyway so no loss to me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I like the idea of climbing from F1 to F2. Like many, I hope F3 will eventually be available (maybe in F1 2020?) F2 is a great addition to the title, even if I never see the races live because I live in Canada.

The "classic cars" content never does anything for me, however, because you can't really race them in a complete season. Racing a 2005 Renault or a 2009 Brawn just for the sake of it does not really interest me.

I like the idea of climbing from F1 to F2. Like many, I hope F3 will eventually be available (maybe in F1 2020?) F2 is a great addition to the title, even if I never see the races live because I live in Canada.

The "classic cars" content never does anything for me, however, because you can't really race them in a complete season. Racing a 2005 Renault or a 2009 Brawn just for the sake of it does not really interest me.
Think you mean F2 to F1?

Also in Canada it's a shame that the feeder series to F1 doesn't travel there. You'd think that F2 should race everywhere that F1 does, in order for the younger protagonists to gain the experience required for the next step up.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000