F1 2019 F1 2019: F2 Officially Confirmed

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2019 F2 Confirmed.jpg

Ok, so we already know about this - but now it is official! F2 is coming as part of the new Formula One 2019 game from Codemasters.

For the first time in the long running franchise of officially licenced Formula One games from the Codemasters stable, the main category supporting Formula Two championship is set to appear within the game.

According to Codemasters, upon initial shipping of the F1 2019 game the title will come with the 2018 FIA F2 season cars, teams and drivers. This content will be playable in both single player and multiplayer environments, and furthermore the 2019 version of the series will be added as a free update later in the year.

No details about how these cars will be integrated into the career mode of the title have been revealed as yet, but more news is expected to follow in the coming days and weeks..

"(we are) extremely excited to be bringing the FIA Formula 2 Championship to the franchise. It’s consistently been one of the most requested features from our community and it comes at a perfect time with the top three drivers from 2018 in George Russell, Lando Norris and Alexander Albon progressing to F1® for this season. We can’t wait to unveil more details on how this is integrated into the career mode in the coming weeks.” said Codemasters during the initial announcement press release a few days ago.

So, pretty exciting to finally get a more joined up career mode within the new game isn't it? Looking forward to hearing more of Codemasters plans for the new content in the near future...

F1 2019 F2 Confirmed 2.jpg

F1 2019 is set to release on PC and console this July.

For the latest and greatest from the world of the next official Formula One game, head over to the (upcoming) F1 2019 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Think you mean F2 to F1?

Also in Canada it's a shame that the feeder series to F1 doesn't travel there. You'd think that F2 should race everywhere that F1 does, in order for the younger protagonists to gain the experience required for the next step up.
Since F2 doesn't generate nearly as much profit as F1, if any at all, it doesn't make sense from a logistics point of view for it to travel everywhere with F1. Also, I think they prioritize circuits that don't have much use, or none at all like street circuits, so the F2 cars can help clean and rubber up the surface for the F1 cars.

Since F2 doesn't generate nearly as much profit as F1, if any at all, it doesn't make sense from a logistics point of view for it to travel everywhere with F1. Also, I think they prioritize circuits that don't have much use, or none at all like street circuits, so the F2 cars can help clean and rubber up the surface for the F1 cars.

By this logic then why GP2/F2 traveled to Malaysia,Singapore,Abu Dhabi,Bahrain,Russia,Baku with F1 in the past years?

Every weekend has some sort of supporting series between the F1 sessions, even if there is no F2/F3. They usually national GT races or some kind of national openwheel series etc. You can find timetables online.

For the advertisers that sponsor the teams and the series, its key to follow as these cars are on the world stage. They support the biggest motorsport event so it's actually in the series best interests to follow as many tracks as the F1 series that they support.
Also prioritising lesser used circuits, really?
In the past, and I'm thinking off the top of my head here, Silverstone, Monza, Monaco, Sepang, Sochi, Hockenhiem, Nurburgring, Circuit de Catalunya...
I could check and get a complete list but these are world class 1 FIA event tracks and locations... I don't think they're hardly used...

It's actually interesting to see how much interest there's for the F2 content on the F1 game, most considering as part of a career progression.

Of course, any additional content and feature are more than welcome, otherwise it would feel they'd be selling the same game over and over just with updated car models, liveries and drivers to reflect the current season - which isn't much of work to justify paying the full price for the game.

It's actually interesting to see how much interest there's for the F2 content on the F1 game, most considering as part of a career progression.

Of course, any additional content and feature are more than welcome, otherwise it would feel they'd be selling the same game over and over just with updated car models, liveries and drivers to reflect the current season - which isn't much of work to justify paying the full price for the game.
To be honest, I'd be happy with this at a lower price or via DLC. Smaller changes and looking to improve the issues that seem to have appeared since 2017 online would be appreciated

About damn time, still not enough. Ladies and gents lets face it, Moto GP might not be the best series but content wise Milestone goes full on, From Red Bull rookies all the way to the Moto GP plus all kinds of classic content.
Maybe Moto GP isnt so hard on licensing and its happy to promote lower categories trough the video game.

The last F1 game I bought was 2012. Fun - the philosophy was arcade.
Nothing wrong with that (call a spade a spade), and might try this when it is on sale.
Will hold off paying 50 quid for it for the moment.
F2 is kind of like F1 cars of the past (with a canopy unfortunately - can it be turned off), so this could be the funnest part of the game.

The last F1 game I bought was 2012. Fun - the philosophy was arcade.
Nothing wrong with that (call a spade a spade), and might try this when it is on sale.
Will hold off paying 50 quid for it for the moment.
F2 is kind of like F1 cars of the past (with a canopy unfortunately - can it be turned off), so this could be the funnest part of the game.
You can preorder the game on various sites for less than 30€.

F2 in an F1 game only makes sense to me if it will be part of a career mode. If I just want to drive an F2, I startup AC and drive the Formula RSS 2 (2017 V8 or 2018 V6 version). I doubt F1 2019 will have an F2 car of similar quality as the Formula RSS 2. For console racers AC with mods is no option, so for them this addition would be more welcome I think.

I personally would like to see more historic F1 cars and tracks in the F1 games.

Last edited:
Codemasters make games for pad users first and foremost, wheel support has always felt like an after thought. the first time they even got close to good FFB was DR but then they messed it up in the next two releases.

VR users need to be realistic too, in 10 years we havant even had triple screen support and both times Oculus has funded the implementation of VR and both times it was an after thought.

All Codemasters games apart from the original DR are developed on consoles first and then ported to PC, and i for one feel that DR's success came from the fact it was developed on a PC first, with a more optimised and streamlined version being released on consoles later.

Codemasters in my eyes will always be the company that tried, yet never really got there.

For the advertisers that sponsor the teams and the series, its key to follow as these cars are on the world stage. They support the biggest motorsport event so it's actually in the series best interests to follow as many tracks as the F1 series that they support.
Also prioritising lesser used circuits, really?
In the past, and I'm thinking off the top of my head here, Silverstone, Monza, Monaco, Sepang, Sochi, Hockenhiem, Nurburgring, Circuit de Catalunya...
I could check and get a complete list but these are world class 1 FIA event tracks and locations... I don't think they're hardly used...
Yes I know it's in the best interest of the sponsors and teams to be on as many F1 events as possible, but there comes a point when going to more races actually takes away from your profits.
And I didn't say going to lesser used circuit is their ONLY priority, I said it's one of them, don't blame me for your own interpretation. Oh, and BTW, Monaco? Are you trying to say that people race at Monte Carlo all year long?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back