F1 2018 F1 2018 (Xbox One) Updated

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 for Xbox One has been the recipient of the update treatment - check out the details below...

The first patch for F1 2018 since releasing a few short days ago has arrived! Launched today on Xbox One consoles only, build 1.04 is here and comes with a few very welcome and useful fixes to a title that has started out life remarkably strongly with critics and gamers alike.

The new build isn't jam packed with high profile or earth shattering game changing new features, but is to be considered as more of a gentle evolutionary update to the game that addresses some of the more noticeable areas of concern on the Microsoft flagship machine version of the title.

Performance improvements are potentially one of the most keenly awaited elements of the new build, however teleporting AI fixes are probably going to be well received too for those of us looking for immersion...

F1 2018 Update 2.jpg

Version 1.04 Xbox One Update Notes:
  • Updated the Power Unit and Research and Development tutorial videos
  • Updated the default ghost cars for the Classic era in Time Trial
  • Stopped AI cars being teleported to / from the pit lane
  • Improved Multiplayer bandwidth evaluation
  • Improved stability in online sessions
  • Fixed Julian Fébreau being correctly referenced in the broadcast UI (French only)
  • Correctly limited Xbox One voice communication to the number of players shown during loading
  • Improved stability and various other fixes
Please note that if you still can’t access your DLC cars on Xbox One, please email custservice@codemasters.com, including in your email the date and approximate time you redeemed the DLC, and a photo or scan of the page clearly showing your DLC code.

F1 2018 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

What do you think of F1 2018 so far? Are you enjoying the game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
L0l, this one has ZERO answers and GTR topic 43 (and counting) ! :D
Well....
FIRST one ! :p

Wish they somehow fix those weird fastest lap times. Alonso is great driver but c'mon...
even in his wettest dreams he isn't this much on pole as he is in this darn game. Jeez us. :alien:

Last edited:
L0l, this one has ZERO answers and GTR topic 43 (and counting) ! :D
Wel....
FIRST one ! :p

Wish they somehow fix those weird fastest lap times. Alonso is great driver but c'mon...
even in his wettest dreams he isn't this much on pole as he is in this darn game. Jeez us. :alien:
Hey man
you mean those crazy lap times ? like i have posted?
i hope this
"Stopped AI cars being teleported to / from the pit lane"
could solve this , i have write about this bug and it seems it is somehow related to the chaos in pit lane , every cars that have done a crazy laptime end up at the pit lane crashing to each other , walls and garages until they DSQed

PC has the 1.04 patch since release day but the ranked games not work and there are other issues. Stuttering at flashback, random game freezes, and overall if the multi works its pretty laggy.

Hey man
you mean those crazy lap times ? like i have posted?
i hope this
"Stopped AI cars being teleported to / from the pit lane"
could solve this , i have write about this bug and it seems it is somehow related to the chaos in pit lane , every cars that have done a crazy laptime end up at the pit lane crashing to each other , walls and garages until they DSQed
Yeah man, I was thinking about your and another guy I saw (I believe on Youtube) qualy (and race fastest laps) it's just not realistic, times are all over the place, some faster than other for like 10-20 seconds. Maybe just some kind of text glitch. Could be but I would love to see some explanation...
Btw, you use PC version I believe ?

So how many times did F1 2017 got updated before they stopped?

I don't know where to post. Someone at codies needs to know, a PC title in 2018 needs mouse support! Dammit! I'm having a hard time navigating the menus with so many different buttons to use just for left/right functions! Even consoles these days have support for mouse and keyboard!

So how many times did F1 2017 got updated before they stopped?

I don't know where to post. Someone at codies needs to know, a PC title in 2018 needs mouse support! Dammit! I'm having a hard time navigating the menus with so many different buttons to use just for left/right functions! Even consoles these days have support for mouse and keyboard!
Good question. Idk surely but something like ~7-8.

Yeah man, I was thinking about your and another guy I saw (I believe on Youtube) qualy (and race fastest laps) it's just not realistic, times are all over the place, some faster than other for like 10-20 seconds. Maybe just some kind of text glitch. Could be but I would love to see some explanation...
Btw, you use PC version I believe ?
Yes i'm on pc and it seems my version is 1.04 already, so that patch note i have mentioned didn't have a good effect... also there is a chance that it is the cause of the Mess i'm experiencing :laugh::D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back