Having been released to plenty of fanfare back in August, certainly impressing this reviewer with what feels like the most accomplished release of the franchise from Codemasters to date, the British development team have continued plugging away at post release support for the game across all platforms - releasing the latest 1.15 build version to the Steam network (PC) earlier today.
Sadly as is the way with game development for console brands from Sony and Microsoft, the approvals process for game updates tend to take a little bit longer than is the case with their PC counterparts, and as such players of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of F1 2018 will have to wait just a little bit longer to get their hands on the latest version of the title.
Of the update itself, build 1.15 brings with it mostly a selection of fixes to some of the remaining bugs within the game, although the latest release has also incorporated a very useful set of improvements for Fanatec CSL Elite owners, as can be seen in the change log below...
V1.5 Update Notes:
- Safety Rating and Skill Rank should no longer reset on Xbox One.
- Fixed several issues where spectators and players could get stuck in a perpetual load state in multiplayer.
- The Safety Car/Virtual Safety Car should no longer trigger after a flashback.
- Fixed an issue where teams would value showmanship and sportsmanship incorrectly in contract negotiations.
- Wheels should no longer feel like they are losing power/force feedback mid race.
- Near/far chase camera should no longer jump when entering and exiting the pits.
- Fanatec CSL Elite should be able to be calibrated correctly after a fresh boot.
- Rev lights should now function correctly on Fanatec CSL Elite on PC.
- Trigger rumble option “Auto” should now work as intended on PC.
- Frame rate capping should now reach the maximum FPS cap on PC.
- Various stability and performance fixes.
F1 2018 is out now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.
Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!