Featured F1 2018 - First Footage Revealed: Monaco with Charles Leclerc

Discussion in 'F1 2018 - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 24, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,665
    The first footage from F1 2018 is here - featuring a hot lap of Monaco with home hero Charles Leclerc!

We've been waiting a while to see some in game footage or images from F1 2018 by Codemasters, and the wait is finally over! In honour of the upcoming Monaco Grand Prix, one of the most glamorous events on the current Formula One calendar, British development studio Codemasters have decided the time is right to reveal some new footage, and despite the early nature of the development cycle, the game looks remarkably impressive already.

On the graphics front, improvements have been made over previous versions of the long running franchise, something the new Art Director Stuart Campbell was keen to emphasise following this new video reveal:

“One of the biggest visual uplifts for F1 2018 are our revised lighting, sky, clouds and atmospherics systems. These systems work hand-in-hand and affect all aspects of the game rendering, making it more believable than ever before. Our new cloud tech more accurately represents the real world with improved cloud formations and response to light through the various weather scenarios that are a huge part of F1. Even on a clear day, the sky looks interesting with high level cloud detail and jet trails, while the new atmospherics system gives a true sense of depth in the scene and connects the sky and terrain in a more cohesive manner, making for some stunning vistas.”
    As well as visuals, F1 2018 will also contain some new features to better reflect some of the aspects of driving a modern Grand Prix car, namely the use (and adjustability of) ERS systems. Game Director on the F1 Games, Lee Mather said the following about this new addition to the latest F1 game:

“The inclusion of a player-managed Energy Recovery System (ERS) has been added to vehicle physics for F1 2018 as we always strive to give as authentic recreation of the sport as possible. Augmenting the powerful internal combustion engine, the player will have multiple deployment modes to choose from. The inclusion of the ERS will not only give the player an even more authentic Formula 1 experience, but will serve to create even more varied and exciting races”.
    Exciting times ahead for fans of the Formula One game franchise.

F1 2018 First Footage.jpg

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the first moving footage of F1 2018? Like what you see? Looking forward to the new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +484
    [​IMG]
    Damn, THAT HALO ! :alien:

I really hope there will be an option to turn it off.
    With a chainsaw, like Horner said. :D

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Haha Haha x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ears

ears
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    Charles Leclerc sounds about enthusiastic as I do when my wife suggests spending Saturday at a garden centre.

• Haha Haha x 34
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Jamie Blewitt

Jamie Blewitt

Ratings:
    +66
    The new lighting looks like an improvement over 2017 and the implementation of ERS modes is a nice addition. I just hope they have built on the solid physics from last years game too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. samcar304

samcar304
    Premium

Ratings:
    +388
    Really looking forward to the ERS management!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bporion

bporion

Ratings:
    +21
    VR ! ;)

• Agree Agree x 13
  7. FJBH10

FJBH10
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Same here, I usually drive F1 games from the TV / airbox camera but maybe it's time to start getting used to cockpit cam!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hitman65

Hitman65

Ratings:
    +1
    Wonder what the price is in Aus dollars.

9. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +318
    Lots of good stuff but wish they would add superb FFB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. reynaldo luna jr

reynaldo luna jr

Ratings:
    +2
    Why no cockpit view? Hmmm.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. JayOTT

JayOTT

Ratings:
    +10
    Why did Codemasters have to put off finally including ERS? Now it's one year too late for me because I don't care anymore :(

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. lukas005

lukas005

Ratings:
    +20
    It was Toto ;)

13. muzikant

muzikant

Ratings:
    +96
    A lot of the same.... no VR I think... no new graphic engine....no buy for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Peter Kerényi

Peter Kerényi

Ratings:
    +190
    I welcome manual ERS deployment. What I'd like to see "manualized" is driving in the pit. I am looking forward to the game quite a lot.

15. Haiden773

Haiden773
    Premium

Ratings:
    +37
    Looks great. Wait... no VR? Oh well, looks like I'll be sitting out another year. :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +392
    50 euro's for a halo:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +220
    ERS good news, also about time.
    Halo... it might be game breaking for those of us that like cockpit cam and play on a single screen, the AMS car makes me loose braking points very often.
    No VR (if true) bad, i'm looking to get into it soon, sounds like missing the boat again.
    New lightning system... Meh looks exactly the same... maybe it will run a little better.

18. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the original Nigel speech ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. motoliser

motoliser

Ratings:
    +92
    With or without halo&VR the game looks very realistic. Lets hope physics didn't vanish from their checklist

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JonnyCombat

JonnyCombat

Ratings:
    +2
    Still no idea what the cockpit view is like which is a tad concerning

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1